Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

Swear Censor plugin is basically useless?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 123BEEF321, Oct 4, 2015.

1. 123BEEF321

Okay so a few weeks ago, I used the word 'Penis' in chat, and like 4 staff members absolutely mauled me for it (my argument was that it's a scientific term that children get taught in school anyway, it's not actually a swear word. It's only inappropriate if you're immature.)
    Anyway, Seeing other players swear in chat I notice that the server automatically censors their swear words,
    So i thought to myself ''well hang on, how come the word 'penis' isn't censored if it's so damn ''offensive'' and ''inappropriate?''
    I mentioned this in chat and a staff member said ''It's a plugin it can't be altered'' uhm. Yes they can? you can literally choose what words are censored out... maybe not will all plugins but i've previously used ones where you can.
    So basically, my point is, that,
    The Censor plugin is basically useless. Because you can literally say the word 'penis' and offend a thousand people anyway. Why is the word not censored? Seriously? surely it should be if It's 'bad' enough for staff to almost ban me. -.-

Also, I saw a donator player say the word 'genitals' with like 4 staff members online and no one cared? how is 'penis' offensive but 'genitals' isn't?

Please someone just fix this and censor anything that's '''offensive''

And learn the difference between Swears and Biology Terms.

2. hbl

hbl

Thank you for this explanation to why "Penis" isn't a "Bad word" unless they are immature.
    Seriously though, thank you. I can explain this to IRL friends.

@The_Kadrek
    @BlueFusion12
    @Dxrk_

3. DonaldJohnTrump_

You were not using the words in a scientific way so therefore you cannot use that excuse.

4. hbl

hbl

He explained on his post that he was sort of- "Testing" the Censor plugin.

5. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Okay, so here is my little spiel for this.
    Firstly, I highly doubt you were using that word in a scientific manner. Like, lets be real for a quick second. Secondly, you're pretty much right. The censoring plugin isn't a 100% perfect system we have. Also, it is important to note that swearing isn't against the rules. Only swearing aggressively towards others or spamming swear words etc. The whole reason we have the censoring plugin is to kinda sift through the blatant stuff and try and keep chat moderately clean. Obviously there are ways around it, many many ways, and we know that. Like I said, we just kinda use it to sift out the obvious stuff.
    Just to close this, use common sense. If you swear here or there in a harmless manner, none of the staff should have a problem. If you are using words with sexual connotation, I can't promise the same thing. Just be logical. There is a clause at spawn that basically says, the rules are guidelines, but not verbatim to what we enforce. Each staff member will mute for different things etc. So just make sense, and 99% of the time you won't have any problems. If you are still confused on anything let me know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1