Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Recognition

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tiork, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Tiork

Good morning/afternoon/evening, MegaCraft/Staff/Participants of the server,

I would like to make a suggestion about easy recognition. Chat gets full of messages sometimes, and then when you try to get someone else's attention vice versa, it gets lost into chat.
    Yes, I know that you can just message them privately, but that takes longer than just saying the message normally into chat.
    So my idea is that when your name is said in chat, it should be a different colour, and it should only change colour specifically for you.

This should really be on all servers, all though this is kind of directed at MegaCreative.

This would help people easily find someone who is trying to get their attention, vice versa. This also would be quicker than typing something privately to them, since you may want to get multiple peoples' attention.

You can use a specific usage of commands saying that:

Whenever your name is said, highlight in chat.

This is used by some other servers, so yes, you do not get that taste of originality, but it just improves the atmosphere, though not a unique suggestion!

Thank y'all for hearing me out.
    Be sure to reply!
    Tiork :D

2. kailanchauhan

There is already a feature like this. If you want to get someone's attention I game, type '@' followed by the person's name. Example "@Tiork" or "@ Tiork" with a space works I believe. It will say "Tag sent!" in chat and the person receiveing it will hear a /ping/ sound.
    Anyway, thanks for suggesting. Have a nice day/night :)

• Agree Agree x 2