Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock Update Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItzAntony, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

Hey everyone!

As you know, we released a Skyblock server around 8 months ago. For the first 4-5 months the server was doing really well and was gaining a lot of attention from the community and from the sites that we advertised it on. The past few months the Skyblock server has started to go down in players and clearly the economy was broke immediately :D. I am creating this thread so that the community who actually play/played Skyblock can allow me to know what they want to be in the Skyblock Update.

[-] If someone has already posted the suggestion that you want, give them an agree/like. This will make it easier to see what players actually want rather than having to go through multiple of the same comments.

Thanks!

2. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

It's such a shame that no one has replied here yet, though my friend @Edrigedrig did make a suggestion here: https://mc-mega.com/forum/threads/new-skyblock-autosell-chests.5859/#post-33744

Anyway, my suggestion was that we have a server bank. When starting out in Skyblock it can be quite tedious and annoying to make money. Once someone has some money it becomes much easier to make more and more. If the server had a bank of sorts where people could take loans this may remove the tedious part. In order to stop people from defaulting on repaying their loans, the server should automatically keep taking money off the player until the loan has been repaid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SimplyFrog

You should be able to achieve items that were only purchasable with real money in missions, of course the amount of times you could complete the mission needs to be limited

4. Siigada

TokenEnchant

5. SebastiaanYN

SebastiaanYN Guest

An block that could automaticly turn ingots/nuggets into blocks.

No poppy drops when Iron Golems die, but add the flowers into the shop.
    They were annoying in the amount of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SebastiaanYN

SebastiaanYN Guest

I would also like to add some other suggestions.

First of all, having paper bank notes would be nice. This would make trading (like spawners) easier and reduse the amount of people getting scammed.

I would also love to see a multiplier for ranks, for instance: Elite or higher gets an 1.10x multiplier for selling items in the shop and MEGA would get an 1.25x multiplier. This would make ranks more attractive and adds some special features to it. The numbers could be changed but it would be very nice to see something along those lines.

7. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I don't really like the idea of donators having the ability to make money much easier than the non donators. I think donators having a cash reward every so often is sufficient.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SebastiaanYN

SebastiaanYN Guest

I agree :p

It would also be nice to be able to buy shulker boxes in the shop.
    Maybe even having the ability to put shulkerboxes into shulkerboxes. Only up to 1 layer or have it be a "super box" this would make it very easy to use the playervaults to store large quantities of blocks and always have them on you.

9. Divine_Sophie

From thread:

Hello, my name is God_Aphrodite, and I like writing essays :)

Maintain the integrity of challenges

Challenges, in the previous installment of Skyblock, could for the most part be purchased; there was no achievement behind them. For instance, the 'Shepherd' challenge, that sees players having to acquire sixteen of every type of wool, was devalued by the presence of dyes in the shop.

Similarly, many food items and mob drops devalued their respective challenges, such as the challenge requiring the player to acquire every food item, or the challenge that requires the player to fork over large quantities of monster drops.

Overall, my suggestion is to exclude all items that are required for the completion of challenges, from the shop. It devalues the accomplishment of completing them all, and makes the game too easy. It becomes a glorified version of Creative Mode if you allow players to purchase so many items.

Keep diamonds valuable
    Diamonds, in my opinion, should not be in the shop either. They should be accessible only via the Titan and Mega kits (In small quantities, say three and four respectively), challenges, and drop parties. This therefore incentivises players to partake in PvP, making it a high-risk, high-reward activity.

Ideas to counteract lag
    I think that the number of players available on one's island should be increased to eight. This way, players can be with even more friends at once! The island boundaries were incredibly generous last time around, so if you put more players on one island, there are going to be less islands in the world all together. This will hopefully reduce lag a little bit.

Also, I think the number of spawners that you can place down at one time should be capped, both for the sake of the economy, and to reduce lag. Previously, I alone had seventy-two pig spawners in a confined space, warranting me over $2m before I got bored with my ridiculous affluence and quit. I know other players had far more than me. Thus, whether players like it or not, staff really should limit the number of spawners that one can place at any given time, to maintain the integrity of the server.

Lastly, cap the number of chickens that a player can have on their island to a severe extent (Say, 12 or so). Far too often, do players create chicken farms amassing over a hundred chickens, simply because of how easy they are to get.

Money sinks
    Here are a few money sink ideas:

Lottery
    Increase the amount required to play the lottery, so that you can purchase only one ticket, and said ticket will set the player back $10,000 or so (Price may need to be altered depending on the state of the economy). What this increased price does, is it encourages players to partake. Who's going to buy a lottery ticket, when the pot only warrants them $6,200?

Likewise, the tax should also be increased, to 25%. This means that if say, $100,000 is in the pot, then the winner will receive $75,000; the remaining money will be removed from the game.

"Rare" items
    Once the economy begins to recede, introduce a few items to the store, that are incredibly expensive and possess greater attributes than one is able to legitimately craft. For instance, add a diamond axe with Efficiency VI, Unbreaking IV and Fortune III, the former two enchantments being a level higher than what can usually be made. Such an axe could cost, say, $2m.

Likewise, you could have cosmetic items of similar value. For instance, it could cost $10,000 for your own head, or $500,000 for a dragon head. Just little things that gradually remove money from the game.

The death tax
    In the previous installment of Skyblock, death was meaningless; you lost nothing. I propose keeping the system wherein your items are kept upon death, however charge players a small fraction of their total balance (Say, 10%) for every time they die. This will hurt the richer players more than it will the poor. For instance:

Dying with a balance of $100 will result in a subtraction of $10
    Dying with a balance of $100,000 will result in a subtraction of $10,000

This rule will apply regardless of the cause of death. In PvP, players will receive 50% of the subtracted balance of the user they just killed.

Again, this is something that players may dislike, but it'll ultimately benefit the server and help sustain its longevity.

Rank kits...
    Disable the /kit command for the first two weeks. We shouldn't see players acquiring full sets of enchanted armour on day one, and certainly not as much as $80,000 just for logging in, when on day one $5,000 could be considered "rich". Once again, probably unpopular. However, keep in mind that I'm Elite rank myself, and I know that the /kit command on day one will be very harmful, putting every non-ranked player at a gigantic disadvantage. Surely we want even ranked players to have to at least play the game for two weeks, before having it be played for them via donator benefits, right?

Charge regular players to pick up spawners
    This restriction always seemed counter-intuitive and unnecessary to me. If a player has acquired enough money to purchase a spawner, don't force them to destroy it just to remove it later on. Instead, remove $7,500 from the balance of any non-ranked players if they break it, and if they don't have the money, then simply don't allow them to break it. Because of this restriction, there were many players who would add ranked users to their islands to help them out. As you can imagine, many islands were griefed, and many spawners were stolen ;-;

Add the ocean biome
    I think the ocean biome should be accessible, perhaps after unlocking it by either training your Fishing skill, by purchasing it for a large fee ($250,000 or so?), or by reaching a certain island level milestone (750+?)

The ocean biome is neat, because firstly, no mobs spawn. No cows, no endermen, no skeletons, no God_Aphrodite's, nothing. It's great for when you just wanna chill =^-^=

Secondly, the Fishing skill has a perk, I believe 'Master Angler', which increases catch rates when in the ocean biome.

Sky essence uses
    Allow players to surround eight sky essence with a head (Can purchase your own via /shop for $10,000), to receive a random head from the head database (Found on Creative server via /hdb). This means that Sky essence will always be useful in some way, especially for builders. I for one would love to make a collection of player heads :)

Moreover, allow players to surround six sky essence with an emerald to receive a Villager spawn egg. These things are always so irritating to get, so here's a reasonably difficult alternative. If players simply dislike the stress required to get villagers, they can choose an easier yet longer alternative c:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. kailanchauhan

It's probably too late, but I'm just going to ask you to consider adding more of an incentive to focus on island aesthetics and functionality rather than levels and money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

How do you suggest we do this?

12. Divine_Sophie

Island beauty competitions sounds good. Those that are to the typical Artisan+ standard could have their islands moved, so that you can see said islands in the sky at spawn? That way, new and veteran players alike will be able to see the best islands that the server has to offer.

Their islands could also be copy/pasted by staff into a functioning PvP or minigame map, with credit being given to the original creator(s).

Lastly, competitions could be held every month or so, with the prize being something that is otherwise completely unobtainable. Such examples could include a parrot, a totem of undying, or modded leather armour pieces that flicker between all possible colours.

13. Divine_Sophie

Islands could be judged on merits of quality, functionality, and aesthetics, and be penalised if islands are too small, messy, or unappealing.

14. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

I mean, we already have island competitions. But, my issue is, the whole point in Skyblock is to expand using blocks like cobblestone. Meaning there are not going to be that many aesthetically pleasing islands to be placed at spawn without making the area look untidy.

15. Divine_Sophie

Give it a few months, and people will start to replace that cobblestone with fancier blocks c:

16. therealjojo

I would like it to be more centered on island progression and I wouldn't like it being all about making money. I am aware that money is needed for island progression. Not saying remove the money and shop system, I am saying that there should be less attention on those systems, and more attention(I repeat)on your island and it's progression.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

That is why I have fully customised the shop. I've made it so that you can only buy certain things for a higher price than the old server and you can only sell to certain places within the shop. People will have to work their money up and they will see that we have better challenges now so they can get money or items to work on their island.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. kailanchauhan

That's true. Last time tried to do this, but it took so long since I had built a lot of stuff. I have to admit that I love farming, although I prefer redstone or manual farming over spawners. I'll certainly be organising my island this time.

19. Zengakukatsu

I like the death tax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.