Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you dislike about this server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUPERxSNAP, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

ROASTED
    [​IMG]

1 LIKE = 1 NEW FACE FOR SANAENAE
    Little song for Sanaenae getting roasted

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. hbl

hbl

Aww. I'm so offended by your comment.

3. hbl

hbl

Edited by a staff member who doesn't view both sides of an argument nor story.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  4. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Actually, the ones you may see mostly may or may not be the bad ones, and that's mainly because they're trying to bring attention to the bad ones so then the people can specify as all criticism being hateful/retarded.

5. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

i love you for posting this filthy frank meme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

i honestly don't want anyone to get any bad points on me, i think staff are doing pretty good. But, there's one particular staff member that i'm holding a grudge on, who knows, it could be a different one or the same one you are thinking about,

• Like Like x 1
  7. kailanchauhan

About the ranks, why not just stick with the old Mod - Admin - Admin+(I use Admin+ instead of SuperAdmin since this would be a more suitable name if implemented again). The current Helper rank would be the equivalent of Mod

8. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

Because these ranks have been tried multiple times and they clearly have not worked because all of the ranks end up doing the same jobs. Having specific ranks for specific roles work. Eg. Jr.Mod would deal with chat incidents and help some players, Sr. Mods could look after events and run them, they would also moderate what is going on within the server they're currently on. Admins, admins would have more of responsibility, once the servers are fixed and have players, each admin would be assigned a server that they can look after and become the manager of that server (Creative Manager, etc.) Manager, this rank is just because the owner can't get on a lot so this rank would make sure that all servers are running well, and if there are any problems, they will be dealt with. The owner is just what the owner wants it to be, lol.

This isn't exactly what the staff system would end up being like as there are a lot more points for each rank and what they can do but I wrote like four pages on how I think the staff system should be on a google doc so I can't post it here, most of the staff team have seen it and think it could work but it is entirely up to Blue on what he decides.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

I think the problem with Mega, is that the minecraft community as of now is attached to a discourse where thousands of players are with them, there's a strict rule set for both players and staff, and there is a large developing team (hypixel type servers if you didn't catch on). I personally don't think "Mega" is or ever was the issue. I think the archetype that Mega originally created in 1.0 and w/e-creative is no longer what the majority of the community in Minecraft wants. And honestly, I don't think there is a solution. Unless Blue wants to hire an entire team of developers and put hours and hours and thousands and thousands in to a new community (including staff), then I don't think there is or ever will be a "solution" to Mega's issues. On a side note I also think 9 out of 10 staff members are too immature and young to hold power over another human being virtually, and let that sort of responsibility go straight to their ego. Now I'm not saying this about every staff member, and quite frankly I don't even know more than half of who's on the staff team, but I already know based on what other people are commenting that nothing's changed since I left being owner. And in all fairness, that's not Blue or Antony or any of the staff team's fault either. How can you blame a child for taking their power too far when they are too immature in the first place? It's not Blue's fault either, because how in God's name can you expect someone to find a full team of workers (unpaid) who are all moral enough and mature enough to help regulate a social community? And of course whoever is staff at the time will say they have a good list of recommendations, and by recommendations of course they mean their friends and pals. And of course every one of you will think YOU have the greatest list of rules, plugins and staff members in the world to create a successful server, but lets all sober up for a second and realize that your new list of rules won't work any better than the current one, your staff dream team will be garbage just like all the ones before it, and your list of plugins will do absolutely nothing for the successful of Mega. If there is one single thing I learned from being owner of this server, is that when it comes to minecraft, it is a lot harder to "create" a successful server, and a lot easier to get real damn lucky.

All I am saying is, there are problems you CAN fix, and problems you CAN'T fix. You just have to be wise enough to understand which problems are problems due to changes you want made by Mega, and problems due to changes you want made by what the minecraft community wants.

Just some things to consider.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

Unfortunately, I don't think I've seen these strict rules that have been set for staff?
    I personally have not made my own staff team. Yes, I've had input in some of the people that have become staff right now but on some I have not. The staff teams that were put into place before were made by either you or Blue.
    Not if you create it the right way. Take skyblock for example. It might not be the largest server on Mega but it still gets the second amount of most players. We advertised skyblock, and it did well for itself, it still brings in money right now. If you make a server that you think players will play, it is worth the risk of advertising because there is a huge chance that players will join and stay.
    Not really. I feel that we could have if they actually took longer than 5 minutes to set.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

i can't argue with that statement.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Divine_Sophie

upload_2016-11-25_14-50-47.png
    O_O Yikes, this thread blew up quickly. Thanks for the replies, everybody! \o/

13. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

More like 2 minutes

• Funny Funny x 1