Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important JAC Gaming! What's going on?

Discussion in 'AJGaming News' started by JackCosens, Feb 19, 2018.

1. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

So as most of you have seen already AJGaming did, in fact, purchase our largest competitor JAC Gaming. Not only is this a great opportunity for us to expand out our resources and supply servers for new people it also gives the users and staff of JAC Gaming a new chance to give their favourite packs some love and support that the JAC Gaming administration team has been unable to supply for some years now, however there are still a large amount of players from that team that stuck with the community in hope that change and opportunity will come. We are here to try and provide that.

I have noticed that some of you may be worried about what exactly is going to happen with this purchase - Whats going to be taken down - whats going to be removed? This thread is going to highlight these questions and give a final answer.

What is going to happen?
    • JAC Gaming will merge into AJGaming - We will transfer all files over to our server system and continue to supply them with the key resources they need to run.
    • Staff teams from both servers will be merged into temporary slots - however, it may take some time for us to shuffle some of these users round depending on their dedication and skill-set
    • JAC Gaming's website and the store will be shut down and an active redirect will be put in place to bring you to this site. This is to keep things simplistic and linked in with our network setup. You can sign up to this forum by logging onto any of the modpacks and servers and following the /register directions.
    • Wizard Academy and Advanced Wizardry WILL NOT be merged. The original plan was to merge these two servers but on second opinions we have decided to keep both separate and have one focus on Friendly Survival Magic & Tech and the other one a factions/raiding base Magic Only server. The wizard academy pack will be updated shortly with new changes however we do need to resolve the Advanced Wizardry issue first
    • JAC Gaming's discord will move over to ours. Eventually, we will get to a point where we will lock all of the old JAC Gaming discord channels to move over to the AJGaming Discord - This is due to our staff team not wanting to be flicking back and forth through servers to help you guys with support issues etc.
    • Nobody on the JAC Gaming servers will lose their donator rank. We will just be moving the donation store over to our buycraft to allow automatic purchasing and item retrieval in the game to put less strain on managers giving out the correct kits and ranks in a timely manner.
    • The JAC Gaming player count will be merged in with the AJGaming Player count this means that you will no longer see how many people are on each individual server from the list screen you instead will receive the total player count of the network.
    • iDreams is not owned by us and its status is still unknown however this is still in discussion with the leadership team here at AJGaming.
    • A new version of Lapitos is being developed by Nbgreen this will be hosted by AJGaming, however, full pack ownership rights will retain in Nbgreen's name until further notice.
    If you have any more questions about this please reply to this thread and I will be sure to answer them as fast as I can.

Our goal is to not destroy JAC Gaming and just forget about it - I am a player from over 2 years ago that played on the Wizard Academy server and I know what some of these servers mean to you all. I can promise you that we will not do anything big without asking all of you first! Things will need to be updated however systems changed around and there is going to be some hate behind this. There is little we can do to help this.

Like I said if you have any questions let me know.

Cheers,
    RoboJackPlays & The AJGaming Team

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bidoblob

Is there a date set for a reset of Wizard Academy? Or can you name an estimated time frame? I assume that the update will include a full reset. If not, I would like to know that.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  3. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

The update will include a full reset. And its actually today :)

4. Qzzrbl

Hello!

So I'm a transplant from JAC.

To my understanding, donator ranks were planned to be transferred from the iDreams Voltz server to the Ascension server once it was all set up and good to go, but it appears that never came to fruition.

Any news on that front moving forward?

::Edit::

Also, sidenote-- the old JACGaming website doesn't redirect to the AJGaming website. I remember reading somewhere that it should. Just giving you a heads up, it took a good bit of digging to find out what happened and it would be a shame to lose potential players because of it .

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  5. keagan312

Retired Staff

Um hi, I am a player from the Wizard Academy modpack and I am still unsure of what will become of my rank that I help there?

6. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

7. foxman67

Finally someone got rid of those higher ups, i was one of the senior admins of WA however me and my crew left because of complications with higher ups who didn't like where we wanted to take WA