Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We want 1.8!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zaynin_, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Golurk_

I have been playing on MegaCraft for a while now, and I never really used the forums. But I really need to now. Mega recently updated to Minecraft Version 1.9, which is a very exciting update. It includes many new features to PvP, and a couple new blocks. However, I think we can agree that a lot of us want 1.8 back. This forum post will consist of many good reasons about why we should go back to 1.8.

To start off, 1.9 is a major PvP update. Although it has some new block changes and some new items you can use to fly around with, (Yes, the Elytras. You guessed it.) it has no major changes to the actual game for building purposes. Yeah, an Elytra will be fun flying for a few days, then itll get old jumping off the same platform again and again and again. Not even just that, this update also has some negative effects to builders. For example, in 1.8 and the versions below/near it, when you fly and hold shift at the same time, you fly slowly. This helps people place blocks while flying, land closer to a specific block, and help for many other building techniques. Along with that, Ive talked to some large redstone fans on the MegaCraft server. They both said that at least one half (50%) of their redstone inventions and creations have been Destroyed, Broken, Ruined, or more. This can make the redstoners of Mega very mad. People also most likely lost their favorite 1.8 texture packs. Yeah, there are 1.9 texture packs, but not nearly enough, and it can be a large hassle to some players to get their texture pack back, especially if it was a custom one.

Think of it. What does 1.9 really have to offer for a creative server? A couple new blocks? A flying thing that'll get boring in a few days? Yeah, new blocks are cool, however they don't do a huge amount of change. Look how good Mega was doing before it switched to 1.9. Before 1.9, there was about 40-75 players on at a time. Soon before 1.9, there was an increasingly large amount of players on the server, like 50-90! Now theres still a lot, but not nearly as much. Also, lag issues have been a huge problem. I was online earlier, and many other Mega players experienced a metric crapton of lag earlier. This can be infuriating to many builders, redstoners, ect. Yesterday, Elytras crashed the server about 9 times. Lag is a big issue for 1.9. I know updates can fix it, but thats for the future.

This next paragraph will be about 1.9 trolling tools. Lingering potions can be spammed onto people's plots, creating a ton of particles and a ton of lag. I've had this done to my plot the FIRST DAY. Imagine how many people will abuse this and use this to troll other players. This could get them mad or even crash their game at a point. Fishing rods can also now pick players up in 1.9, which can make them interrupted during building, during a parkour session, or more.

For 1.8, it got a little bit of hate. But everyone was so excited for that update, new temples, blah blah blah. Now, if you go on youtube and search "Minecraft 1.9" or so, there will be lots of videos explaining how 1.9 ruins the game, ruins pvp, ruins building, ruins regeneration, ect. Youll see players in chat "I hate 1.9 so much!" ect. Although some people love 1.9, many people also hate it. Notice the decrease in the servers player count? I have. Its decreased by about 15 players at a time. Plus, tons of plugins are broken, such as tab, chair plugin, and I'm sure theres more. Yeah, this can be fixed. But who really wants to do that?

Problems with KitPvP are also bad. You regenerate your health in about 15 seconds now, so you'll be pvping, get to 3 hearts, run away for like 12 seconds, then boom, you're back up to full. I was on KitPvP earlier fighting people, and I was in a mosh pit of about 7 people. It took me about 3 minutes to get down to half health. PvP matches go on forever, as if you were fighting someone on Peaceful mode.

To conclude, I and many other people would suggest switching back to 1.8. Please consider this, and read the whole thing. Sorry for wasting your time with rambling, but I really do feel like 1.9 negatively affected MegaCraft.

Have a nice day.
    -Zani_

2. Golurk_

Please read this whole thing before posting your hatefully defensive comments. Thanks.

3. Mas281

I would jist like to mention that no changes were made to redstone at all (excluding command blocks), so no redstone creations will have broken :p

Also, about texture packs:
    Every time a new update comes out everyone loses their texture packs. Just wait until the new version is released.
    Also, you can still put on 1.8 texture packs on 1.9, but the new 1.9 items will look the same.

4. Golurk_

Well, two mega redstoners who had plots filled with redstone reported major breaks in their redstone.

5. TheRedstnePotato

commandblocks are the biggest feature in the update :I

6. Golurk_

You cant use commandblocks on the server.

7. _Brokencrystal_

Yes, exactly, so the redstone couldn't have broken since there were no command blocks involved and they were the only things that changed. Thank you.

8. TheRedstnePotato

Who said I was talking about the server? The only good thing in the update is the commandblocks, who cars whether they're enabled? :I
    It's like me saying, "I like this icecream, it's good!" then you saying, "It's bad. I'm lactose intolerant..."
    In a way.

9. TheRedstnePotato

I was referring to how ItsMas said, "no changes were made to redstone at all (excluding command blocks)" as though the changes to commandblocks were feeble, when they are infact a huge thing, bigger than anything else like the end of duel wielding or elytra.