Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inadequate staff [Problems and how to fix them]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUPERxSNAP, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divine_Sophie

Wow, yesterday was a real eye-opener. I really don't like criticising staff members, and especially not entire staff teams, because I can relate to the difficulties that they have to overcome in what most people tend to forget is a voluntary position. However after the events of yesterday, I think a few criticisms could benefit the staff team.

What is my suggestion?
    -To revise the process in which staff are hired
    -To make it more difficult to become a staff member
    -For staff members to be taught in advance how to deal with conflicts and incidents in-game
    -To improve the community's perception on the staff team

Why this suggestion is needed:
    -Yesterday, a staff member was encouraging the continuation of arguments, and in the process bothering everybody in the game for about 30 minutes by refusing to professionally end a conflict in the chat.This conflict would've been resolved in seconds with a mere "Please stop arguing or you will be kicked", or "Please discuss this in a forums conversation rather than in public chat".
    -A staff member banned a known player for hacking without evidence
    -A staff member almost banned a player and myself for supposedly "flying", when we were using the boost-jumps from the Assassin kit; one of the most overused kits in the game. We would both have been banned had we not disputed it.
    -Formally, there was also a staff member who had insulted me and made an enormous drama over the way that I play the game. This occurred over a three-day period, and is partly why I began to spend less time on here.

I want to make it very clear that not all staff members on this server are poor. In fact, many of them are great. However, a large portion of the newer staff members have demonstrated that they do not possess the knowledge, judgement nor the maturity to uphold the positions that they have been given. I am not going to name the staff members mentioned above as I don't want to single anybody out or encourage hate towards them. However, I am going to ask that the process used to recruit new staff members be reformed in some way, as to avoid similar incidents in the future.

How this suggestion should be implemented:
    -Firstly, helpers should be monitored by a higher-up staff member. The reason I say this, is because every incident mentioned above occurred at the hands of a helper, or who was a helper at the time of the incident.

-Secondly, consider their knowledge of the server prior to recruiting them. I don't want to insult the individual, in fact aside from this incident they're probably a fantastic staff member, but it should be known that the Assassin kit has multiple boost-jumps (KitPvP). Imagine how many players could've been silently banned on an active day for using this kit, before this staff member realised that none of them were actually hacking.

-Staff members are not supposed to be "just average"; they're expected to be higher than the player-base that they cater to. When you have staff members telling players to "shut up", or are replying with provocative emoji's to an incident in the chat that they have been contributing to and their justification is "You were being toxic", it negatively represents the entire staff team. Replying with ":p" is just provocative and unprofessional, and increased the discontent of an already dissatisfied player.

-Perhaps consider having higher-up staff members recommend players as staff. Given the importance of their position, it's likely that they'll be familiar with the community and who would make for a good staff member.

-Staff members should be given more training, so that they know in advance how to deal with certain situations when put on the spot. A staff-only thread that gives examples and solutions to scenarios would suffice, as it could be referred back to at any time.

-Obviously with such a limited player-base comes a limited supply of staff members, but if there are no adequate applications, then don't recruit anybody; wait for an adequate application to come through.
    -You really need to clarify a few of the rules, and the sanctions received for breaking them. Most notably, how mutes are handled. I am still confounded over the way that mutes are dealt with and how sanctions are distributed, and I've been here for over a year at this point. If it is stated anywhere, then I don't believe it is clear enough.

-Implement an option to sanction a player anonymously. It's very difficult to sanction a player that is well-known in the community, either because they're your friend or because of a potential backlash. Hell, I've had to do it myself and have become hated by an entire community for doing it. However, every player should be treated equally, and nobody should be exempt from the rules. Because of this, I suggest staff members potentially sanction certain users anonymously. These players will still be able to appeal; they just won't know who's receiving the appeal, as they won't know who banned them. This should of course be an optional choice, but would probably make the staff team's job a lot easier given that they won't be greeted with hateful spam by the friends of the player that they sanctioned. It'd mean that staff cannot be singled out and attacked for just doing their job, and would also mean that no players are able to receive special treatment.

Thanks for reading, and thanks (and sorry) to all the professional staff members on this server that do their best to appease the player-base, despite being criticised by basically everybody.

If you have anything constructive to add, then feel free to comment. However, please don't name or single anybody out.

o/

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I think they should grab old staff members like devil or enchanted who actually play now OR GRAB PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMMON SENSE AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I think we can learn a lot from this, thanks. I would like to say that when choosing staff members we don't have the advantage of hindsight like we do now but it gives us more experience in the future. I would like to add that this is a perfect example about how one should criticise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

I have to agree and I do know who that staff member is :p That staff member did not look into the possibilites of the cause or answer and was just a stupid mistake they made which they are sorry for. With so many people hacking yesterday on kitpvp that staff member forgot that the Assassins kit and that perk even existed. God that staff member was stupid yesterday XD

But in all seriousness I did also bring up the problems with staff at the staff meeting saying that there is no proper training or the people that they was promoting to helper was not thought or looked into properly. When I got promoted to helper I was not told or made aware of anything; it liked they expected me to know everything as I was an ex admin. However, with the time I was not staff, so much had changed and caused me to make mistakes when becoming helper. It shows that they aren't helping or supporting helpers and expect them to know everything. It would be great if a staff actually volunteers to teach the helpers and to make them really great staff (If no one wants to them I can because I don't want helpers to be left there to be expected to know things without being told; its like a baby learning to talk without anyone helping that baby to show how to do it). But I agree with everything especially with that kitpvp event with the kits and flying; stupid staff member needs to get a brain. :D XD

~Senpai

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. kailanchauhan

I don't know who made this point, but nonetheless I'll say it.
    The staff ranks that have been organised seem to have no effect - every staff member pretty much does the same job. The on,y difference is the rank name and the permissions.
    If I'm wrong, here please inform me, because I would like to see a more (what should I call it?) "family-like" system where the higher and mor experienced members educate, encourage, nurture and guide the lower ones. Isn't that what promotions are for?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

I think Antony said it already in the suggestion thread.
    And yep, I know what you mean, there is no difference.

7. Chrxstxan

Retired Administrator

I'm here to help when someone actually asks me to. :) - Dxrk

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Honestly we should get dxrk and antony to get along and if they're both staff members, then it'll be okay xD.
    TRIGGER WARNING!

HERE COMES THE KICKER OF PEOPLE YOU DON'T NEED (This may be a bit mean, but it'll only help the server)
    @YaBoiSyd - For muting a person (me) for literally defending my own religion against an islamaphobe and then said i was being inappropriate and disrespectful (Also tempbanning me just for the low blow)

@ElementalOps - being disrespectful towards players and threatening to ddos
    (Maybe) @dragenor (I said maybe so dont bully me)- Falsely banning Ryan
    @DanSoup - Huge inactivity/racial slurs
    @givenchy - Unusual mutes (BANNED SOMEONE FOR 500 DAYS LOL)
    @TrumpsWall - Purposely tries to get in arguments with me and then punishes me right after.

People we need
    @Xaander__
    @Senpai_Artic
    @The_Kadrek
    @BlueFusion12
    @BiduBR
    @Chrxstxan
    @ItzAntony
    @PeachHalves
    @Cabin
    @NoHacksJustSid
    @JackieTheLai
    @Jeqqee
    @Samiiii_
    (Maybe) Me (Cuz i can actually do a lot, but no one like me)
    @Syanar
    @Real_DonaldTrump AKA ChargerHax
    @_RickHarrison_
    @Kootze_
    @DevilStuff

*MAY BE UPDATED (Don't feel left out)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ObtuseMoose

lol.

Could help with some stuff on the server such as KitPvP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. YaBoiFrooty

I can agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Xxnder

Retired Staff

• Like Like x 1
  12. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

Must say I am honoured to be on the list of lifekiller (drink it maaaaan)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

ur welcome
    np habibi

14. Samiiii

Retired Staff

I SUGGEST U MAKEME STAFF AGAIN LIKE IF U AGREEM
    U can't dislike cuz they removed it omg!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Samiiii

Retired Staff

HALF THE PEOPLE U MENTIONED IN THE WHOLE WE NEED THEM THING SHOULD GO GET A JOB

16. Givenchy

Retired Staff

Maybe I'll make a return to staff ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Gl

• Like Like x 1
  18. dragenor

Retired Staff

-A staff member banned a known player for hacking without evidence
    If that was about me, me and RyanICP already cleared this up :p

19. dragenor

Retired Staff

Ok this is going to sound really bad but I need to make things clear. False banning ryan was ONE mistake. This is sounding bad but everyone makes mistakes. I talked to Ryan on why I banned him and we cleared things up. I respect what you're saying @lifekiller43_ but one mistake doesn't deserve a demotion in my opinion. I fully understand what you're saying about the false ban and all but I think that everyone makes mistakes and I think some of what you said (not just about me) was pretty unfair. I actually agree with you on alot of your points and I have thought of those points myself aswell so don't take this the wrong way please <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. hbl

hbl

Devil and Enchanted don't want to be staff here... I can see why.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.