Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Anti-Caps Policy

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by PCOffline, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCOffline

Hello, I've joined this server 2 days ago and one of the first things I've noticed except for the awesome Skyblock idea and the super impressive creative spawn is the super strict caps lock punishment.
    I am playing many games and using many chat platforms on a daily basis for more than 5 years, and there were only two times I've encountered any reference to caps lock in the rules, once in Mineplex where it automatically reduces the number of capital letters, and this server where you get muted by actually counting the capital letters in a sentence! How ridiculous does that sound? For me, it does, on many levels.

Capital letters are one of the most basic elements of the English language and many more languages, in School all around the world the use of capital letters is being taught - for names, titles and rhetorical methods.
    To give the reader the feeling of rage, excitement or to bold a word or a whole expression.

When I've been muted for typing one single word in capital letters - and that after getting muted several times in this server for this ridiculous reason, therefore I typed "sry caps" just after the message - I was immediately warned for 14 days and was then muted for being warned too many times, where the other warnings were on same things or for typing
    basically beginning each word with a capital letter.
    is the most organized reason they could've come up with.

My point is that I play every day between 1 to 5 different games and meet up with over 100 unique players and people, none of them has ever complained of caps lock except for the admins in this server.
    You think it is annoying and can flood the chat? Well, I say no! Capital letters are here for rhetorical methods! They are here for grammar! And they are here not for some admins with no plain examples to tell me it's flooding the chat! I encounter people using it in many different ways, I cannot recall even once when it was used to flood the chat, annoy, spam or seek attention!

I am here to tell and suggest the administration here to stop being so strict about caps lock! I cannot get used to disabling that button completely - and I've already seen someone do it - just because some baseless opinions told me it's bad. Prove me, show me examples where capital letters are the ones to get the roles of flooding the chat, seeking attention and annoyance, show me it's them and not the repetitive quick messages, show me it is often enough to be banned so strictly that each person should count their capital letters!

And you will probably reply to this message with opinions I've already proved baseless unless you show me examples that apply to the conditions above, and I will not sit quietly frightened of even using capital letters, and will not let anyone do that!

Attached is the log file with my argument with two administators. Search for "caps, capital, annoying, warn, mute" to find relevant information, although you could analyze it fully if you'd prefer that.

Attached Files:

2. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Saying sorry after breaking a rule doesn't make it ok.
    Also, on this network our Admins have the domiciliary rights and can tell you what to do and what not to do. You can follow their word or simply ignore them and lead up in getting muted.
    It's ok if you disagree with our rules, but then please make sure not to break them, otherwise you can get in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.