Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-spam and anti-swear filters are needed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SUPERxSNAP, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divine_Sophie

It's understandable that the player-base may not want such restrictions of freedom, however when the consequence of having said liberties is heavy spam and vulgar language whenever staff go offline, then it's a sacrifice that we're going to have to make.

upload_2017-5-4_0-45-29.png upload_2017-5-4_0-46-26.png upload_2017-5-4_0-45-35.png

I'm not entirely sure where the server stands in relation to its swearing rules since they used to change often. I am not proposing that we change these, since I'd rather be more educated on the server's rules before suggesting that they be augmented. What I am proposing however, is a plugin that will automatically censor or disallow swearing, and will prevent players from flooding the chat (i.e. chat cool-down for those with low play-times or no ranks).

The reason that this is such a big deal, is that firstly, it disrupts everybody on the server. We're all trying to build here, we don't want to see walls of spam consisting of curse words. Secondly, it alienates any newcomers who join during these periods of chaos. If I were to join a server for the first time, only to be greeted with such content as shown in the spoiler, then said server would be deleted from my list in seconds.

Also, while it may be good fun to attempt to provoke these trolls, it ultimately doesn't bother them since they're using a throw-away account. Hell, the account probably doesn't even belong to them.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to express your opinions below. You don't have to agree either - by all means, feel free to disagree if you like :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ender_blade

I think they should add a swear filter you can toggle

3. Divine_Sophie

That'll be a nice middle-ground :) I reckon it should be enabled by default though.

4. Tormentous

It definitely gets out of hand, and while I don't dislike swearing, some words need to just be banned outright as they can do nothing but harm. I also think we need a caps filter, but not one as strict as the old one (it made your whole message lowercase if there were 3 consecutive caps) Maybe more than like.. 7-10. Also with a toggle-able filter what levels of staff would be able to operate it, and what donor ranks (if any) would get any leniancy with it? And what would warrant it to be activated? Maybe we need a /censor command, which is like a weaker mute that has a strict caps filter and swear filter, for players who become a little overzealous or angry at others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Givenchy

Retired Staff

banning certain words does nothing, its been done before. there are an infinite amount of work-arounds people can do to spell that word, so it would be very hard to do

6. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

It has been suggested around 10 times to Blue. The only issue is him having the time to make the plugin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ender_blade

Theres already a plugin for it...

8. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

If it is already out there, send me the link. I have searched for a plugin that actually works. Most of them like to break when using words like "compass" because the word has "ass" in it, it would spell it as "comp***"

9. ender_blade

I don't remember what it was called but I saw one... Sorry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.