Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide and Seek | Map Building!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by SGCBarbierian, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGCBarbierian

Youtuber

Hey, its SGC here!

I have been speaking to @RoboJackPlays over helping out the community with advertisements and events. As most of you already know I will be judging the 2017 Halloween Building contest and I have big plans for streams on the new Mystery Gamemode the Staff Team plan to release soon!

Now onto the main subject of this thread!

As many of my fans know one of my most popular series on my channel is my Hide & Seek series. I have been speaking with Jack and we have decided that it would be a good idea to allow the community to create maps for me to use live in my videos! However, there are a few requirements that we have:

• You must be the Architect build rank (or higher) - If you are not this rank but still feel like your submission is good then feel free to submit your map anyway!
    • Your map must be child-friendly. This includes no 'hidden jokes'
    • You must give us permission to use your map and allow monetization of the video your build is used in.
    • Your map should be eye-catching and have one main theme. This allows me to title and make a good thumbnail for the map. Although some builds can be truly outstanding it is difficult for me to title and thumbnail a video that uses some sort of medieval map (even if it is amazing!).
    A few more things to add onto that is: We don't want a huge map. Although these are great and fun to play on it can become too overwhelming when playing with just 2-3 other people in the video. We also suggest creating maps designed around recent times, for example, a 'Galaxy' based map for the 2017 StarWars release. These always go down amazingly with my audience!

If you are dedicated to the project and the maps you make are high quality you will be offered a semi-permanent position on the AJGaming Build Team. This team will have direct contact with Jack and myself in certain cases. They will be the first onboard new projects, maps and more! You must know that there are limited spaces in this team and inactive/incapable members will be replaced.

You can submit your maps here (Click this text). Once submitted it will be viewable and open to all users to reply and give you suggestions and criticism (Stealing other peoples builds isn't a smart idea because people will find out). Here you can submit maps and the staff team will select the best ones and send them to me ready for recording. If you have any questions or concerns I suggest you speak to Jack or any other Staff member and they will give you information accordingly!

If you want to get a feel for how my videos are and what kind of maps I play you can see some of my videos here:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. YaBoiFrooty

Count me in! This sounds like absolute fun.

3. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

Looking forward to seeing all of your submissions! I am sure we are going to get some awesome ones.

4. Akdongsaeng

Two questions:
    1) If the map is built using a certain resourcepack to add certain designs to things is that okay or should the default Minecraft resoucepack be used?

2) Is there a deadline for the submissions and if so, when is the deadline?

Thanks!
    EXOJungKook

5. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

If you are doing it with a texture pack make sure to include it in your submission.

No there is no deadline this is a permanent event.

6. Friized

Retired Staff

Looks like a pretty neat idea tbh :)

7. Akdongsaeng

Sweet also, does the map have to be on the server or can it be made on a singleplayer world that's been edited using MCEdit and other outside programs?

8. SGCBarbierian

Youtuber

The map must be made on the AJGaming server!

9. Astriii

Retired Staff

I am one of those who like building after a theme, so I'd love it if you posted some themes or ideas you have yourself for the maps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.