Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MegaGames

Discussion in 'Game Suggestions' started by DevilStuff, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zLynn

--Intro--
    I didn't know where to put this thread, so I put it here. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, what I'm about to say is solely my opinion, and my thoughts on MegaGames and what there is to improve. MegaGames is great and all, but here's what I think is messed up. Let's just get right into it:

--1--
    First of all, let's talk about how hard it is to get a bunch of people to play on MegaGames. Pretend for a moment that you are trying to make a party (about 6 people to play most games) so you can play some good old MegaGames. You would probably try to invite some of your friends, and go to creative to advertise. The problem is, you probably get around 3 to 4 people actually joining your party in creative. Added on to your friends who actually feel like playing minigames at the time, you barely have a group of 6 people in your party. This whole process takes like 30 mins, and you barely get 2 games done before someone decides to leave.

The reason I believe this happens is you are taking your playerbase (mostly creative people) and trying to move them to MegaGames in such a huge jolt. It's hard to find 5 people at any time on the creative server that want to get on MegaGames. To fix this, I believe there should be just a few hubs, 3 at most, and the games should cycle in a voting process, kind of like how the old MegaGames used to work. This way, you don't have to organize everyone to get on MegaGames, because everyone who is playing MegaGames at the time will be playing with you, instead of playing some other game by themselves and refusing to join your party. It becomes that much easier to organize everyone.

You might rebut this by saying that people want to choose which games to play, rather than have three at a given time. That's a valid point, but then, in that case, have one hub for each game, and one hub that cycles through each of the games.

--2--
    In MegaGames, the only thing about it that's different than any other minigames server is Craft Royale (correct me if I'm wrong). There's rewards, gadgets, pets, morphs. So many minigames servers have these things. If you want people to play on MegaGames, have something unique, something really special, just like you did with Creative. Not many people have as good of a Creative server as Mega does, which is why it has grown so fast. I'm going to make this paragraph short, because I'm going more in depth about it in my next point.

--3--
    Let's go to SkyWars. Many people like this game. However, one main thing that bugs me is how closely it resembles another certain popular server. (I will not mention its name, but if you play on it, you should know what I'm talking about by the end of this paragraph.) Almost all of the kits are nearly directly ripped off from that server, even the names. I explained in my last point how uniqueness is key to growth, and when almost everything is directly ripped off from another popular server, people will just think, "Why am I here when I can be on that other server?"

Also, as a side note. One of the maps in SkyWars may look original at first, but it was clearly a copy from that other server. There's a bridge connecting two long islands in the middle, the enchantment tables are almost in the exact same spot, and overall, everything's really similar.

--Final Thoughts--
    The reason MegaCraft has always been a good server is because of its uniqueness. It offers World Edit, a custom RP plugin, and so, so much more! However, MegaGames needs something unique about it. It needs something special for it to grow.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JustTomas

to long did not read

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Divine_Sophie

The problem is that the server isn't known for its mini-games. It isn't likely at all that a player would join an 80-player-base server exclusively for the mini-games that it offers in contrast to a 30,000 player-base server that holds high prestige for its mini-games, especially when Mega-craft is known primarily for its Creative mode community; the people that play Mega-craft are probably only interested in playing Creative mode.

There needs to be some encouraging incentive to play these games other than bragging rights, which entices others to engage with them, such as a level-up system or a reward for winning that gives players access to something beneficial, such as with every win rewarding you with a token, which can be exchanged in large quantities for perks such as name colours, higher fly speeds, Copy/Paste and /hat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Friized

Retired Staff

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I agree, the megagames server does have a lot of copied things i didnt want to say anything but now i do.
    Like really wtf right when megagames realeased we changed VIP to MVP and donor to VIP, i know we had vip mvp really? you couldnt have created a new ranks you had to copy pickle server?
    ANd yes the skywars ranks come from another server too! i had noticed that too @DevilStuff
    and noone gets on i agree
    AND A CHERRY ONTOP 1 OF THE PETS NAME IS THE SAME THING AS LAGPLEX!

@BlueFusion12 the only way we get members on Meggames is if you start recording again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. KLuebbert

This is very nice input DevilStuff, it was worded very nicely. I actually hop on MegaCraft every now and then, even with my distaste with it, because I personally cannot find a better creative plot server. The creative plots are very unique, and are very good quality. I would expect the same for the mini-games.

I have a possible solution, maybe have rewards handed to people who win the mini-games that can influence other servers, such as Creative or Survival, and have little perks or upgrades players can buy with the money they earned from winning, to enhance their experience on survival or creative. Because as it seems, there is little motivation for players to play mini-games on MegaCraft, rather than other well-known servers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zLynn

Yeah, like you guys said, people love rewards. If you combine that with a single lobby for each game system, along with a lobby that cycles through all of the games, people will get on MegaGames and find that actually getting into a game is really easy. You still need something special to MegaCraft, though. If you have all the rewards in Creative, then you're kinda creating a MegaGames community that is only playing just to win, and once they get the rewards... well... this will happen:

<Sebastina420> LOL I just won the 3 games needed for //copy bye bye
    Sebastina420 has left the game

Not really a fun playerbase for people who want to play MegaGames for hours on end. What I'm basically saying is, have a reward system on MegaGames, or at least something unique in MegaGames. No one's going to go on the MegaGames just to use a sheep morph while flying through the air on a giant nether snake. Trust me, it sounds awesome, but it gets boring fast.

Inbox me if you found the easter egg in my post!

8. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

blueyizgooey please take this suggestion for this server lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.