Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Decision

Discussion in 'AJGaming News' started by The_Kadrek, Nov 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Hello MegaCraft,

This is, of course, not an easy decision to have made, however, I am deciding to step down from my current position as Owner of MegaCraft. I am doing this for many reasons, which I will explain. I want you all to know, that I am not doing this in response to anything, nor am I lashing out in any way. Blue is aware of this, and I talked to him about this decision, and we are of course on good terms about everything.

The reasons I am doing this may seem confusing to some people. First and foremost, my role as an owner was to be the social leader. To run the community, and so on. With school, real life, everything in general, I haven't had nearly as much time as I usually do to devote to Mega, and with that, my only real purpose is not really being fulfilled. If I am not doing my only role as an owner, then there is no logical purpose for me to remain owner. Secondly, there is a lot of internal conflict within the staff recently. To normal players, this may be confusing, but regardless, the staff as a whole has been having some trouble getting a long and working as a unit. I think this is primarily because of the lack of synergy, and more specifically there is no direct and immediate reason to unify. I feel that is because I have taken all the important decisions in my own hands and don't allow the staff to work it out on their own. I feel now that the staff will be required to work together because larger decisions will be made by them, not me.

Understand that I am making this decision for the good of Mega in the long run. While it may be confusing or irrelevant to many, I am sure that in the end, it'll work out for the best. I of course will still be around and involved in the community. I don't plan on leaving or anything, and I am probably going to remain as SuperAdmin on the server. In terms of the role I played with staff and promotions, I will suggest that superadmins be given the permissions to promote players to trusted or mod, and the higher ranks can be voted upon collectively etc. Regardless of the outcome of that specifically, I am sure a better and improved system will come in to play. In Capitalizm, when something fails, another takes its place that is more efficient and successful, and im sure whatever system comes to play after this will follow the same story.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you who supported me and continuously reminded me of why being staff is important. This isn't some goodbye so I don't have much else to say, but I wanted to make sure everyone understood my reasoning, and that it has nothing to do with Mega itself or anything like that. Either way, thanks for reading haha.

• Informative x 9
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. MC2Squared

That's very admirable for you to assess the situation, and make this decision with the community in mind. Kudos to you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

it's really sad but you know since you're not leaving i guess this will still work out just fine. But what does this mean for mega craft? Will we have a new owner (Another) or will it this time be a 1 mans job? Oh and also you are so nice to people so awesome and i just wanted to say thank you for taking your role as owner. But since you're superadmin i can only say one thing. Good Luck!

4. The_Stalker_1

What?! You're stepping down?! :eek: ...Well it was nice knowing you as an owner. I personally think that this might be a bad decision, but we'll see how the server goes its path.

5. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

not a bad decision but ok you're entitled to your own opinion sir.

6. hbl

hbl

The_Kadrek, I think this is one of the most worthful choices you have made. I am glad to see that you have the gut to do this on your own, and I see that it is for the best.

With best regards,
    Sanei

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. zLynn

Ok Kad, I respect you're decision.
    Keep doing you're thing. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  8. YaBoiFrooty

RIP Le_Kadrik

9. mandorrhea

^ (most everything others said :p)

Question - How is Artisan ranking going to work now? Blue isn't on very often so people will have their plot in queue for quite a lot of time. Possibly have a few SuperAdmins/Admin (3) look at it and vote on wether or not they can rank up? Otherwise people will have it in queue for a long time and when it is finally looked at, denied. Thanks for your concern,
    Mando

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Guamanian

Yo should not use his realname here as that is personal and he does not like it

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. therealjojo

When I first saw the thread I thought this server is going down and all of us with it. But a little change never hurt nobody eh? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Kutze_

Kutze_ Formerly known as Kootze_

Kadrek you were a great owner, and you made the right decisions. Good luck ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. LuukH

Retired Staff

Kad, we (I assume everyone agrees) respect your opinion, just keep doing you and nothing will change. As for the staff conflicts and what not, making specific people apart of the staff team was a great decision, and with regards to some other individuals, maybe a bit less of a good decision. What I am trying to say is, maybe consider twice before making anyone staff. This is no offense to anyone on the server whatsoever, but just constructive criticism.
    You've been an amazing owner on the server and we are really glad to have you here. Thanks for reading this and have a great day. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

It's rly sad to see you step down kad but it is your decision and no matter what I will support you on your way cause you are a really nice person and glad that you was owner. Be the best super admin like their neither was kad. :p

~Senpai

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chrxstxan

Retired Administrator

Respect.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

You were a great owner for the server and I wish you luck irl and hopefully we'll all see you on the server from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TheRedstnePotato

Goodbye Kadshrek, even though you're not leaving, just demoting yourself. :(
    Goodluck with Superadmin!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. hanzomain69

It took me too long to scroll down here to write this, but i guess this is for the greater good. But congratz on super admin!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. ironicmemexd

Kad, this decision of yours. IRL school stuff is way more important than a game. Good luck, but I'm glad you'll still be around as a super admin :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 8bit_Zach_

Don't think of it as "Sorry you decided to not be an owner anymore." everyone, think of it as "Congrats on getting SuperAdmin Kaddy Boy!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.