Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

Add VoxelSniper or some terrain editing tool.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Astuteness, Mar 15, 2016.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

80.0%
  3. I know a better tool for terrain making. (post it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Astuteness

ATTENTION:
    Do NOT post "it will cause lag" I already know and I've said that it could be accessed only by VIP+ or Builder+ players!

I was trying to create some terrain for my build but, I realized that this server didn't have VoxelSniper.
    The problem with this is that VoxelSniper makes terrain making and editing a lot faster and easier and without it, people can't make what they want to without putting in way to much time into it.
    If your thinking that WorldEdit is enough, well it really isn't because it can only make squares, circles, and move structures.
    Hopefully you'll consider this suggestion.

Terrain made with VoxelSniper:
    http://imgur.com/lklW35N

FIX to possible lag issues:
    Only allow players with a rank higher than Novice to be able to use it, this is possible because players with a donator rank can have bigger queue sizes which wouldn't be trust-able with a guest player.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hbl

hbl

There's something you must realize, and that is that this server isn't a small creative server.

No, I'm not supporting or going against this recommendation.

Yes, the plugin would be very essential to building, but unfortunately, some people we just cannot trust.

If everyone had access to the plugin, some people would most likely abuse it. (Make lag out of it)

It's a beautiful plugin, but I think it doesn't fit in a server for 85+ people.

If the plugin were to be added, it would most likely be for Architects and other ranks that have more power. (Artisan, SA, Owner, etc)

So please realize what would happen when plugin like this were added to the whole community to have access to.

Not everyone in life is trustworthy. I learned this the hard way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Astuteness

OK, I understand.

4. Kutze_

Kutze_ Formerly known as Kootze_

This isn't a very good idea in my personal opinion due to many reasons. (Btw this is basically what xImaginable just clarified above)
    It might cause a lot of lag to the server as it isn't a major huge creative server, and a lot of people may use the tool incorrectly and then increase lag which makes the plugin quite useless. its very fun to use but its not for this server unfortunately, but thank you for the suggestions ;)

5. hbl

hbl

Thanks for caring about what I said.

6. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Voxelsniper would cause lag if players didnt use it to build , but make the server lag. If you wish to use voxelsniper you can apply for the build team i think they have voxel sniper

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  7. hbl

hbl

Can you NOT repeat what two people already said? It's really annoying. You don't have to reply to every single thread, you know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Astuteness

ATTENTION:
    Do NOT post "it will cause lag" I already know and I've said that it could be accessed only by VIP+ or Builder+ players!