Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote For Staff Members

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xX_Lord_Anbae_Xx, Nov 18, 2016.

?

Should Users Be Able To Vote On Staff Members?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Anbae

As I am not a current personality on the forums, recently it has come to attention that many users of Mega have become dissatisfied with either current or new upcoming staff. It was suggested tonight that Mega should vote for its new staff, like an election process. Seems some newer staffers are either out for ego, drama, or other reasons, other than properly moderating or helping Mega Users. Not to say they are all bad little skittles, just some aren't the best Mega deserves.

Let me know your thoughts below!
    -Lord Anbae

2. ObtuseMoose

The team usually decides if they have a good or bad history with the server and players, helping out, etc. If you want to report a staff, you can PM BlueFusion about the problem, not make a thread about voting for staff. :p

3. Drakonn

Then it's a popularity contest. Horrible idea TBH what they really need to do is have an active staff manager as this one seems horrible. Have an active owner as this one comes on once every 3-4 days for 5-10 minuets and just train there staff properly. Staff can only get away with this because they have no one above them who is active. If the manager actually was good at his/her job they would know they should be active on the forums in order to gather community feedback. I sent him/her a message a week ago about the staff hat has been in the spotlight of drama a lot with 14 screenshots each of which contained a separate incident of them breaking a rule and have heard nothing back so I sent the owner that same message 6 days ago heard nothing from him either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

"Staff Manager" I am not a Staff Manager mate. I just was given the tag. The staff still decide on who gets staff. If I had it my way, then it would be entirely different. Yes, we do need staff that gets trained. But unfortunately, Megacraft is not as professional as I or some others might want. Other than me being Staff Manager, I don't just join and do "Admin" things lmao. I created the Skyblock server. I would love to do more for Mega, but unfortunately again, I can't do it alone. I try speaking with as many players as possible. I would love to get the suggestions going that were on the page but I can't do it myself. I would need Blue.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. disjoin

No, what we need is for players like you who think they're above the law, who think they're able to be disrespectful and harass staff, to just stop. What we need is for you all to respect the staff members and stop misbehaving 24/7 just for the hell of it. What we need is for you to stop complaining and appreciate how hard staff try.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. PeachHalves

Retired Staff

Often I dont reply to these threads as Ive seen others have already replied, but I'd like to clear something up here.

Antony is an amazing admin who does more than he needs to.

He was given the tag Staff Manager because Blue and him often decide on staff together, otherwise he is a regular admin. Somethings I would like to point out is that Antony is not only active on forums but also in game, I have noticed a lot of the blame goes to him when bad things happen on Mega, such as a crash or the log in glitch. He often tries to help but since he doesnt have the necessary permissions and commands usually he cant do much.

Another thing I feel I should bring up is how difficult it is to find good staff, personally I will not lie and say I've got previous experience with staffing because I dont. It's even more difficult when people submit half filled in applications, so we spend a lot of time going through each application to make sure that the application is what we want or what we do not want. Therefore the choosing of staff would take longer and seem less time efficient, Antony is not to blame for this and neither is Blue.

To conclude this post I have to mention that Antony has helped Mega grow and develop a lot, I believe he deserves more recognition for this. He does a lot of work behind the scenes and his hard work and effort is not often recognized and applauded for.

Anyways, thanks for reading.
    Peach

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Being staff on here before I have to agree with peach. To players he may seem not a good staff or a staff that may not have done much but Antony has done so much for this server and he does tries his best for this community. He has made skyblock and prison for the community. However he is restricted with things he can help with from time to time so it can be hard for him to help any further.

But moving onto the topic of this thread. I think the idea is a good idea however there is bad sides to it. It's a good idea because this gives players a chance to show their opinion if they deserve staff and it would maybe cause less arguments.

However the only bad side I could possibly see to this is that some people would base on if they deserve staff is if they like that person or not. The current way staff judge if the person is right is by past experience, activity, attitude, if they help out. But people may not consider these things and just mainly consider if they like that person or not. It may be the case of this system or not it is just an overview of the possibility.

But overall I think it's a good idea cause it includes the community as a whole as it effects their experience mainly. This is just my own opinion on this but just need to see other staff opinions on this. :p

Thanks for reading. :D

8. mercqury

Retired Staff

All staff try their hardest and have more rights than an ordinary player, If complaining is your strength go ahead but remember staff are watching every move =P

9. Drakonn

Okay I'm sorry for not noticing something that isn't said anywhere (that the staff manager isn't actually a staff manager) but in all honestly you really do need someone to keep staff in check. I saw a builder swear openly twice and well emthebean if I listed everything I have seen you do in detail in would be a hole page. You say I should apreciate what you do and back off because you try your hardest but if you really try your hardest and want to improve how come when I who obviously has a lot more experience in being a professional staff member than you sent you a pm trying to give you feedback you basicly told me to shove off and that I was wrong. I honestly can not believe you actually think it's okay for YOU to break the servers rules but no one else.

I want to personally apologise to you as I was misinformed but if possible could we talk as I have some feedback I would like to provide on emthebean and I would like to talk to you about the current state of the staff team as I have some ideas to help improve it. What I meant with my remark was that as a manager of a server this large the staff team is VERY disorganised which it really shouldn't be. I have no rejudice towards your personally I nearly presumed because of your tag you would be the one in charge. I think what you have done for this server is amazing.

10. Drakonn

Disrespect and harras staff? How about disrespect and harras players seen you do that 3 times in my 4 hours of playtime. It honestly blows my mind that you still think your right.

11. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

Yep, Skyblock was an awesome server to make. It still has some issues though but hopefully we can get them fixed, we did have some time to make skyblock which is why I think players liked it to start off with as it was different to all the other times Mega had a skyblock server. There are a lot of things I would love to add into the skyblock server but in the end we all know what that leads to.

Prison, prison was just terrible to be 100% honest with you. Prison was not made how I envisioned it to begin with. At the start I was given as long as I liked to make a prison server but then I was given hardly and days to actually make it before the release of the advertisement slot that we had which in my opinion was a mistake. I would love prison to have things like, gangs, npcs, achievements, better free world and donator mines etc.

No need to apologise to me. Most people might see me the same way just being the 'Admin/Staff Manager' on the server as the main people on nearly all servers that are seen is the Owner. But yes, if you ever are having problems with a staff member, click on [Click Here] in my signature and then add blue and you can explain whatever you want with evidence and hopefully it will be dealt with.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I just want you to know u have no idea what your saying. This owner only gets on once every 10 - 11 days. Antony does so much, e.g he made the skyblock server. Guess what! The SB server actually gets people unlike what blue made, "Megacraft Games " Super fun waiting 1 hour for a game of craft royale right!?!?
    What im saying is Your new you dont know anything about the server quite yet. so u cant say anything, and btw staff manger is just a tag, Blue has to agree first with that person before promoting

P.S sorry if i typed anything wrong or repeated my self i just woke up

13. hbl

hbl

So, staff manager really is open?!

14. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

It isn't even a rank. It is just a tag. If I were a staff manager, then I would focus on making the staff team amazing. Enforcing REAL rules, training the staff properly and trying to higher the age that people can become staff. Yes, I have a say in the people who get staff, but so do most of the staff.

• Like Like x 2
  15. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I think it should be voted for, but not what you think. You see. People have bad histories and then they become promoted at some points. I think that players should vote for the person that has applied only to give the person a higher chance to actually gain a position. But the decision should be always from the owner, also put your reasoning why the person was denied

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

lol I'm not gonna respect you only because you're a staff member. For most people, you're gonna have to earn your way up to actually be respected.

• Winner Winner x 4
  17. hbl

hbl

She just wants power. That's all, Life. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. disjoin

T
    tbh hit me up with what you e apparently got on me lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.