Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Staff Have Been Talking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 5730dogman, Feb 11, 2017.

?

What number should we add. Keep in mind you have 1 choice to choose carefully.

1. 1

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 4

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. 5

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 5730dogman

Retired Staff

Hi guys,
    Recently I was talking with Senpai and we were just listing off ideas that we'd like to pursue in order to the server's experience more enjoyable. Here are some things we'd like to accomplish in the next few months.
    1. Hire more staff. We know almost everyone on the server has an application almost a year old now. Blue decided that we should change up the staff application a bit to narrow down the crowd eligible for staff. This will also most likely be the first step out of all of these ideas because most of them involve more help.

2. Bring back Skyblock best-decorated island competition along with having the drop parties on a scheduled basis.

3. Possibly promote some staff that are already employed and make the server functional without the constant need for Blue.

4. Elaborate on the rules. Some staff and A LOT of players don't understand when a punishment is deserved or how the punishments are doled out. The rules as of right now with the ability to swear has made monitoring chat much harder for the staff. We will still have the ability to swear but we will elaborate on what counts as a swear and what is just going way too far. Expanding on this topic, some people have been extremely confused on what counts as an inappropriate build. We will also elaborate on this so people don't get severely angry when a punishment is given out.

5. The Build Standards. At this point, we can all say that the build standards suck and are very wishy-washy. We will try to make the most detailed list we can on how to get the ranks because most of the players who are Designer and below don't understand how much of a jump it is from Designer to Architect. Also for all those people who have been asking in chat "What should I build?" fear not! We will be making lots of examples of themes. We also ask if you have any ideas for themes or want to submit a theme example, we would be very appreciative. When we look for examples we expect a major element of terrain that elaborates on the ultimate feel of the build.

6. We will also make some tutorials and tips on making things that some people struggle with. Terrain, trees, etc.

7. Lastly, we hope to add some more maps to kitpvp and possibly change up prisons. And possibly, just maybe. We might add a survival/towny server.

Sincerely, Doggo

2. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Why can I choose only 1 point.
    1. More staff doesn't mean good/better staff
    2. Island comp? Count me in
    3. Ew Blue
    4. I still don't get why so many people want to swear. Sometimes it's better if you keep things in your mind.
    5. Sounds great, I don't like if players get experienced with an empty plot
    6. Terrain, trees and organics pls
    7. Part 1 meh, part 2 sounds interesting
    EDIT: Where is the creative buildcomp? Or is the bc gone?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. _Brokencrystal_

hard choice between 1, 3, 4 and 5 really, especially since I don't really know what state the server's in. completely agree with Fault on 1, don't just get new staff, get good ones that won't screw up the server more than some have done already.
    3 is an issue of permissions rather than ranks, I think, as apparently only blue can access the console. and the one helper/admin/retired something.
    4 has needed doing for months.
    5, I don't really build in singleplayer or my current server, but mega's most played being (I believe) creative, that does need working on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I wonder who thought of towns :333

5. 5730dogman

Retired Staff

Blue did

6. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

"blue did"

I logged on to teamspeak explaining how i loved towny, and how it would be a great idea.

next day

blue : So i have an idea.

FFS

7. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I really can't decide it's between 3,4,5 and 7.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

You guys should've just learned about the word, haven't anyone heard bout the word?

9. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

1. Not many people are gonna need to be hired, or they can't because of school and etc.

2. Skyblock is boring af

3. Last time I was on mega a lot of staff were abusive and sensitive.

4. One of the only rational ways to do anything. Actually elaborate on rules so the staff can get it through their heads on what is and isn't allowed.

5. Idc what happens here

6. Go ahead

7.Your choice

10. Chancer21

A lot of these should happen anyways, not just what wins the vote. Promote some staff AND hire more would make a lot more sense. Adding new maps, bringing back competitions? That should happen anyways, as long as there is a staff member who can run it properely.

11. 5730dogman

Retired Staff

Don't be complaining. This is to let you guys know that we are working to fix the server and bringing back to its original state so we can further expand. The poll is to see what you want us to work on first.

12. Chancer21

Not complaining. Clarifying, making a point, throwing in my own suggestion.