Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for Lost

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jeqqee, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Hey,

I've recently started playing on this new "Lost"-server here on AJGaming and ever since I joined I've kinda noticed how boring and empty it seemed in it's current state. It it pretty much like any other SkyBlock server, only difference being that the air is changed to toxic water. The only "objectives" players are able to choose on the server are either to get a lot of money and be on /baltop or to try to grind their island level up, so they can be in /ai top. These two objectives however hardly bring any satisfaction to the players since they don't have any kind of goals/rewards in them. Maybe this would be different if you implemented something like "Reach 100 000$ balance to earn [$]-tag" or something like that, who knows. That being said, lets get into the actual suggestions.

(Also I want to point out that some of these suggestions may require little bit more effort than editing the configs of premade plugins, if you're not up for that, just ignore this. Last time i suggested something that wasn't a premade plugin and actually required maybe 150 lines of code if even that I was told this "lol too complicated, we only edit the configs".)

Money usage:

In my opinion the /shop prices seem quite fair. Personally haven't had any problems with them so far. However, one major flaw on the economy system is the lack of ways you can use your balance/money. Right now the only things you can really spend your money on seems to be spawners, these are the most expensive things you can buy. ("Please correct me if I'm wrong") Plus, spending lot of money on these will most likely not be worth it due to the mob limits set on the server. I've personally spent over 1Mil on skeleton spawners just to find out yesterday that there is limit of 6 or 8 skeletons spawned per island. This meaning that if i had 10 spawners and each tried to spawn 2 skeletons, it would only allow the first 4 to actually work. So there is really no point to buy more than 4 spawners on your skeleton farm.

Now you've bought your 4 spawners, spent your 360 000$, what now? You could start building your island from diamond blocks or something but what really is the point of doing that? What I would suggest is some kind of ranking system like i mentioned before. Working kind of like how prison servers work, you grind to certain amount of balance and then are able to purchase the next rank. Plugin that could be used for this is called EzRanksPro . Having something like this added to the server would add another objective for the players to reach for. If you're to add feature like this, make sure to make the later ranks actually challenging to get. (20mil possibly for last rank).

Community Area:
    (Lot of custom stuff, skip if you are looking for premade plugins.)

Something I would personally want to see is a "Community Area" on like the island where the plane crashed.

"After the crash, survived passengers from the plane started to build a small town area to survive. Eventually the town got bigger and people decided to look for better places to live on since the population was getting too big." - Could be the lore for it.

What the community area could have are: (Gameplay features, not gonna list buildings.)
    1. Traveler
    2. Player booths/Shops
    3. Sailor

1. Traveler & Dungeons

Dungeons:

I'll start off by explaining the dungeons. Dungeons are special "missions/quests" where players could either go solo or group up with other people to fight against mobs and different kind of bosses for special loots. There are 2 types of dungeons. First type is the regular "Assasination" where your task is to simply go and get through the dungeon and kill the final boss at the end of it. The other type is "Survival" where you're to survive as many waves as you possibly can. More waves you finish, the better loot you'll be getting. In addition to the normal loot you would also be gaining a unique currency that you can use with the "Traveler".

Traveler:
    Traveler is a person/npc that will only arrive to the community area on weekends. This person will provide exclusive loot that you can purchase with the currency gained from dungeons, plus with small fee of normal in game money. The loot the traveler offers changes weekly.

2. Player booths/Shops

I feel like people can understand what I mean by this just from the title but I guess I'll explain it briefly anyways. Booths/Shops that players can rent for like a week with certain amount of money. Players will be able to set up chest shops on these booths.

3. Sailor

Person/npc that will be taking players to custom islands where they're able to mine and collect resources that would normally be impossible to get from their own islands. Having this will reduce the need to always depend on /shop for everything.

(Don't want to go into too much detail on this latter suggestion, kinda have the feeling that this wont be even taken into consideration. But the buyable ranks with in game money should be easy enough to set up. Looking forwards to seeing if any of these suggestions are getting added.)

In short, add ranks that can be buyable with in game currency so we can spend our money to something somewhat useful. Also some custom and unique features would be cool like dungeons and special islands that we can travel to.

~Jeqqe

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Buffers

Retired Staff

Hey,

I really like the Money suggestion with the ranks. I was a Manager on a Faction server where I added the exact same plugin. You can buy ranks via in-game money which granted you special commands / kits / rewards, the cheapest one being extremely easy to obtain whilst the last one being extremely expensive and thus reserved for the most talented players. We can also have these special ranks unlock exclusive warps, shops, and lounges. This is something I will bring up in a staff meeting...

As far as the common area, wouldn't it just be a second spawn? And quite honestly, the team has so much going on with all the other servers that this suggestion might just be too much work as of now. However, when things get kinda dead around January, maybe we can revisit.

Thank you for the suggestions!

- Buffers

• Like Like x 1
  3. LinkFelton

Retired Staff

I like the idea for the Prison like ranks. However for a spawn area would be difficult. Watch the Television series 'Lost' and you'll notice thats where we get the ideas for all this. That being said, your idea for a Spawn would not fit. However I have multiple ideas that are being looked at. Lost will be getting mini updates from time to time. More Kits, more stuff to do, etc. Keep on the look out. Currently with the plan for an update for AW and Christmas events, we are tight on working for the first update to Lost