Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation System

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Brokencrystal_, Dec 14, 2016.

?

Would it work? (Please read the rest of the thread first!)

1. No, even good or trained staff would only rec friends.

2. No, even trained staff would forget to rec anyone.

3. No, other reasons (please do post below and tell me why).

4. Yes, only good staff would be promoted this way.

5. Yes, there'd be more communication in the staff team.

6. Yes, other reasons (which I'd love to hear, so please make a post if you have time).

7. yes bcos pineapple

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. _Brokencrystal_

Posted in Off Topic because it's not completely Mega related.

I've heard a few people mentioning this and calling it stupid, so I'm curious as to what the general community's opinion on it would be (although I'm not saying that this should be implemented here and now).

The idea is that you need a recommendation from a Mod, Sr. Mod, Admin or Manager (just borrowing ranks from the server I saw this best implemented on) to apply for staff. Usually you'd be /msg-ed or asked to hop in a private channel on TeamSpeak, then given a quick talk about how the server would appreciate you being Helper, what your job would be, that you don't have to apply if you don't want, etc.

Of course, there'd be messages from the higher ranks in staff chat saying "watch [player name] theyve been kind/helpful", as well as, I'm guessing, communication between Mods (they get their own TS channel us Helpers weren't allowed in ;-; ), so there were never recs that other staff disagreed with.

Now, supposing Mega had twenty to thirty decent Helpers, another rank of the same amount who were powerless mute/banwise but who could contact staff directly (Gym Scrubs Subs, that was a Pixelmon server), about a dozen reliable Mods, two or three of a slightly higher rank and an Admin for each subserver... would you agree to a system like this?

2. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

We need forums staf :) and staff in game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kailanchauhan

I totally agree with this.
    Giving the people who day by day go unnoticed a better chance and giving an incentive to help players out :)

• Like Like x 1