Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

y0

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Middelniht, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Ariovistas

Hey guys, my name is Middelniht. I've been asked, because of my name, if I am German. Well, I'm not. I'm from a lovely city in the east of the Netherlands, next to a flowing river and prosperous farmlands overflowing with milk and honey. Why then the name, I hear you ask? Middelniht is not a German name. It is a name in a dead language, the language of the Anglo-Saxons (a tribe originally from Germany, which explains the similarity) who lived in Britain about 1200 years ago. They were conquered by the Normans (vikings from France) and the mix of Norman and Anglo-Saxon became English. Which is also why that language has so many French words. So what does the name mean? Middelniht means Midnight, which also happens to be my favourite time of the day. I'm an evening person.

As you might expect, I'm also really fond of history. History is fascinating. However, it's not my field of science (which is economics). I like reading loads upon loads of stuff about all sorts of different topics. Knowledge is power, so they say, and I want to be powerful. Reading wikipedia topics about random stuff also makes for a nice passtime. Besides reading my hobbies are gaming, playing minecraft, going for walks in the nearby forest, and political activism.

Now then, onto my minecraft history. I've been playing minecraft since the spring of 2011, when I was 16. I got it at the insistence of my brother when it was still in beta 1.6.6, and I've not regretted it. My main building styles are gothic medieval and baroque, though recently I've taken an interest in nordic styles as well. I dislike doing interiors, and I detest landscaping with a passion. While I like to think I'm a fairly decent builder, my landscaping skills are definitely sub-par. Don't make me landscape. You'll regret it.

So that's me. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the server. Take care!

Middelniht.

• Like Like x 2
  2. s8ry

Nice to meet you, i enjoy history aswell. I hope to see you at the server

3. Lancez

Welcome to the server and forums :)

4. Chancer21

Ever read the book The Pagan Lord? Or know Bernard Cornwell?

I love history too, and welcome to the server :)

5. zLynn

Are you German?

6. Ariovistas

Guess where I got the name from? :D

7. sirfredface

I would love to have a chat about economics if you have some spare time. I am currently in year 11 and it is my favourite subject out of the 6 I am taking. Might have to dumb it down for me though. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chancer21

:D That is one of my favorite books