Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POLL: Opinions on a Creative Rank Revamp

Discussion in 'AJGaming News' started by BlueFusion12, Jul 7, 2016.

?

Do you like the idea of the new Creative rank system? (READ THE THREAD BEFORE VOTING!)

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    69.7%
  1. Feueristic

Yes, I agree that if you already have a high rank, you're pretty much done with this server, and indeed this adds more after Arch. But why not keep the Architect and Artisan?
    I think the rating system should not be in-game, but shown on forums...? Would that be a better idea?
    (Think of it like a...idk, a list of players with ranks, and not shown in-game by "(B) [Exp]Feueristic:I am literally the worst")
    If the system is on forums, then it can still provide more challenge for the higher ranked builder, and less
    embarrassment for those who aren't so good in competition.
    Also, I think there should be no advantage what so ever if you're in B A S SS. It's just a ranking of what you've done, no perks for you to show off.(..I guess lol)
    anyone get what im sayin? nuh? kay... ;_;
    To be honest though, no matter what you try, competition will exist even removed the rank system completely. ;_; su sad

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Hey,

Honestly I don't think this idea should be implemented to the server, atleast not in this exact form. Right now as many of the people who have commented on this has said that they build for fun not exactly to compete with other people. However, I know there are people who get motivated from competitions and would like something like this to be added so they can raise their limits.

I would say Architect is like a milestone for many people on Mega right now, I wouldn't start changing the ranks until that point. However, Artisan is something that should definitely be modified. MineCraft builds and builders are getting better and better all the time, themes changes and something that you've created like year ago, is most likely not so impressive anymore. If you go and check out the very first artisan plots Mega had, the styles they use aren't really up to date, which will give people wrong picture of how high rated the Artisan rank is. Yes, back then the builder did lot of work to make it look cool, but lets be fair, they don't look that good anymore when Mega has seen much more detailed and better designed plots.

So what is my idea for this to be fixed? Honestly I don't know and that isn't really my job to figure out but I'll state some of my ideas here. Maybe you could use and edit them to whatever you like. Or not, maybe this is just too long reply and you cant be arsed to read this. (I totally read all the replies this thread got don't worry) Okay well, I just thought Artisan would need some kind of reset system or refreshing thing that makes sure that the people who have Artisan right now are truly the best ones on the server, not some old people who's build used to be one of the top but is now nearly builder worthy.
    Killerkwile, is he still Artisan?
    This doesn't need to and I honestly don't think these people should get rid of the Artisan rank they've once earned but atleast seperate them from other Artisans. You could use the system you explained @BlueFusion12 and maybe modify it to work so, when you make a plot, you can set it to be reviewed and the staff will give it points between 0-10 or 0-100 , which ever you prefer. This way the active builders can compete with other Artisans if they wish to by comparing their points to other Artisans. But also, if the player just wants to have the tag, he should be able to keep that, as long as the plot is up to date with the requirements for current Artisan rank.

Anyways, hopefully this will create some new ideas for you.
    Thank you for reading.

TL;DR = Too long didn't read.

Here I explain this whole reply for you lazy kiddos who thought this reply was too long to be read and for who don't respect my work and effort on making this thread. Thanks m8 I appreciate it a lot. (Not)

So basically I suggested an idea for Artisans to get new feature added which allows them to either compete or not. This would make them to maybe stay on the server longer since they have something to do after they reached the max rank. I also said that some of the old Artisan builds were too outdated and weren't really worth Artisan right now. So there should be like refreshing system that keeps the Artisans updated and makes sure the artisans are truly the best builders on the server right now, not some old people who's build used to be one of the top but is now nearly builder worthy
    Killerkwile, is he still Artisan?
    . Thats basically it.

Best regards,
    Jeqqe

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Yeah killer is still artisan
    which is quite stupid
    he didnt deserve it :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. PhoenixFett

I kind of agree to this. This ranking system is amazing at least in my opinion. The server I came from had a similar system. You had Builder, Skilled, Expert and Architect.
    You had 3 kinds of plot worlds. 32x32, 128x128 and 512x512 and in everyone of them you could have 3 plots

So pretty much when you had Builder you could build on 32x32 and 128x128 but once you got Advanced you could build on 512x512 and you get basic W/E stuff.
    Once you got Skilled, you get better W/E stuff and with Expert you get all W/E features but once you got Architect ( which only 7 people out of around 500 ppl had ) you could promote people to Advanced maximum.
    That system from that server in my opinion is superior to this one but I still like this server a lot and this is my opinion.

P.S. I don't agree on removing Artisan and Architect and also I don't agree on the whole competition thing. I think that the system I just presented is the best in my opinion

5. _Brokencrystal_

Slightly confused, you just said that you agreed with what Blue said, then proposed something else, then said you disagreed with the idea of adding more competition.
    Also, the w/e for ranks I disagree with, since MegaCraft is pretty much unique with its free w/e. That's one of its main attractions as a creative server.

6. PhoenixFett

Well I kind of agreed with that and said that this is a system which I find superior. I said I kind of agree, I don't think that Artisan and Architect shouldn't be removed. Maybe I'm just used to that system but hey I like it and ye

7. ZambieTeen

Horible idea. just saying

8. disjoin

Personally, I'm not a fan of this. Experienced is the line which ranks you as an average builder, arch says you're above average and art says you are highly skilled. With it being separated, there could be some confusion. What if some staff has bias towards you and give you, idk, a 0? that'd rank your score down completely. Then, on the other hand, what if you grab a group of your staff friends to vote you a 10? then you'll get in the SS part.

It shows to be unreliable because no matter what you do, it will come back to haunt you with staff members potential bias.

You could say this can happen with arch and art as well, but for art /you/ have to review the plot.

Also, what about art players? there's surely got to me more than 5/// and what about the art players to come?

9. dooff

Retired Staff

To be fair, that's already a potential issue with the current system. From what I've seen, there's no real bias among the staff towards particular players. It does raise another issue though which is bias towards particular building styles. There's been various discussions about this from staff and players alike and it would be nice if a new system could do something towards correcting it.

10. mandorrhea

Yeah, um the "SS" isn't the most flattering of ranks. Maybe it's just me, but when I hear that, I think of Schutzstaffel.... It's probably a good idea to just stick with Architect and Artisan.

11. Tormentous

Honestly, I can see both sides of this. On the one hand, competition could add a new element to the server and would certainly be unique. But on the other hand, those with higher ranks could feel superior to and look down on lower ranks, prompting arguments among other things. Also, the reason I voted no is because I don't want to be ranked in comparison to everyone else when all I want to do is make things I enjoy making. I can see I'm clearly not alone in this, seeing how it's almost a 70/30 split in the poll right now. Maybe if there were 1 or 2 more ranks to help bridge the massive skill gap in exp-arch and arch-art plots? It's just a thought.

12. j0hnny_sins

i think that the system would remove the vibe of the server. when you see someone who is an artisan it a really rare sight. if we would remove that it would destroy the magic in meeting an artisan. also, i don't think that making it competitive would be a good idea. it would lead to toxicing and rage on the server. and a BIG CON i haven't seen anyone talk about it this: The admins would have to always be the top ranks. if the admins would get surpassed by others people wouldn't think that they reviewing their build would be fair if they are not the best of builders on the server. i think that if more people were allowed to review arch,art plots the system we have now will become much better.

13. Aerakyl

Personally, I don't agree with this one bit. Adding this new ranking system would destroy the fun of building, and just help us to make enemies instead of friends. I first joined the server to get away from the competitivity of mini games and factions and all that, not to get thrown into more. I think of creative servers as a way to enjoy myself and talk to people, and a way to build for fun and make new friends. This new system would tear us apart, make us enemies and in general it would just take the fun and enjoyment of creative away from the server. I do agree that the ranking system should be changed and modified, but I don't think this is the best way to go about doing it.

Since the standards are always being raised, and builders are getting better and better, some of the earliest artisan plots are extremely outdated, and wouldn't even get Experienced today. I like the idea of adding a feature where artisans could reset, possibly, and go through the ranks again to make their build up to date, and to make sure they are truly worthy of the rank. That would help define who the best builders really are, and it would make things more fair, so the right people have the rank they are truly worthy of.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I just felt like I should put the idea out there. I don't agree with the new ranking system you propose, and personally I would not like to see it added. I feel it would drive people away from the server more than it would attract them to stay. Thank you for reading, and I hope you consider rethinking the idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. iKawaii_

it would not be fair to be graded on the stuff that they are proud of. you can crush there hearts by rating it bad if they are proud of it I mean its call creative for a reason. creative means you express yourself and you go beyond the limets feeling free, not getting graded

15. Aerakyl

I agree. I don't want the fun of creative to disappear because of a new ranking system.

16. exoticJai

Its very complex but I understand and its a brilliant idea.

17. Joiined

I agree with you, and I hope the server stays the same because in my opinion, I like it better the way it is.

18. MrToastyGoodness

Not a fan. I think the current one works great!

19. Samiiii

Retired Staff

More NOs then YESs and I heard you were still working on it...

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

No? This was scrapped because of the poll... We may try and adopt a hybrid system in the future, but as of now we have no plans to change the existing system.

• Like Like x 2