Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Survival isn't Coming Back...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JackCosens, May 18, 2016.

1. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

Before I start this thread I would like to point out that im not 100% sure that all of these points are true I am just going off of what I have gathered from staff members and what has been said on multiple forums requesting for this gamemode to be returned.

I am going to explain just some of the reasons why MegaCraft Survvial wont be coming back anytime soon as its starting to become annoying on the forums with people constantly asking for this gamemode back.

The Community
    MegaCraft originally started off as a survival community when the server first launched 4 years ago. We had a small survival server with unique features added for the time and development that minecraft was currently in. Over the years MegaCraft has grew and BlueFusion has upgraded our plugins and hardware to make the servers more powerful and better for us.

As MegaCraft is now purely a creative server we will struggle to get players onto a survival server if it was reopened. There would be some traffic to the server for the first couple of weeks but after a month or so the server would die out just like it did last time it reopened. This would then turn into a waste of resources that could of been used for another more unique server.

Too Much Work?
    As many people may already know @BlueFusion12 and all of the staff team are working really hard building and coding the new minigames server that is planned to a launch in a couple of months so BlueFusion will simply not have enough time to setup and recode some of the plugins we had to make the survival gamemode fun again. So survival will not be coming back for this reason unless a staff member decides to take this idea into their own hands and do it for BlueFusion. Keeping the plugins updated for future versions would just be too much work for BlueFusion with minigames and creative on his shoulders too right now.

EULA Enforcement
    Recently Mojang have been bolting down of their EULA Terms of Service, many popular servers such as MineTime, GotPvP and TheArchon Factions Network have been added to their new blacklist they have introduced. Due to this most of these servers have now became EULA compliant and should be removed soon but others have refused and have announced the end to their network. Unlike creative it is extremely hard to create and find non 'pay to win' perks for our survival server so the server would not be paying for itself and would not be able to stay up for a length of time anyway.

Personal Dislike (PERSONAL OPINION)
    I am personally not a big fan of the survival and factions gamemode myself. I have only ever played it a couple of times and even then I do not get the enjoyment and fun out of it like i do if i were to play Creative or Minigames. People say 'Ooh can you just change the server version and let it run?', Me being a server owner and Administrator myself I know how stressful and annoying running a server like this can be. Keeping something maintained and attractive to new players is a lot harder than someone thinks and Mega is not in the right place right now to be taking on a new project of this size right now.

Like I have said at the top of this thread I'm not 100% sure if all of this is true as things can be changed around when messages and rumors are passed around so please correct me If I got something wrong.

I hope this explains things so you don't have to request MegaCraft Survival again and again.

Many Thanks
    - RoboJackPlays

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. xEvxnx

Retired Staff

I'd like to add that even though MegaGames will be released shortly, that won't be the end of it. People think it's just ''Servers released, end of story'', but it's not. We will be constantly working on adding more mini games, maps, features, and more to the server after its release, and at the same time will still have to take care of all other servers (Creative, Skyblock), and fix and bugs that arise with the server :) Although you may not realize, we are always busy implementing new features, and planning for the future of Mega :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

I know in the future there is a chance this gamemode will be readded but for now I doubt it will be.

• Agree Agree x 1