Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff apps.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jdf_, Apr 27, 2016.

1. jdf_

As the community grows everyday I think we should be able to give tips to people who have made staff applications and say whether they would be good staff. As it's annoying and a bit hard to remember to tell staff who's nice and helpfull. Another reason why I think we should be allowed to comment/rate staff applications is so that not just staff are commenting, because if staff don't know you good or know you well they won't comment on your app. However if they know you they'll comment on your app which I see as a bit unfair. I also think there should be new button staff apps to alert staff, take the situation if a player hasn't filled in all the questions or don't meet requirements they staff know to deny it / comment on it to tell the player. Finally I don't agree with staff apps being private if someone is going to apply to moderate the the server we enjoy and spend time on I would like to know a bit about them. Also if people don't like exposing their information I'm sure a option to make the staff app private can be implemented. Thanks for reading hope I get listened to and some changes happen as we adore our staff team!

Kind regards,
    jdf_

• Like Like x 2
  2. kailanchauhan

I am in favour of your suggestions, I don't like telling people information about myself, and also my question is:
    Why do we get to comment on people that are already promoted and say things about them... We should be able to comment on people who have not been promoted so staff can see what the community thinks of them before being denied over 1 person's opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

Players who apply are not denied over one person's opinion. Countless hours and monitoring of players who we think may be good enough for staff happens and it's a lengthy process where we all discuss the applying players and what we think about them being staff. One person just volunteers themselves to leave a comment (that we all as staff have decided together) on the application

4. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

As I do deny applications alot I do look into how long they played for, when they joined and how much they do get on. I know with times ones it can be hard so this is why I only do players I seen on. I do agree that players should get a chance to share their opinion about the player however I do feel sometimes they can get a bit out of hand and could go off topic. It is a great idea. :) I will mention this idea to the rest of the staff and see what they think. :)

5. xEvxnx

Retired Staff

The staff applications have been made private, meaning that only staff can view them. I think this is fair, because some people don't want to reveal personal information to the entire community

6. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I want this in
    badly

7. Trist

I understand why this is a major concern to you, because for people who don't know how to build well, being staff is the only thing you can do to stand out from the crowd of players. The problem is that if players can post on people's applications, the application will be flooded with a plethora of unwanted personal bias based on that player's feelings toward's the poster's personality. Politically speaking you just want the privilege of mudslinging people you don't want as staff and praising your friend that does.

8. _Brokencrystal_

Perhaps we could rate them but not reply to them, like it was before we changed to the new website.

9. jdf_

10. jdf_

I respect players not wanting to reveal info but you don't really reveal any personal info apart from 'age' and 'tell us about yourself' which you don't have to reveal it or don't go into detail as these aren't deciding factors for being accepted.

11. jdf_

Eh I feel like if you rate it you're giving someone info wherever it is good or not, whereas if you got to comment you would be able to comment good parts and parts to improve on.

12. jdf_

It's not a major concern It would just make the forums a more social place to praise players and giving them tips on staff apps. Plus I said if blue could also add a option to make their staff app private or not. So all together it would work out with all of my ideas on 'staff apps'

13. jdf_

As I said you could make it private or make punishments for players who take the topic off course or blacklist words or make a sub staff ranks for SOME players where they would monitor forums for arguments/fights.

14. _Brokencrystal_

I see your way of thinking.

15. Brookeeeeee

Eh, I think we could actually have the rating and comments, it would be cool, becuase like you said jdf they could help the player making the application or motivate the player.... I think that is the word I'm looking for... :D
    But yeah, its a nice suggestion.

16. jdf_

<3

17. Brookeeeeee

:) I like it, :D