Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Minecraft is Dying and why this server is going to die. (Other things to)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lifekiller43_, Jan 24, 2017.

1. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Okay before you say it, yes, i posted some stuff on my status updates, but seeing that doesn't really get attention or any views i guess i'll need to do this. Yes Retards, people my age crave attention, so don't point it out you degenerates. Anyways first off, Minecraft is dying because of people's logic, pedophiles, and also minecraft being a boring concept. This is also why megacraft hasn't had many people join the server (From what i know) and between this year and last year they have a huge average player joining gap. Seeing that the community can sometimes be very very weird. As in literally 16-17 year olds playing minecraft ACTIVELY. Now i really don't judge if you play in the weekends, but if you're literally gonna play every single day and live and breath minecraft. Then you have a huge problem. Other things are kind of connected to what i just said. People that are the age of 16 or 17 years old try to pick a fight with people that are at least 4 year younger then they are. Like seriously wtf. I've been targeted by weaboos (People who are obsessed with anime and fantasize over attack on titan and also have a Katana collection at home, or they put anime as their avatar on ts, you probably know who i'm talkin about and also sound like pedophiles while talking to 13 year old girls) I've also been targeted by retarded people that are also over the age of 16 years old. Let me just remind you that minecraft is for childhood gaming, which means that if you're at the age of 4-13 or 14 or maybe 15, then this game is for you and you can do whatever without the huge criticisms of being a "No life.", like i probably said, if you're just playing once a week or only playing in the weekends, you can do whatever, i don't care. But if you fall under the categories that i put out, then you have a huge problem. I remember making jokes about a certain topic and people started getting pissed off at me because i didn't take this retarded situation seriously. Guys, it's minecraft. All i have to say about that. Back to the other topic that i was just saying before the "Serious situation" if you're staff and you're not active at all and you fall under that categories of being 16 or 17, just don't play and don't be staff. Seeing that sometimes this community will literally flip their shit if they see that staff haven't been here for an hour, also you should lower the age limit on the application to 11 years old because no one really plays minecraft at the age of 16 and a lot of people don't play at the age 13 sometimes, but yeah that i was my semi-rant about minecraft in general and how the problems in this server co-relate to this server.

Btw if you're gonna say that i'm going through a phase, yes, i am going through a phase. It's called common sense.

2. hbl

hbl

You know, I agree with you.

However just because you might be right doesn't mean that you have to spread it. Like, come on. You've at least said this crap around 5 to 6 times. If you don't like this place, then leave. Saying this once is alright. Maybe a 2nd time if you didn't do it correctly, but you keep doing it. Even if you're correct politically, you don't have to keep trying to make everyone agree with you. Not to be rude or anything, but now you're turning into kind of an attention whore. Sorry.

Please stop this. Once again- if you want to leave, just leave. It's not that hard. I've done it before.
    - Kai

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. therealjojo

a bit after i joined the only people i knew that were 16 or + were jeq, blue, kad, jd and ellie. just saying that. and if you want to know why minecraft is slowly dying type in 1 single word in youtube: cringecon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. hbl

hbl

Ellie...

6. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

People have been calling for the death of Minecraft for almost three years now. Has it arrived? Uh, no. A better way to phrase this goes something like:
    Minecraft is dying for you
    The game I fell in love with was Minecraft Beta. It's not the same anymore. What began as a "hipster" game that deviated far from the mainstream has now become the most influential game of the century. With it came a fleet of younger kids.

MegaCraft has been adapting throughout the years to meet this new audience and will continue to do so for as long as feasible. So yeah, the old Minecraft is dying. The old MegaCraft is dying. That doesn't mean there won't be something new and exciting to take its place. Whether that new thing is for your or not is completely up to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I loved beta, but I would say it's dying because of the rate of people joining

8. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Three years ago minecraft was at its highest point because it was more of a basic concept. Right now there's a huge gap into people buying minecraft, at this point the company is doomed. If it wasn't for the 1.9 update, then people would still be playing.

9. therealjojo

wat

10. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Wat?

11. hbl

hbl

Company is doomed? Microsoft runs Minecraft, their the main company. Mojang makes the game. No one is doomed because of the amount of income they get. lolz. Also, the 1.9 didn't "ruin" anything. It's YOUR opinion that 1.9 isn't good. It's not a fact that it ruined the game. Also, people are still playing. Finally, Minecraft wasn't at it's highest point a few years ago, that's, once again, your opinion. It's doing well right now actually.

12. therealjojo

"dying because people are joining". explain please? lol

13. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

The rate of new players joining mc is decreasing by A LOT and people in general playing the game

14. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Calling Minecraft doomed may be the largest overstatement I've heard from you yet. It is far from doomed. In fact, I'd say it's thriving more now than ever.

Firstly, let me refer you to Mojang's own stats page: https://minecraft.net/en-us/stats/
    As of right now, Minecraft has been purchased for the PC 5,510 times in the last 24 hours! That isn't even including PE, console, or Win10 versions which are FAR more popular nowadays. Be honest with yourself, what kid doesn't have Minecraft PE on their phone or tablet?

Minecraft has grown far beyond it's original roots as a PC game. You may not like that fact, but it is a fact nonetheless. Also, I'm sorry to inform you but 1.9 has had zero impact on the popularity of the PC edition. Only a small fragment of the population plays PvP and were affected by the changes. Furthermore due to new backwards compatibility systems that are publicly available, servers can continue to run 1.8 as their backend and allow 1.8-1.11 players all to connect and play. All in all the recent updates have had little to no impact on the general population of Minecraft players.

It's easy to get wrapped up in our own perception of the game and trying to project that perception on the rest of the community. This however is a logical fallacy and is the root of many of the social issues of the current day.

Have a nice day ;)

Edit: In the time I wrote this post 24 more people have purchased the PC version of the game. Now those are some sales!

15. YaBoiFrooty

mom... dad... stop fighting please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zengakukatsu

16-17 year olds on a server aren't weird. Highschoolers ran minecraft back in the day, and made it big. They built the all the communities that kept people getting on servers daily. But they get older, don't have time, and communities get replaced with something different, not worse, just different. The game changes, servers change with it, but 16-17 year olds have always been a large part of that driving force to keep minecraft relevant. Some are weird, sure, I agree, but it hurts a little, seeing as I'm about to turn 20 lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. therealjojo

how is it decreasing if people are joining? i don't think it will die soon, but the community(in general, not megacraft's) is really weird. i don't like being called 12 because i like to play with digital cube legos.

18. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

Where is the stats that lots of people aren't playing, it means you look at all of the thousands and thousand servers online now a days compared to the about 1/4 that were around 3 years ago, let alone minecraft realms or private servers that didn't exist 3 years ago. So, as my point is that players are buying minecraft as Blue said how over the PC was purchased 5,510 times in the last 24 hour, but there are a lot more options and places for people to play then 3 years ago.

19. hbl

hbl

Lyfe, you can't make assumptions of a whole game just off of one aspect of it.

20. Acceqeted

Well I'm just banned sooooo :p