Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HFConor, Mar 20, 2015.

1. CrazyConzieYT

I was playing on my PC then AVG (Anti-virus scanner) popped up and gave me a warning, I clicked "Protect me" then half of my apps were deleted inculding Minecraft, TeamSpeak, AVG and FSX (Flight simulator X)
    Can somebody please tell me what the HELL hapenned and how can i fix this for the future. This is the worst nightmare I've ever had in my life.
    All comments below WILL BE FOLLOWED

2. Mas281

You probably got a bad virus on your pc. If you have made a backup of your pc (which I highly recommend doing if you don't already) then use that to get your data and stuff back.

I'm not an expert, so @BlueFusion12

3. CrazyConzieYT

Every file of each game is gone, no data of it left looked through the whole PC with a scan, download stuff back should be back to normal later :)
    If anybody else has the soloution leave in a comment below of how and why i got the virus. Thank you.

4. CrazyConzieYT

But wtf the anti-virus deleted the anti-virus

5. Mas281

You either downloaded some dodgy software or a dogy anti-virus. Make sure to be careful and always do a bit of research on things that you want to download to make sure they are legit :)

6. CrazyConzieYT

The one i downloaded was AVG
    I remember downloading something on the exact time with the anti-virus came up, so what i was downloading wasent good

7. ObtuseMoose

Go on the second floor of your house, bring your computer with you and let it drop to the ground. eZ.

8. ironicmemexd

Like mas said, you probably downloaded something with corrupted files with a virus installed with it. This is an odd situation :confused:

9. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Assuming that the AVG was legit, and wasn't a virus (that's a stretch, because it was probably just a virus or malware) , your anti-virus/AVG could have been outdated, and when it is outdated, its pretty easy to have bad things happen. the outdated version could "pick up" threats in a lot of stuff that may not be there etc. Just my guess, not 100% sure because i'd need more information

10. MaJerati

From what you given everyone to analyze, it would seem as though maybe one of the downloads that you got were simply bad. That or as what The_Kadrek stated "your anti-virus/AVG could have been outdated" a lot of new things are made with different types of data and code and with something older, it won't recognize it as a "safe file" and will most likely alert you to do a scan and fix. So perhaps update that AVG of yours and next time you get an alert for some kind of unsafe file, look into it and see if it is something that you personally added in THAT YOU KNOW OF is ok to keep because a scan and fix just might take more than what it's stating. Hope this helped a bit and sorry to hear about your issue.

11. CrazyConzieYT

For your information AVG deleted EVERYTHING I downloaded off the internet.

12. CrazyConzieYT

I dont have a computer.... I have a laptop xD

13. CrazyConzieYT

My AVG updates nearly EVERY single day.

14. MaJerati

Then it's most likely that your firewall or AVG is set pretty high in security. Now I'm not saying lower it because that is a bad idea but if I had to guess, there is most likely a manual/advanced way to disable certain properties that are detecting these threats. Once again though, I haven't used AVG and I myself can't say that I know how to do so.

15. CrazyConzieYT

Don't post something here unless your telling me something inportant.

16. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

Okay, so if you are desperate for all your files back you will need to do a system restore (or its called something like that). Basically at a certain point you can make your PC backup all the files you have at a current point and then if you lose your files you can reset your PC back to that date. The files from that date and before should be on your PC however anything you downloaded after that date won't be there. If you didn't set a system restore date point before you lost all your files then this method won't work. There is still another method but it is quite hard so I will try to explain it as best as I can but I would talk to a professional or your parents or something. So basically when you "permanently" delete a file it does not actually delete the file fully. Instead, it is stored in a location in the hard drive which can only be accessed through certain software. This software basically does a hard drive search and can recover files. Before you do all of this I would suggest you talk to your parents about a full Anti-Virus suite and quarantine your viruses.. This is beneficial to keep your PC safe. I recommend Kaspersky but you/your parents should do some research. Don't try to attempt these methods on your own because they are quite complex. Don't take my entire explanation and follow it. Just use it as an outline. I would suggest you and a parent look these methods up and follow their instructions. I hope this helped. :)

Do some checks before you download something, and check website reviews. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. ironicmemexd

That was a super helpful explanation Sid :D Conor will surely get his files back now that he knows that.

(Btw tldr)

18. CrazyConzieYT

Sid, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Just a little thing, my dad makes laptops :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  19. CrazyConzieYT

Everybody who commented on this thread
    (not ObtuseMoose) I thank you
    very much. Have a nice day :D!

• Friendly Friendly x 2