Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autopick-up

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by ndsteam, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndsteam

Retired Staff

I think that auto-pickup should be a thing that all players have access to. I know the reason why only donators should have access to it since you get a godpick when donating, therefore you need auto-pickup to get the blocks without letting other players 'steal' then. But, there have been cases that non-donators bought these godpicks with their in-game balance or even without paying for them to get them. As a result, some non-donators can also mine really fast, but without the auto-pickup function. I see two advantages of giving access for the function to all players. 1. It saves time Elaboration : When people with high latency mine with a godpick, they using left some blocks behind due to the server not being able to register fast enough for those high ping players. By giving access to all players, I believe that it can help players with high ping a lot since they don't have to go back and pick up their blocks. 2. It prevents more lag Elaboration : We all know that the server has a clearlag function, which basically clears blocks thrown on the floor. But for high ping players with a god pick, they might cause lag to the server due to the fact how fast they can mine but not being able to pick up all the blocks. If this function is given access to all players across the server, I'm certain that it can further prevent lag. Thanks for reading through my suggestion!

2. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

If you give all options to all players then players don't donate. If they don't have donors the servers can't afford to run and shuts down. As for lag there isn't any so not really a point.

3. ndsteam

Retired Staff

Well I mean auto-pickup isn't the only command you can use for donor, there's a lot more commands other than this and I don't see why removing one of them would make no one donate. Besides, prison is just part of AJ, which only supports a tiny amount of players compared to other servers such as Survival and Creative, removing a donor command from just one specific server does not have a major impact on the whole AJ budget.

4. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Indeed, thanks for pointing me out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.