Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Rules and Enforcement

Discussion in 'AJGaming News' started by BlueFusion12, Sep 22, 2016.

1. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Hello everyone!

It has been brought to my attention recently that people's actions on the forums have been getting out of hand. People are constantly fighting back and forth, clogging up the forums with toxicity that prevents normal players from using the site productively.

Thus, our staff team has chosen to start enforcing the rules on the forums more strictly. The existing forum rules can be found in the rules thread here: https://mc-mega.com/forum/threads/megacraft-official-rules.3564/

I've copied them for the sake of laziness here so everyone can see:

Forum Rules
    No Inappropriate Images or Links > Posting any photos or links that could be considered NSFW (gore, nudity, etc.) are strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent forum ban.
    No Innapropriate/Sexual Topics > Any sexual references, sexual roleplay, and use of inappropriate terms (including slang terms) is not allowed
    No Swearing > Swearing/Cursing of any type is not allowed. This includes self-censoring. (i.e. **** you)
    No Racism > Racial slurs, harassment of players based on race, racial prejudice, or any topics/images/links relating to racial hate are strictly prohibited.
    No Bullying > Harassing or making personal attacks on other players
    No Multi-Posting > Posting multiple threads in rapid succession with the same content or little/no content
    No Advertising > Discussing or posting websites/ips of other servers is not allowed. This includes threads, signatures, profile pages, etc.
    No Abusing Forum Ratings or Tags > The forum rate system is not to be used as a weapon of harassment. Abuse or spamming of ratings will result in them being disabled for your account.
    No Inappropriate Signatures > Follow the above rules in regards to what is inappropriate for a signature

Violations in any of these will result in a warning and editing/removal of your post.
    After a certain amount of warnings, actions will be taken automatically.
    3: Blocked from posting for a day
    6: Blocked from posting for 3 days
    10: Banned from the forums completely for 1 week

NOTE: These rules apply from this moment on. Previous violations will not be punished with the new system.

This site was designed to allow MegaCraft's players to communicate, ask questions, and provide feedback for us. We will not tolerate bullying or harassment of any kind.

Thanks,
    - MegaCraft Team

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

So I can't even say "what the f***"?

3. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Lol you just basically took the server and made it into the forums

And please don't give any staff right now the permission to ban people on forums. They are most likely gonna abuse it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

I'm going to keep this up so people can see. Yes, this is not allowed.

5. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Blue.... you know what people are going to do, and you won't like it.

People are going to be complaining about this rule on forums and it will be because of a few staff members abusing their power. It's inevitable. Now everything else with the racism, I'm okay with, but the swearing rule isn't such a smart idea, literally this isnt the first or second time you implemented this rule on a server, what makes you think that putting it on the forums will make it any different? If anything, it would make it worse, also did you even poll the people about this rule?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I see exactly what you're doing, you're creating no swearing/no harassment so you can censor criticism, everyone hasnt really experienced it but I have, and maybe others have to. I would post something that's a form of criticism, then staff will see it as attacking a whole entire server and then will get punished for criticism. Then of course you will be messaged by this curtain person and you'll miss a bunch of points of a thread of criticism and then take out curtain parts and use it as "evidence" so you wouldn't have a reason to punish the player, plus you're owner, I know you haven't done that too anybody yet on FORUMS, but on the actual server... you know who you did this exact thing to. Not making this reply to put any hate on you just a form of criticism, let's just see if this reply will survive.

Respectfully
    -Lifekiller43

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Having fun?

Criticism is welcomed and always has been. Harassment and useless attacks however are not. If there is something you want to change or be fixed, make a thread outlining the issue very clearly and professionally. Discuss why it is a problem and some ideas on how to fix it.

I think you just enjoy making negative comments everywhere you can because you enjoy the attention and enjoy fighting. That sort of attitude is toxic and only creates more problems. If you actually wanted to improve the server, you would understand why these rules were put into place.

8. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Going anywhere with this reply?

If criticism was always welcomed, then why are people getting punished or muted for it? I get there's a difference between criticism and straight up humiliating them, but most of the time people get muted because of mild criticism, either that or they start arguing with you and when you reply to the immature argument by staff they'll punish you

I think you enjoy screwing people over and making others mad and not taking criticism correctly. About one month ago I remember Kadrek made a post with different sections of criticism, one section said "Poll the people" it seems you haven't polled them correctly, now, this strategy shouldn't be used all the time, but in cases like no swearing or etc. it should be used, correct me if I'm wrong blue, but I never saw a thread of you polling them.

Oh and btw this was another form of criticism, you literally proved my point on how people can't take criticism on this server.

Respectfully
    -Lifekiller43

9. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

i'm not really saying to take out the no harassing players rule, all im gonna say about that rule is that it should be enforced correctly. What i mean by that is that the staff need to really look into the posts that people are posting and determine whether or not the post is actually somewhat attacking a player. If it's "Lifekiller43 stop being a little piece of crap" That's attacking/harassing a player. If it's just "I like how this person cant take criticism correctly and instead he starts trying to jump to conclusions and say im a hypocrite" (Pretty Specific don't you think?) That's not attacking or harassing a player. There's a difference between pointing out flaws and actually attacking the person so much that it needs to be reported.

<No Abusing Forum Ratings> Um, we don't have a disagree rating anymore, also the optimistic rating should be positive instead of neutral, is the optimistic rating an inside joke or something? Cuz the definition of being optimistic is a person thinking the best for everything or a curtain thing.

<No Inappropriate/Sexual Topics> Okay, this one i can kind of get but, this rule should've been polled because other people have stances on sexual jokes/topics, if the majority of the server doesn't like it, i'm completely fine with that and i'm sure other people would be fine with that.

<No Advertising> Is putting links like Reddit/Youtube and etc Allowed as long as it's not advertising a server as long as it's appropriate?

<No Swearing> Okay, no, definitely not. I get putting no swearing is used so no one can attack each other or gang up on other people, but you already have a rule for that. This rule should've also been polled for, again, if the majority of the people don't want swearing, im also fine, but for the time being, change that rule to no swearing directly towards people (Like it's on the server)

Respectfully
    -Lifekiller43

10. UniqueUnicorn225

hi

• Like Like x 1
  11. Leopard_Pal

So basically you are saying that I can't go **** (or ####), I can't say I don't like that build you made, but I could say, "maybe the pumpkin should be more round and it will look awesome"?

I don't like to cause arguments, but I agree with that fact that some staff abuse their powers, and although I have seen way worse where donators can ban/mute/kick people on other servers I think some staff need training. Although I am not staff I think I could help train and set up guidelines for staff to follow. I like going around to MineCraft servers and helping EULA be enforced without Mojang getting the servers in trouble, and helping any problems. Sadly, I don't meet the staff requirements yet, so I can't be staff on here unless I can pass those rules, but I am fine without being staff.

I also want to say, although I talked about abusive staff, there is some really nice staff you have.

12. Lancez

You're basically saying when you meet the requirements you get staff? That's completely wrong, yes you need to have the requirements but it won't get you staff, it's how you are in-game, on forums, mature, active, friendly all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leopard_Pal

I know, I was not saying that