Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CREATIVE - New BuildCompetition Format

Discussion in 'AJGaming News' started by NotMyFault, May 30, 2019.

1. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Hello fellow players,
    like many of you know, there is a monthly build competition running for several years now, almost since 2015.
    It used to work like a theme was set in place and you had time to build something on a 71x71 plot. Therefore you had one month and after that the plots were given a review. But before I will explain details about further changes, lets reward the winners for the previous comp first:

-----------------------------------------------------

1st Place: CloakedMenace
    2nd Place: Riddeh
    3rd Place: CJM_Takewondo

Winners will be contacted via a private message on the Forums to claim their prizes.

April's and May's theme was The Wild West

Winner plots can be viewed by typing /bcwinner

-----------------------------------------------------

Alright, so lets talk about some changes. I do not want to remove the buildcomp, just change it.
    First, the duration of the competition will change. Running a competition for a month results in 400 - 700 claimed plots where 250 - 470 plots are build with the given topic, accordingly to the stats of the past months.
    Reviewing, decreasing the winner radius working up to a final selection of three players, takes between 6 and 8 hours and is far from being fun after 3 years.
    The "old" competition showcase world on /bcwinner will persist, however a new showcase system described below will take in place.

Therefore the build competition is going to change within June and the following months, we will notify you once it's back again. It will more turn into an "event" where the duration and prizes will vary. A competition can now take up to two weeks or just stick around for a weekend, tools can be supplied you maybe do not have access to yet and other interesting things.
    The competitions will be announced timely so you are aware of them and take place from time to time, but at least once per month, the topics will be released shortly before they start.
    The prizes will be adjusted and vary with the comp and the top three winners get a render of their plot (the past competition winner #1 already has one o.o)

Cheers,
    NotMyFault

• Like Like x 2
  2. Revoh

Retired Staff

Sounds better to me! I'd like to see this in practice ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. H00KS_

4. fore