Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because this is needed for me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maya_, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya_

Retired Staff

Hey guys!

I understand that lately I've definitely not been a good staff, especially not on Skyblock. If you think I'm fine the way I am, I'd like to thank you.

I'd like to apolgise to those of you who think I'm being too harsh, or anything along those lines.

So, I'd like to hear your suggestions on what I should do as a staff to be considered, in your definitions, a "good staff."
    Again, if you think I'm fine, thank you. However, this is more directed towards those who think I could do some work to improve myself.

Thanks!

- Maya.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Hey,
    I'd like to say that it didn't have to take so many other people to tell you this,(Which is the reason why you put this apology) But i would say That improving as a staff member would be a good idea since a lot of people were having a lot of problems with you, i made a player report on you in player reports, i don't really know if you really did this so you couldn't be demoted or you truly did this, i couldn't make my mind so i decided to disagree it because i was sticking with my own instincts. I wouldn't suck up to anybody unless i truly see someones apology as a personal apology. When you said "If you think im doing good i'd like to thank you" Those are the people making you worse, they're making you worse because they think that you're doing good, when a lot others think otherwise therefore could've resulted you in getting demoted, since you put this apology im glad you made it public and just remember to help other players out more.

No Hard Feeling Maya <3

-Lifekiller43

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Hey life, Atleast shes freaking said sorry.

This goes to all of you.

You dont know how difficult staff is, just imagine having to mute your friend, but you dont want to its hard.
    And shes human Humans make mistakes and we learn from our mistakes. And i think you targeting her is a mistake
    how about you back off, or kindly tell here what she did wrong. You dont need to freaking attack her with swearing,insults, and criticism.
    My point is
    Shes humans
    humans make mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Actually many staff members have told me how "Difficult" being staff is, you don't understand it kid, i don't even know why you're defending her, clearly everyone wants her demoted, she's done nothing really productive on this server except rightfully muting 1 or 2 people. Most of my apologies would always be BEFORE everyone starts telling me what i've done. This isn't the first time she's been messing up, she's been messing up again and again and again and again, like kad said, i could go on with her for 21 hours of how she's not productive to the community, Secondly, anyone can take criticism whether you're staff or not, being staff isn't a ticket out for criticism rye, you have to understand that. Third, when you said she's human, yes she's human, we're all human, just because you're human doesn't mean you don't make mistakes, yes i can clearly see that, but literally messing up the community and also punishing others who simply criticize her is a mistake, but she did this many times, so therefore the first time she punished someone for criticizing her was a mistake, the second third fourth fifth six seventh eighth ninth tenth eleventh and so on are just choices she made. I've said this many times and ill say this again, if you make one thing you didn't mean to, it's a mistake, if you did it once more, it's a choice you made. And this isn't the first time she's been scolded at for her not doing a good job. Rye, you should understand that and you should also stop falling in the victim card of her's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Making same kind of mistakes continuesly and getting called out for them should make you realize what you're doing wrong. Kad explained it pretty perfectly, what you're doing wrong, on the other thread so why not and just read it there. This thread means nothing, you're just trying to run away from the problems again and do it as easily as possible.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Samiiii

Retired Staff

I really don't know how many times it has to be explained. Like Jeqqe said Kad already told you everything in his thread and this is just full on pointless.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Golurk_

I never really had a problem with you, I always thought of you more of a friend than a staff. I'm either clueless or don't see you on much, But I haven't seen you do anything that bad. Maybe being a slight bit more strict, warning more, that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Truthfully I have to be honest; I have to agree with Jeqqe, Sami and Life. Yes humans make mistakes but making them constantly isn't right and I think doing it before would of changed things and you wouldn't be hated at so much to this very day. Don't leave behind what can be done today as you never know what the future will gift to us; this means that in the past you should of done this than left it as this meant this problem would be possibly solved. You need to learn how to learn from your mistakes and adapt for the future. If you don't learn from the mistakes then you won't progress as staff. However I must admit I have made constant mistakes in the past so; but I do try to not make the same mistake again and I think it as a teaching of what not to do and I keep that in my mind forever. That is my views but to help even further I think how you can progress as a staff member is to try not to make many mistakes and try not to overreact so much or take things so seriously. Also not to be afraid of muting your friends or the people you dislike as this gives you a bad reputation of a staff member and try not to get other staff to do your job for you and mute the people as you are meant to and not to be afraid of making mistakes and learn from them as I already stated like a million times but still. Like I said before these are my views and opinions and if anyone go against I have all my due respect for their argument back to this statement as this is my own opinion and it will be their own opinion. Thanks for reading. :p

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Your saying sorry to the community but in my opinion it just seems like a way for you to get out of this situation which you honestly should not. If you were actually sorry you would resign as a staff member.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I AGREE WITH YOU SEXY BRAZILIAN FRIEND. Anyways Maya this isn't me just having problems with you, as you can see I'm not the only one who thinks you made this apology for other to feel bad for you.
    Rye, please do not post in other stuff like this thread here in the future, you don't know what you're saying, you clearly couldn't see that she was baiting you off so u could feel bad for her.

11. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Life I am done with you and other stupid people on this server continuously making fun of me, and saying i cant do stuff. How about you worry about yourself? I can do what i want, i dont have to listen to you anymore, like yesturday how you started conflict with me about "Oh if it wasnt for that mvp gear you would of been dead" then i responded "No i am just good ._." then he kept on going and it really god damn annoying. I really want you to stop, I know the internet isnt a Beautiful flower garden, you are gonna run into mean, and stupid people like you. So how bout you back off me for a while ok?

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

This whole post was hypocritical, you say to worry about myself, but then follow up with the statement before saying that she was sorry... Please don't ever post on a thread, Proof read your posts and if they're somewhat reasonable, hit send.

13. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Maya, I already explained some of the things I find problematic with you in terms of being staff. If you're having trouble understanding or reading what I said, I'll try and make it as clear and concise as I can here:

• You need to just think about the stuff you see in chat as if the person who said it had no name.
      • This means that you don't have bias towards one person or another. If mattman and xxSniperGirlxx both said the same thing, they should receive the same punishment or no punishment. You give out harsher punishments more quickly to those you dislike
    • Treat the server chat more like a staff member, and less like a twitter page
      • I'll be honest with you, only about 3 people actually care that you and your friend are going to get sushi in an hour. And no we don't even care that the 1 boy isn't texting you back. When you overshare about things that aren't related to the game, it annoys people, and it also starts to make you a target for ridicule. If you want to talk to someone about your day or what's going on, get on teamspeak, or get on twitter for that matter. But the server chat isn't the place to randomly give us updates. (Note that I'm not saying you never are allowed to talk about something related to IRL, but there is a something called context and being relevant to the conversation). For example: "Hey guys I'm going to a party later hehe :^)" versus "Hey guys I won't be on until 12 tonight, see you then". Because lets face it, no one cares you're going to a party. Just saying
    • You need to grow thicker skin. You say that people who harass you don't bother you, but you basically let out your anger on those people through the server. You muted Jeqqe yesterday and I know you guys haven't been getting along. I'm just saying, being a staff member requires a lot of mental strength to not let people get to you, and to treat everyone fairly and equally even if you hate them. This means if someone keeps mentioning a certain picture or two in minecraft chat, don't respond. It's that easy. If you don't respond, they can't keep the conversation going. And if it really bothers you, get off. Even if there are no staff online, I'm sure Blue would rather you just log off than start an argument or issue in chat.
    • Just remember, Less is more. Make what you say less, and when you do speak, it means something. Make sure to really read and understand what others say to you. I have seen you take a well written and long paragraph that someone has said to you on my thread and you replied with something that wasn't even mentioned at all and was completely irrelevant. This just shows that you aren't really paying attention to what others are saying to you, you are only taking what you think is the issue and fixating on that. You'll never grow as a person or as a staff member without listening to others and giving what they say a chance.

Either way Maya, I'm not going to scream at blue or anyone to demote you. That's up to them and I gave up that say a few months ago. All I am trying to do, is show you what I did that got me to be an owner once upon a time. I know you love talking and love sharing what you find interesting about your day to others, and there's nothing wrong with that, but just keep it to teamspeak. That's just my suggestion, ultimately you don't have to listen to me and you probably wont. (Sorry its just, we've had conversations about this exact stuff probably 200 times now and we haven't changed a bit). Good luck Maya, maybe you'll see the light this time, maybe nothing will change. That's up to you.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.