Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plot Packs

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Tormentous, Jun 11, 2018.

?

Would you like to see plot packs added? (Replies to this thread are encouraged)

1. Yes, I like both of these ideas.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Yes, but only in the AJ store.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Yes, but only with /tokens.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I don't think either of these are a good idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tormentous

So I've come up with an interesting idea, to be able to acquire access to more plots in different ways, for a few reasons.
    - Donator ranks kind of have diminishing returns on the amount of extra plots you get from upgrading from 1 rank to another (MVP, Elite, and Titan all get 10 more plots than the rank beneath, and Mega only gets 5 more than Titan, even though VIP gives +30)

- Lets be honest, over 99% of players are never going to get Master, as they simply do not take building that seriously or don't have that kind of time to put into builds.

- Some people like to have very large plots for group projects such as cities and that digs into your plot amount very quickly, or others (like me) start a LOT of side projects, all of which are on different plots, again eating into the total amount.

So, here's my proposition, plot packs using tokens and/or in the AJ store.

1: (Store, I'm American so this will be in USD) There could be 3 pack sizes, maybe 10, 25, and 50, costing maybe, $3.99 for 10, $7.99 for 25, and $12.99 for 50.

2: For those who want a couple extra plots but can't spend money, why not use tokens? Maybe have 2 sizes for this one, 6-8 tokens for 1 plot, or 12-15 tokens for a pack of 3.

2. Ommo

Retired Staff

6-8 tokens and 12-15 might seem a bit too little for plots. Maybe 30 tokens for 1 plot, and 60-70 for a pack of 3?
    They might seem too much, but it'd make people be more engaged in reactions as I am no longer doing them so people have a chance now, but as well as that it'll encourage people to vote.

3. Tormentous

Well honestly I wasn't fully expecting it to be that few, but hey, when you negotiate you start low, right? :p
    But if someone is terrible at reactions and relies on tokens only through votes, 8 is 2 days worth, for 1 plot. And that's not including them spending tokens on anything else like an hour of clipboard.

4. SirNumcelot

Retired Staff

Theoretically, if you're a very fast typer and are active daily this may mean a new plot every hour or so, Even up to 30, that's a new plot every day due to the reaction tests.

Paid plots on the store don't seem like too much of a bad idea, however, being able to theoretically buy infinite plots may be a problem, and would probably only be a 1-time use.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  5. Threndhr

Retired Staff

So can we still do the plot packs in the shop? This suggestion was never accepted nor denied and I think plot packs in the shop, even if they would be a 1-time use, would be a great idea, because at some point people might run out of plots to claim and I know from experience how that is very annoying.

6. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Due the methods of permission checking from PlotSquared, plot packs are not possible at the moment.
    Maybe in the far future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.