Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Specific Staff on Creative

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Gmvn, May 13, 2018.

?

Is this new role a good idea?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmaine

Hello! Here is me and SH0RKS suggestion for a new creative specific staff role. Our suggestion is that there should be some staff ranks for creative that are specific to creative.

These staff wouldn't moderate chat or enforce any rules officially, but rather focus on the building oriented aspects of the staff team's jobs.

Some of the ideal responsibilities for this staff role are:
    • Reviewal of player submitted plots
    • Host and review the monthly build competitions Debatable Idea
    • Help players with WorldEdit and Voxel
    • Help new builders learn more about building and building techniques
    • Familiarize builders with more plugins on the server
    Obviously because of these responsibilities the staff member would need a minimum building rank.

Positives:
    This will give staff members more ease of management for managing the players individual needs and the servers needs as well. It can give these staff a break from trying to handle everything.
    Builders and players will be able to learn more skills with other skilled builders reviewing their plots and helping them with building advice, etc.

For more information on these ideas, you can contact me or SH0RKS on discord.
    gman#2802
    SH0RKS#8789

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ommo

Retired Staff

'Host and review the monthly build competitions'
    Whilst it sounds cool I feel like that could put a lot of pressure on the people with the rank, which is why Managers/Directors do it, because there's few of them, and they can easily decide on a topic without lots of different opinions on a theme that they don't like and easily come up with another one if everyone disagrees on it, without it becoming an endless loop until they find a topic everyone will like. Maybe if there were multiple builder-specific staff ranks then maybe it could work.

3. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Reviewing plots and hosting the buildcomp are sovereign functions and belongs to staff.
    Especially the buildcomp; the rewards are $100 worth per month, makes $1200 per year. That's why I am hosting the buildcomp, we can't give out tasks like that to the players.
    Helping with build commands and new players is something that everyone can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.