Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread locking problems....: This will be updated every time an incident like this happens.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lifeleafyhere43, Jul 2, 2016.

1. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Okay this is something I've been holding onto myself for a LONG time... The thread locking that staff are doing is retarded. The threads that they're locking mostly aren't even worthy of being locked mainly cuz it didn't go off topic. It makes no fucking sense that I can make a thread and some goofball decides to lock it for their own luxury/ satisfaction of their staff powers. Either that or they're just really bored. One or the other. My Donald trump the train thread that was completely satire was locked for no reason... Why did this happen? Answer was for no reason. Please tell me how that was justified... Second. @IcebearMC had a thread that was recently posted that got locked for no reason... Maybe someone get offended even though this was brutal honesty... He was just reflecting the performance of staff and how their stance is right now. Clearly that was bull shit to randomly lock. This one better not get locked for no reason! It's really just complete bull shit. I wanna see your opinions about it cuz I wanna know your point of view on this situation. UPDATE: okay this is absolute bull shit.... I thought that this thread was going to help the staff at least recognize their flaws and within days of making this thread, another incident happened where it wasn't necessary to lock https://gyazo.com/6834c32b1d313bbc07df87ef907e51d4 after i make up a great point on this thread which would've had a potential of probably a shitload of replies.. Instead...... They use their mighty thor staff powers to lock it so no one else had an opinion. Again, this did not go anywhere near off topic and this thread should've not been locked, and i think it's the right thing for staff to unlock it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. _Brokencrystal_

I agree with all this.

Maybe I'm in no position to judge, but I don't see any reason for those threads to have been locked either, other than peoples may have found your train thread a little offensive (game/story threads certainly are allowed, remember Sami's question game and PhoenixFett's stories)... or staff being hurt over the fact that their performances were pointed out, which they should've just taken as advice to improve.

I'd like staff to reply to this thread and give their view on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Which is also why I'm not the only one having trouble with staff, a lot of people are now having trouble because of players pointing out their flaws and not using that as an advantage to improve, although there's a difference between being very mean and brutally honest (I'm a bit of both) but people are mostly brutally honest but some staff members take it the wrong way and their solution is to only ban/kick/mute people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I feel like staff are doing the exact opposite of what i suggest..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

life, you are banned, it seems you just keep starting threads to cause trouble

6. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Banned? Fuck off. I ain't banned you bastard. This is for thread locking problems you dumbass........

• Like Like x 2
  7. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I have people agreeing with me because they experience the same problems. So fuck off...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. dooff

Retired Staff

To be completely honest, I think you have a point. Threadlocking should be for a good reason(issue resolved, off topic etc) and be clearly explained. Even if threadlocking were done for a good reason(which is debatable), it's not sufficiently explained in a lot of cases.

That being said, if you want your arguments to be taken seriously, present them seriously. Staff are not going to bother reading this if it's purely swearing and whinging.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

Maybe you aren't banned but you are just posting them to cause trouble on here in about every post you have here lately on the forums. @staff, this post is so off topic

10. ObtuseMoose

And yet, coming back again with more useless posts.

Shouldn't we have permissions to lock our own threads?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

So his insult towards me I am not able to respond to? Life is one that has caused as much trouble on the server as the forums, yet he complains and swears at other players to defend himslf, which shows his inability to make a proper point without cussing

12. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Staff don't lock the threads. Let there be genuine opinions of others please. Second... You're the one causing problems here now.... If you want to be a hypocrite, go be a hypocrite on some other server

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

So please don't lock this one... I want real opinions

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hbl

hbl

Staff member: -Says something that has flaws in it.-

Me: -Points out flaws.-

Staff member: Oh yea? Let's see you do it, kiddo.

Me: -Rants on how they can't take criticism.-

Staff member: -Can't take criticism so mutes me for an hour, for "Starting Arguments."-

Me an hour later: -Keeps ranting about staff member.-

Staff member: Banned!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

Server: Happy annoying player gone.

In the example above, you just make your point the keep ranting about staff mmber is what got you banned, not just the starting argument. You have to see both sides of the picture.

16. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

First of all... On this server we are allowed to have opinions you dumb fuck.... (Staff don't lock this plz I beg u) second of all, the reason why a person would be ranting about staff WOULD BE BECAUSE THEY'RE DOING A SHIT JOB! I know I've said this many times to people, but you're probably the only person I actually mean what I'm about to say. Go fuck yourself.

17. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

@staff since somebodybutme is trying to get this thread locked, is there a way where you can refrain from a curtain person commenting into a thread? (Again please don't lock this thread)

18. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

SomebodyButMe your saying life is trying to cause problems? Your the one thats actually, making him want to start and your the one that keeps going on with it.

Anyways

I do agree staff do lock for random stuff, but now that staff have gotten stricter, I think this wont happen as much
    because
    it used to happen because of people normally calling staff names and that shit
    but staff dont give a crap anymore
    oo fisty. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. therealjojo

SomebodyButMe, why are you rating all posts that aren't yours with 'disagree'? I see you rated all of non-staff player posts with. Except for dooff and BrokenCrystal's.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

@staff, players are saying I am doinf these things yet life and his alt accounts have done the same thing the same the day before yet I am the bad guy for it. Life is posting inapropriate things in his profile, yet I am the bad person.I have been personelly attacked in chat by them, yet I am a bad person. I am not the troublemaker, look at profiles and see who is posting stuff about other players and you won't see anything in mine