Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factions Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hbl, Jan 4, 2016.

1. hbl

hbl

Hey! It's me SaNEi, and today I'd like to bring you guys a guide to Survival 3.0, or as many people call it, Factions. For the past 5 days (Ever since release lel) I've seen people struggling so much over factions. But here I'd like to tell you some tips and trick to help you survive! So, without further ado, let's go on!

The Start
    Many people when they encounter factions at first glance, think it is very hard due to people already having
    a start, getting early, op gear/sword (maybe :p) So first would you should do is like what @Fleeci10Media
    said, is once you come on the server for the first time, you already have the starter kit. But, it didn't count you
    as actually doing
    /kit starter, So I recommend doing so. Once you do this, (if you are a donator) perform the command /pv 1, as this
    /pv 1, as this will open your player vault. A player vault, also known as pv, actually has 2 inventory spaces, not counting your
    hotbar. This makes a lot of space for your kit(s) and useful items. You are free to put any item you want in your
    player vault, as I said before that it has 2 inventory worth of space, excluding the hotbar. As you do the command

/kit starter, you get a 24 hour cooldown (1 day). This prevents anyone/everyone from spamming the command
    and obtaining unlimited armor... however, you could get unlimited things with kits, it just has a cooldown.

Making your own faction
    Making your own faction can be hard for some players. If you want to make a faction, it costs 100 cubits. Cubits are basically
    the currency of our server. When you start Survival 3.0 or factions for the first time, you get no cubits to start off with.
    (Correct me if I am wrong @BlueFusion12 or @SuperAdmin ) Thus, you have to make cubits
    on your own. Getting cubits
    in general is fairly easy. All you have to do is just get some blocks, I recommed planks, because those sell for a dollar a piece,
    and to get 100 cubits, you can get 25 wood (Not planks, wood, from trees) and that gives you 100 planks, thus making
    100 cubits to make a faction. Once you have 100 cubits, do
    /f create. This creates your faction. You may also name your
    faction by simply putting your faction name after the "create" in that command. After you do perform that action, do
    /f desc
    to put in a description that when you walk into your claimed land, (Will be explained later, keep reading :)) It displays the description
    of your faction.

Claiming land
    If you make a faction, you should make a base. You can do as many designs as you wish, or make a base out of anything.
    Be cautious and notable about your base's flaw(s) (If they even have some, which they most likely will. I mean, come on people,
    you're not going to be perfect.), this is important because when you make your base, you want it to be hidden and protected.
    One recommendation that I have is obsidian and water on top. This prevents tnt from blowing up the obsidian (If that even is
    possible, it should be since this is factions. :p @BlueFusion12 please add this if not already), but since you might just
    be starting, don't head towards that direction... yet. Now that you've made your base, I reccomend getting atleast

50 cubits. Why? Well, when you get the 50 cubits, You want to do /f money deposit 50, because this will let you claim land.
    As you claim land, you will get
    1 cubit stripped off of your faction balance. Why isn't the 1 cubit taken from you? It's because
    if you have people in your faction and if you want to give them permissions to claim land, do
    /f promote 2 times. Why 2 times?
    Well, promote the individual 2 times because the first time, they get promoted to
    member, then the 2nd time they get promoted
    to
    officer, which is basicly faction moderator. If you would like to give someone the leadership of your faction, promoted them a 3rd
    time. This will give them all permissions of your faction, and it will demote you to officer. If you would like to leave the faction, do

/f leave. If you are the faction owner and you want to leave, retrace the few steps I've said and then leave. But, if you want to basically
    destroy the faction, or rather, get rid of it, do
    /f disband. This not only deletes the faction, but it does give the current owner of the faction
    it's money. Now on to the claiming part. To claim some land, make sure it you are not in safezone or that you're not near someone's base.
    They might easily locate your base using
    /f map (on / off). So always pick out a nice and safe location for your base. Now that you've got
    everything set up, it's time to do the real claiming. To claim a part of your base, stand in that part and do
    /f claim one. I believe that this
    claims a chunk around you, a chunk being a 16 x 16 radius, And the height is from bedrock and then all the way to the sky.
    Once you claim your base, when people that walk into your claimed land, they aren't able to break any blocks, or open any chests.
    Now, if your faction power goes below your amount of claimed land, other factions have the permissions to claim over it, thus making it
    their property. Please note that when you claim a base, you may only claim land that is connected to the land you claimed already, thus
    making it impossible for you to claim other peoples' bases when you have already claimed your base.

Recruiting members
    When you would like to recruit people, please be cautious. As @Fleeci10Media said in his guide, letting everyone join your faction
    has a very big risk. If you claim a lot of people that you may not trust, those people may betray you and grief / raid your base, and
    most likely kill you in the progress. I've learned my lesson from this already. A player that I didn't know / trust joined my faction,
    and raided my faction. That player had a very smart plan, as they teleported me to supposely another person's base, and then
    they destroyed my faction while I was busy looking for items in the base. To recruit a player, do
    /f invite. This command allows
    players to make a decision; choosing to remain factionless or in their / other people's factions, or choosing to join your faction.
    I already stated how to promote players in the section above, so please do not ask to list the promotion info in this paragraph.
    When a player joins your faction, their rank will be set to
    default, thus giving them no permissions whatsoever, except for leaving
    the faction. When a player gets promoted to
    member, they get access to seeing what's inside containers, and also being able to
    edit them. As I said earlier,
    officer is like faction moderator. They are able to claim land, promote players to member, etc.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. kailanchauhan

You can /tpa to people and /wild, suggestion to be added. This is sort ofstarter, you can sell items in the /shop to gain cubits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. _Brokencrystal_

I feel so honoured ♪
    *also known as pv
    Open brackets started inside sentence, capital e not needed.
    Spaces between words and forward slash not required.
    Two open brackets and one close bracket?
    Sentence not ended, capital I not needed.
    *base's
    Ending punctuation not necessary in brackets that were started inside a sentence.
    *at least
    *basically

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. LuukH

Retired Staff

This is very useful

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hbl

hbl

Here is the additional paragraph. Thanks to CyaniteCtrl_ and _BrokenCrystal_ for the suggestions!

Cubits
    One thing that I said before is that cubits are like money, as in that cubits are the main currency of MegaCraft. I also mentioned
    how to use cubits for your faction. But here I will tell you the other uses for them. If you want to buy/sell, you can either do
    /sell, or /shop.
    /shop is basically /buy for Factions. This is because
    /buy brings you to the BuyCraft shop, which is the server shop for ranks
    and cubits. /sell brings you to the sell option of the Survival 3.0 shop. Please do note that different items have different prices and different sell prices. To add on, the rest of the shop is litterally buying things.
    You can buy things like spawners, various types of weapons, and combat tools to help you survive in the wild, (swords, bows,
    armor, etc). When you are starting out, I don't recommend saving up for a spawner as they won't drop if mined with a pickaxe
    (correct me if I am wrong @BlueFusion12 , but spawners do not drop even if they are mined with silk touch. Also, if they don't drop,
    there is a plugin that let's users mine spawners with silk touch and collect them. I forgot the name, but it's somewhere...) . I say this
    because you might place the spawners in the wrong area, and I don't think they can get pushed by a piston. Don't feel sad if you
    read this, because I don't even have 10 thousand cubits. I am close, though. But they around 50k to 120k. The last thing I have
    to say for this user guide is the use of
    /tpa. Do not tpa to ANYONE unless you are 100% sure that you will get what wanted, because
    please note that tpa killing is allowed.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. MetaMutation

Thanks, this was helpful because i'm a noob at factions. :):p

• Like Like x 1
  7. hbl

hbl

I'm glad you took my advice. :) Glad to help!

8. _Brokencrystal_

/pv was removed for non-donators, as Luuk informed me, so you may want to put that it if it fits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. hbl

hbl

Added.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dope_as_fk

Love you for tagging me. Thank you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. hbl

hbl

You're welcome! I'm always glad to help people :)

12. kailanchauhan

Suggestion to be added: maybe you could say that when you sell items, some have a better value. Example: charcoal sells for 5 cubits for 1 piece whereas cobble sells for (I forgot the actual amount) something less than 1 per piece

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. hbl

hbl

Added in the broken off "Cubits" paragraph.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hbl

hbl

Bump.

15. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Put don't fight the wrong faction...... I've learned that the hard way! Trying to kill bomber and Matt when I was in your faction.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. hbl

hbl

LOL.

Don't make up bullshit, Pinq. We were never in the same faction and we never will be in the same faction. Also, this is a starter guide, I'm not going to put in to watch out for a specific faction/player.

17. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Fleeci added me to it and then somehow bomber and Matt got in the obsidian base. I think it was the first one you made on survival

18. hbl

hbl

LOL Fleeci never add you. I nor my faction mods never gave him permissions. My obsidian isn't raided so I'll just mine it sooner or later.

19. dope_as_fk

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. hbl

hbl

Is there any way that staff could lock the thread but allow me to post on it without promoting me to admin?

• Funny Funny x 1