Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ryan Issue...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dragenor, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragenor

Retired Staff

I have been getting a lot of blame recently and some of it I accept fully but other bits of it are not so true. Yes I falsely banned Ryan. Now a lot of people seem to think I banned him for 'hacking'...this was not the case. If you look up his name in the bans section is clearly states 'Failing to supply evidence of not hacking' I went and did this ban because...(before I get into this, I don't want anybody thinking I still think he was hacking. This is just the reasons that I banned him for) He didn't show his version in his screenshots. He logged off for 6 seconds. Then he showed his version. Conveniently forgot his skype. He didn't want to let appear.in view his screen. He didn't want to download join.me and he was avoiding questions. Those were my reasons for banning him. I think a lot of you can see why I banned him now. If we at mega were not so lenient Ryan would have been banned as soon as he logged off. I do accept this was a false ban but those were my reasons for banning him. Now a lot of people said I warped him to the top of the map and started interrogating him. I did not warp him to the top of that map as 1. I don't have perms for /tpohere or /tphere 2. What is the point in that when I could have just froze him. Some other false accusations have been going around that I 'nearly banned someone for using the dash' this was not me, but it was another staff member that I will not name. I encourage you all to find out facts before accusing me of warping him and nearly banning someone for dash. I hope you all understand I did not mean harm in this post I just wanted to clear some stuff up with you all. I hope you can clearly see my reasons for banning him now.
    Thanks
    - dragenor

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. kailanchauhan

Don't worry, I believe you. :) Unlike some, I don't like making a fuss out of things.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

yes

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dragenor

Retired Staff

I asked him politely a few times.

5. _Brokencrystal_

I think Fault is referring to the method of finding out who's hacking, rather than you in particular or how polite you were.

6. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

ye

7. dragenor

Retired Staff

Well there is no other method to really find out if you're hacking or not so...suggestions are welcome

8. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Hm

9. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

AAC is one of the most corrupted systems actually on the minecraft plugin system. ANYONE can be banned for hacking when they don't actually hack, i think you may or may not remember that we had AAC and more than half the server kept on getting kicked for "Hacking" when it definitely wasn't true. the flying npc's get in the way and you wont be able to hit your opponent, Not sure about NCP though.

10. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

i still believe you and im deeply sorry for accusing you about the dash flying situation, but i still believe that Ryan should get reperation, he got banned falsely and he nearly (probably) got his donator rank to waste. I know he didn't supply evidence, but you didn't either, nor' did you show how he hacked, what client he used, who was on, or when he did it. But otherwise i still believe that you were trying to do your best. Next time, put evidence to support your claim and let other staff members/players interpret it.

11. ObtuseMoose

AAC and NPC are both trash lol, some moderators banned me because they thought I was hacking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

k

13. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

Fault, I created the KitPvP server and I can confirm that we do have an anti-cheat on there that is meant to be updated but due to the owners absence it hasn't been updated for some time. It picks up a fair amount of the hackers and reports it to the staff members and any ops with a level severity on the suspected hacks.

Screensharing is definitely the best way to view a SUSPECTED hacker like Ryan was. Before I left I initially implemented a freeze mode which allowed staff members to screenshare a user. If a user logs out for a short period of time before supplying evidence it is usually because they have disabled something etc. Most PVP servers permanently ban people after they log out and it would be recommended to do so due to it being not supplying evidence to a staff member. Drage has owned up to his mistake so lets just all move on and get over ourselves instead of trying to be smart and pointing out obvious things that really dont help in any way @NotMyFault

• Like Like x 1
  14. dragenor

Retired Staff

Good reply jack.
    - Thread Locked

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.