Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizard Academy Server Setup Suggestion

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by JackCosens, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

Okay, so it is clear to me that Wizard Academy has to be by far one of our biggest packs on AJGaming and we want to continue pushing this out to reach a wider variety of an audience.

Our original plan was to re-release Advanced Wizardry (Magic and Tech PVE) however I think that we should just stick to the Wizard Academy modpack and split the community into two servers:

• PVP - No Claims // Pretty much what we have now apart from this server would reset on a more regular basis (a set date each month) to allow people that have fully completed the modpack's content to get a fresh start and try something new. The world border would be significantly reduced allowing people to be closer together and influence raiding and interaction between players more.
    • PVE - Golden Claims // Pretty much the opposite of the current server. This would also be accessible from the launcher and it would allow people that enjoy building more elaborately and enjoying a more relaxed creativity based magic server. This server would only reset when it is forced to on a Quarter-Annually basis (every 3 months or so).
    I would also be interested in introducing a staging branch which is a public duplicate pack of WA however this would be updated weekly and a small server that allows users to access creative to test new mods in advance to them being merged over to the main servers and sniff out and hopefully resolve issues like the furnace glitch quicker.

Let me know what you think of this idea or if we should just stay to how we originally had it!
    Any extra suggestions please leave below :)

2. Neptainium

WA is in a great place currently and I think that having two servers will do a large amount of good for the server however on the PvP Anarchy side of things I have a few issues.
    one has mixed opinions on it which is that rule 3,
    (Although raiding and base destruction is allowed creating and or using items that are designed to destroy entire areas or large chunks of the world (spawn included) will not be tolerated. Creating these items will result in yourself and anyone involved being permanently banned from the network.)
    should be edited or removed entirely. I feel that the rule in its currently very unfair as it makes base hunting excessively difficult as part of the game is literally strip mining large areas in order to find bases and this rule makes that against the rules. This is easily fixed by making the rule state something along the lines of "Do not make the world un-useable and do not cause lag while destroying the world" an alternative would be "do not destroy the world needlessly or without reason in order to have your reason validated please contact a staff via discord" something along these lines to keep things in check while still having a basic function of PvP raid intact. another issue with this rule is that it's not clear if you read and take it for the words on the paper it says you can destroy the world just not with weapons of mass destruction although this can be seen as nitpicking misunderstandings in rules are very common so rules MUST be as clear as possible. (A straw poll I had sent out in the general channel on the AJ gaming discord on this topic https://www.strawpoll.me/15955543/r

A second suggestion I have for the pack is to introduce a mod like Advent of Ascension into the back before you shut this suggestion down please listen to what I have to say, this mod is very intense on the server and considering the server is having issues it seems insane to put this mod into the pack. However with the right amount of time and effort it could do a huge amount of positives for the pack as it prolongs available play time and it's just a fun mod most if not all people will enjoy on the pack it can be very stressful however as previously stated with time and care this can be implemented without issue. We may run into the roadblock of not having enough resources to dedicate to the server which is perfectly acceptable as money does not grow on trees.

A third and my final suggestion today is to have specific staff for WA and future PvP servers (so a team for PvP and for PvE with obvious exceptions) Without disrespecting anyone there currently aren't enough staff that play on WA and the staff that do either do not have the authority to help where it is needed or do not have the knowledge as well as the fact that many of the staff on the server are not used to PvP servers and have gotten confused while punishing for a non-violation of rules as WA has a separate set of rules. this suggestion is made with no intention of disrespect just to be 100% clear.

3. B3CKDOOR

Retired Staff

I do agree on this part, however this does not include areas around /warp nether, this is why this rule is set into place.

The problem I have with this mod is that it makes it so that the pack wont be as much PvP anymore but more an PvE pack.
    Second, that mod adds alot of new mobs (entities) and as you probably know, as it is the server lags sometimes and this will make this much much worse.
    Third, that mod has alot of random effects / events this is known to have alot of compatability issues with modded servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.