Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions - Prison ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YaLadSenpai, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Hi MegaCraft, now as a staff member I been planning to work on a prison server for mega to introduce and try to expand the community further. However to make it possible I need your opinions; do you think a prison server is a good thing to add? Would you play the server? If we did add it what kind of things do you want to be added to make the prison server more advanced and not like a normal prison server?

It is very much appreciated for people's opinions and I am just pointing it out; prison is not official it will be decided when we get the community's views on adding it or not.

Now as a part of the community I want to explain my views on why prison is a good server to add to mega. Prison is a very well know game on minecraft and can introduce more players in the community; usually it does not matter how many players are on you are capable of playing it by your self or with lots of people. Prison can get really addicting and I strongly believe that it can help mega grow and expand.

An idea I want to explore and I want to ask you guys about this idea because this will be effecting your experiences on mega and effecting the community as a whole. If prison is official would you guys like to see plot mines added? This is so you can have your own little mine on your plot but it will be limited on what blocks you can have in it. However; making sure it does not break the rules of the eula it will not be in buycraft but it can be won every month by an event or a giveaway. These events and giveaways will be held by staff (most likely staff who can create plot mines) and will give them away. This is so everyone has a chance. I wanted to bring up this idea because it can make things easier for that player and others. You can let people mine at the plot mine and can make the whole prison server more interesting.

Anyway, that's my overal view on introducing prison. Please do reply your ideas and views as it will help us out a lot. Many thanks.

~Senpai

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I see title i click come to comments right away and
    YES YES YES PLZ

3. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Lol, i doubt the people of mega would actually want prison, they're just gonna be hyped about it and then just not go on, it's happened with minigames and survival gamemode already xD. I'm 100% sure hardly anyone is gonna go on it. There may be a lot in like the first few days but then after that it's just gonna be empty for the most part XD

• Like Like x 1
  4. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

So i oppose the idea because it's just gonna be a waste of time really. Unless people of mega would actually go on other game modes and not stick with creative all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xEvxnx

Retired Staff

I love the thought of a prison server, but the community is SO creative based right now. Look at minigames, and skyblock. People were excited for release, and played for a few days after the release, but look now? Minigames is usually dead, with 0 players online, and for skyblock, we have an occasional few players, but not a community. I don't see the point in putting time and effort into making a server, for it to be a lost cause, no players, nothing.

Players say they want it, but at the end of the day our community is creative based, and unless you can change that I don't see the point in a Prison server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LASC

Personally, I don't know..
    Recently Megacraft has tried numerous times to introduce new servers and has been hyped so much. 2.0 -> Flop, Factions-> Flop, Minigames-> Flop. I really think Megacraft is trying its best to keep the community interested. We need to make something creative, that isn't on other servers. That's why creative is popular, because of World edit players are given something DIFFERENT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

I do get where all of you are getting at. YES; the community is based on creative, YES; many game modes have failed. However the whole point on adding these game modes are to take the risk and to try and improve the community; expanding it further and changing it slightly and to make the focus of the community on different game modes, not just creative. We just need to be patient with this stuff as we cannot expect a creative based community to play a different game mode every day. It's about improving; taking them steps forwards.

To put it in perspective; here is a situation. There is a game that you start playing and you love it. About a couple of months playing it no update or improvement is made, this links to not making an improvement on mega, and you start getting bored of this game and the community of that game goes down and no new players join. The whole point of introducing these game modes is to attract more people into the community and hopefully grow larger as one and that the community is no longer focused so much on creative.

The whole reason we create these game modes and keep improving them so they become more unique and better for your experience in this whole community. Every day we are willing to improve and take ideas from you guys and to try and make it fun for the whole community.

The point that I am trying to get is we are trying our best to improve or we won't get anywhere and we won't move anywhere as a community. I mean like I said this is my opinion and this server will be created by Antony and I, if you guys want prison and this servers gets approved, and we are always willing to try our best to make this successful; same with mini games and the others.

But that's all I wanted to say and thank you guys so far for the comments because then i can take these into account and try to find ways to go around these so the community can grow. Many thanks. :) Also quick note; from now one i want views about prison not linking it back to creative and the community as I already have this in account and this is so i can get your personal opinions about prison in general and if it will be a good game mode to introduce.

~Senpai

8. YaLadDedd

I agree with like everyone,

I would love a prison server, but I also feel like its important for any new servers to have a community of some kind, I just feel like I don't have the drive to play the server if other people do not play. So in that case I agree with everyone else that without a community the server flops.

On another note, Senpai has a very good point, eventually at some point people will just simply get bored with megacreative, i have seen it happen on other servers, where after no updates or changes people just trickled away, so even if just for the initial hype, that could be enough to keep players on for a long time (if your bored go play prison etc). Another thing senpai mentioned was attracting more people, bringing in a prison server could bring in a whole new community separate from creative.

In conclusion I think its a great idea, because It will allow people to feel that updates and changes are happening and the server is always changing getting better etc, it will also give the server opportunity for a new community
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Alright senpai u can ignore that part

Now for the actual server, a few suggestions I have are making it op to some extent, this means it aint the grindiest thing on planet earth and can be a good place to go when your bored. another suggestion I have is bringing in lots and lots of ranks, so players feel like they are getting better and more important and people will recognize the effort and feel the sense of achievement. Alright thanks :D