Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analysis of the MegaCraft staff team

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SalvageMusic, Aug 29, 2017.

1. SalvageMusic

Hello, Mega

I am most likely a complete random to all of this server, but I have spent my time in silence on Mega observing the behavior of the current staff team. This is my analysis of every single staff member in Mega, and my opinion as to whether or not I think they deserve staff and are good at their job. Feel free to disagree with me in the comments.

BlueFusion12 - Horribly inactive. The running excuse for his inactivity is that MC isn't his priority, which is perfectly fine as I am sure he is a busy guy, but I'm sure he has time to take an few hours out of his week to check on the server that is making him a lot of money with donations. I mean, busy or not, he isn't the President, I'm sure he could take some time out of a rainy Saturday to update to 1.12, fix skyblock, etc, if he really wanted to. But he doesn't. And that's an issue.

ItzAntony - The glue that holds MegaCraft together. I've never come across an Admin who works so hard for a server without any pay. He handles basically everything as the singular admin, and without him this server would not be what it is. His level of professionalism and care is unparalleled to any other member of the staff team on this server or any other server. #AntonyforOwne

YaLadDedd- More like YaLadWho?? I can't provide an analysis for this staff member because I've never seen them on before. But I do know one thing, a staff member that never comes on is a useless staff member. Has this person contributed to bans or mutes? Have they made any technical advancements to the server that I am unaware of? Did they do anything besides get their head added to /staff then fall off the face of the earth?? If not, they should be demoted. Plain and simple.

5730dogman- hmmm, dogman... Really nice person, would be super fun to play a game of tag with or go to the beach with... But as far as a Moderator on a top creative server, I just feel he lacks the level of professionalism and maturity that is expected from such a coveted title. But hey, at least he's active and friendly, and I can tell this server is tight on staff, so I
    d say keep him for now...

NotMyFault - Next to Antony, the best staff member this server has. He's on Discord all the time, helping players with any problems they're having. He is so active in chat and on the forums, he is extremely professional, conducts himself maturely and bans/unbans extremely fairly. With all the work he's done for this server and time he has devoted to it, Fault is my top and only pick for an Admin promotion. He loves and cares for this server,he is friendly and helpful, and it really shows.

Luci_MC - When she's on, she's great. She brings that feminine touch that boys just don't have and a server needs. She's friendly, laid back, and reasonable. I just wish she was more active, but I'll take it. A good Mod with a lot to offer.

Cabin - How this person got staff just boggles my mind. They're literally NEVER ON, and the only time I've ever seen them on, they literally logged on, said nothing, stayed on for like 25 min, then logged off. And in those 25 minutes users were asking for help, using caps excessively, etc. No warnings were given and no questions answered. Not only are they inactive, but they're utterly useless when they're on. I mean, any good server constantly regulates their staff members, promoting those who deserve promotions and demoting those who don't do their jobs. But for some reason, on this server, staff can just abandon the server and get away with it. CABIN NEEDS TO BE DEMOTED. WHO EVEN IS CABIN???

ProbablySid_ - Sid's saving grace is his activity on the forums and discord, because he is a bit slow in chat. Like, idk if he is busy building or something, but he doesn't really answer questions or do anything in a timely fashion. But he is on the forums a lot, and reminds me of a more behind the scenes type of dude, which is equally as important. He is mature and approachable, and answers private messages promptly. I'm nit-picking with Sid, he is a good Mod.

Givenchy- The complete opposite to Sid, this dude is trigger happy with the ban command. Like holy shit, I feel like banning/muting gives him a high or something. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, though I do feel that chill staff are typically the better liked staff. He can also be very immature and catty, sometimes he just can't control himself and goes on crazy rants and says things that no staff member should say. Despite his immaturity, he talks a lot in chat and helps people out. He shouldn't expect a promotion ever, but he is a good staff member who offers a lot in chat, whether it be normal conversations or helping other players, and he does ban people, though sometimes he can be a little too stern and a bit annoying to deal with.

Jakesaps- Another inactive randy. I mean, it's one thing to be inactive, and it's another to only log on once a month, and that once time they do log on they say/do nothing and then log off. That's jakesaps. He is quiet, anti-social, and never logs on. There are a lot of Mega staff that care about this server, so why should someone that doesn't have the same title as those who do. Demote. Demote. Demote. Demote.

SebastiaanYT- More of a skyblock guy. He is really friendly and really chill, but never logs on. But he doesn't log on because he doesn't play creative, so what do you expect? Great staff member, doesn't play the game-mode, so he's essentially useless until Skyblock comes out. Keep him for Skyblock, but if Skyblock never returns, he has no business being staff on a creative server.

Edridgedrig - Same exact analysis as Sebastiaan.

Buffers - The newest addition to the staff team. So far, he has proven himself to be very friendly and very professional. Buffers speaks very eloquently, is constantly asking if people need help both on the server and on Discord, and mutes/bans players when they need to be muted/banned and is very fair about it. He understands people make mistakes but he also understands that people need to be penalized for their actions; he is fair yet stern. He is also very active, which is a plus. Buffers is one of the most mature and helpful staff members Mega has.

Here is a list of the staff team in order from best to worst.

BlueFusion12 (Only because without him none of this would exist)
    ItzAntony (best)
    NotMyFault
    Givenchy
    Buffers
    ProbablySid_
    Luci_MC
    5730dogman
    (anyone below this point should be considered for demotion)
    YaLadDedd
    Jakesaps
    SebastiaanYT
    Edridgedrig
    Cabin (worst)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Balm for my soul, I like the text you wrote down :)

~Fault

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Buffers

Retired Staff

Well this made me feel happy! You surely have some good insights, Salvage :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. _Brokencrystal_

I completely agree with all of this, despite my own inactivity on here (lol).

I see that we can check this here. http://play.mc-mega.com/bans/index.php
    All warnings seem to be by Buffers and Givvy for the first page. Then Fault and Sid also for the next few, with just one from Dogman.
    http://play.mc-mega.com/bans/index.php?p=kick
    Kicks, still nothing from Dedd. Most of those are fairly old, anyways. (Uhmm, i-is that Luci kicking an ... alt named a ship name for her and Shara...? ... N-never mind.)
    Bans and mutes, I still see no recent activity from Dedd. There was one from Jakesaps, but the reason was "ur bad" ._.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Normally we don't kick players @_Brokencrystal_ and activity means more than logging on the server and muting/banning players l0l.

~Fault

6. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I must admit, I've never really noticed you and I'm scratching my head wondering how you were able to deduce how each staff member is like so quietly. I appreciate the kind words you've given me and to an extent I agree with you about the fact that I'm slow in chat. For people asking me questions etc, this is not excusable and is something I need to work on. However, often for warns, mutes and bans, I like to give a rather lengthy reason as to why they were punished, for example "Watch the caps please (no more than 9 caps allowed at once)" rather than just "caps".
    It's always nice for some constructive criticism as that helps people grow, so thank you.

Also, I do often build random stuff and get carried away. Sorry! xD

7. SalvageMusic

Fault.

I must disagree with you. You, Givenchy, Buffers, and Sid are by far the most active staff. And take a look at the mute/ban index - who has done the most muting/banning? Mainly Buffers, you, and Giv, with Sid joining in occasionally. Trust me, that isn't a coincidence. The staff that are the most active are the ones that take up the mute/ban index because they're actually doing their jobs. These other people don't do their jobs on the rare times they log on which is why they haven't muted or banned anyone.

8. SalvageMusic

I'm happy that you appreciated the constructive criticism. For the most part, you are a very good mod in my opinion!!!

9. SalvageMusic

@ItzAntony are all the inactives gonna continue to be staff or is anything going to get done about it do you think?

10. Nephis_Wolfe

Alright, I agree with you on some points, mainly givenchy, who can be a little trigger happy, but, a necessity to the server. Givenchy is a good guy under the hellfire shelter, and offers good criticism when it comes to builds. He also listens to people. But on the other hand, you kinda shit on the staffs hard work. At least it was in a polite way... one thing, you have earned the honerary nickname, "Health and safety inspector" you should be a staff member. You tend to analyze very well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I'm proof that givenchy is trigger happy with the ban and mute command. LOL. But since I don't play minecraft anymore I don't really care what happens to him or mega. Good thread though (you're probably the only person that could actually format a thread correctly lol)

12. Nephis_Wolfe

Pls make this guy part of the staff.

13. Givenchy

Retired Staff

do you really believe that you do not deserve perm mutes on two separate accounts?

14. _Brokencrystal_

hey, let's perhaps not bring that into this discussion xD maybe talk somewhere else more private. :?

nah, just because they have made a good analysis thread, it doesn't mean they are immediately worthy of staff. not saying that they should be denied if they were to apply, but they stated that they've spent their time watching and generally being quiet, where activity in chat/helping peoples is definitely a big factor in getting staff, it'd be so an all decent servers, I'd think.