Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock Suggestion: Remove the hopper modification

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CarbonaraFreak, Aug 10, 2016.

1. CarbonaraFreak

As you know, there has been a modification yesterday where hoppers are three times as fast as they normally would transport items. It has been made in order to reduce lag.

Well, it is a good idea, but the sorting systems are all broken now. I have realised that all my iron does not get sorted into the sorting system due to the new system and just thrown out into the void with the poppys. Also, if you put down a horizontal sorter (filling a chest from left to right), there is a 50% chance that the chest just gets passed and the next chest will be filled.

Now that is bad news, due to the fact that by the empty chests, there is only half of the storage available in such setups.

[​IMG]
    As you can see, this shows which chests were empty as I was looking through them.
    Now I beg to remove this feature, because my island pretty much exists out of hoppers and sorting systems, and gets completely ruined by the hopper modification.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Weird, because yesterday I followed a tutorial to build a giant potion brewer and the hoppers are not ejecting the potions quickly enough for the next batch. Meaning that 1 potion stays stuck in the brewing stand even tho i gave the hopper 12 ticks without a redstone signal meaning that i think hoppers are still slower than vanilla.

3. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

We will be updating all of the servers to full 1.10 support soon. Paperspigot has a nice patch that will fix more hopper lag, but that cannot be applied until we do the update. Expect that update within a day or two.

4. CarbonaraFreak

Thanks for the update. I have turned off all hopper-related sorting systems/storage systems in order for it not to glitch out.

PS: BiduBR, This can also maybe be because of server lag, who knows.