Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updates and Merge

Discussion in 'AJGaming News' started by JackCosens, Sep 21, 2017.

1. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

Hey!

Welcome to the new AJGaming Website and server.
    This is the final thread that will be written explaining exactly what will be happening and when in regards to the AJGaming and MC-Mega merge.
    Note: Everything that is stated in this thread is in regards to the MEGACRAFT server. The modded AJGaming network will not be affected by anything in this merge.

What will be lost?
    - During this merge all old and non backed up data will be lost. We will be taking multiple backups of the old server however there will not be a public running version of this.
    - Skyblock pets and singular perks. Anything that was purchased off and for Skyblock before it was shut down will be lost. We will be releasing our own version in the near future however the quanitity of the donations in history is too much for is to keep track of these figures too.
    - Playtime Data. All playtime and join date data will not be publicly avalible either. We will be introducing our own Statistics tracking system to work with our custom Bungee setup. However the data for this will be saved if you wish to know it in the future.
    - Homes and warps. All homes and warps will be reset when we transfer over to the new server. This is for several reasons; main being that most of these warps are 2-3 years old and the owners are not active anymore. We are trying to clean up the server as much as possible before transferring over unnessesary data to our machine.

What will be saved?
    - All plots saved with the plot save plugin (/plotsave save (name)) can be restored when on the new server by using the /plot load (name) command. However there are a few more things that you all need to know about this plugin due to some height issues between the world so I will create a separate thread closer to the time explaining that.
    - All user ranks. Your build and donator ranks will be saved. We are going to be converting them over to our new system. This allows us to edit groups more fluently without there being as many issues.
    - Spawn and plots based around it. We have already pasted in the spawn and we are using the same builds to what MegaCraft once did. These will be here on a semi permanent basis until someone can come and remodel/remake them to a higher standard!

IMPORTANT: The plugin we are using to save plots does not support merged plots. If you have a merged plot that you want saving then please message me ONCE on discord with your Username and Plot ID. I get lots of messages everyday so me not replying to you doesn't mean you have been ignored. If you message me you will be put on the list of plots to manually transfer over on Saturday 30th September.

So you own MegaCraft now?
    Yes... Myself and ItzAntony share an equal part in the MegaCraft ownership. BlueFusion12 formally known as Aipa is no longer Owner of the server and will no longer do or have the ability to do Owner level permissions once we get over to the new server.

I do want to put a few words out there as a follow up to Blue's thread from a few days ago.
    MegaCraft isn't just a server, its a community. Blue wasn't interested in the upkeep of MegaCraft anymore it was just seen as a hobby, a playground to code on. Instead of shutting it down or letting it die he allowed us to purchase Mega so myself and Antony can work and send out updates that you have all been requesting for years on end.

Blue will always be part of this community regardless of his rank. He is busy with life as of now but I am sure over time he will start to pop his head into the server and general discord channels a little more often. I have been part of this community for just under 3 years now and I have known and spoken to Blue for just under 2 of those years. I can assure you that it wasn't an easy decision to make. He is still passionate about the server and he still cares about us all however he does not have the time accessible to update and maintain MegaCraft at the rate everyone desires right now.

I do thank Blue greatly for creating this community and building it up from the start. MegaCraft will not be going anywhere BUT it will change over time. Hopefully this change will be for the better!

Kind Regards,
    Jack.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. dragenor

Retired Staff

Sounds good Jack mate. One question though. Will every plot will carry over or will it just be plots with the command /plot save (name). If it is just the ones with /plot save (name) how long do we have before the plots without that command dispensary?

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. 5730dogman

Retired Staff

When will be the final day that players can transfer plots from the old world to the new world?

4. JackCosens

We will do a transfer on Saturday 30th as that is when we will be opening the server however the original MegaCraft network does not officially close till early morning October 1st.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gmaine

When will the creative server be open and fully transferred to play on AJ?

6. JackCosens

The server will be released Saturday 30th and people will be allowed to transfer plots however the Mega server will not close and redirect to our network till the following day.

7. gmaine

Ah thank you my sir.

8. gmaine

Oh another question, not trying to spam the chat, do the plots need to be saved under your username or a different name each time. (ex- GmanBuilds1, etc)

9. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Haven't played in a long time but...

Great forums setup, looks amazing! Ideas seem solid, just one thing. Perhaps possibly, you could do a command such as /plot save list, thats allows users who had saved plots to view there valid saves in order of saving. Just so they dont forget to not load a plot!

Also will the ranks be transfered to Ajgaming such as Elite or any other Mega rank?

Thanks!

10. LinkFelton

Retired Staff

To answer the rank question, yes. All donator ranks will transfer.

11. JackCosens

You can name your plots whatever you want as long as each plot has unique name. Each plot created can only be loaded in by the person who created it.

12. JackCosens

It states most of this in the thread. Donator ranks will be transferred over as well as build ranks too. We already have the command you suggested implemented into the plugin you can use /plotsave list to view all saved plots in the system however the load and repaste system is disabled until we get onto the new server.