Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a few ideas, but large impact.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by weapon_slam, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Naepha

It has come to nearly everyone's attention, that the helpers, are not really helping as much as they should, or at all for that matter.
    Apparently, you can get muted for calling McCree, a character from Overwatch mind you, a video game, a big ass mother fucker is mutable. Now a 2 hour mute, is pretty ridiculous. Some of the helpers, just don't do anything. They'll log in for 5 minutes, cause some sort of fight in chat sometimes and then leave, and that's all she wrote. So, suggestion number one, active staff team.
    Another thing is, the ban/mute system is broken.
    Every mute is either 2 days, or 2 hours. anything else is unheard of.
    A half hour, then two hours, then five, then ten, a day, two days, 5 days, 10 days, 20 days, 1 month, 2 months, then permanent mute.
    Apparently telling someone to fuck themselves is a two day mute. If everything you say is at someone, you're not allowed to swear at all, swearing at other players is not allowed. There's no line in the sand there, and you can't expect anyone to follow this rule if you're so vague.
    Branching off of that, relax. Stop banning/muting for stupid reasons.
    The staff (especially helpers) don't seem to know what's against the rules either, considering they ban/mute you for basically anything. That is not a good staff team, not even close to bad, it's terrible. Maybe teach them how to do their job?
    Even more on the ban/mute system, and not being helpful in general.
    When players get 2 day mutes, they sometimes try to get help. But by the time they actually get a REPLY ALONE from the staff, their mute is long over. Even if it was a stupid reason for muting (which it always is I GUARANTEE YOU %80 OF MUTES ARE STUPID) they can't get help at all. When help is there, it's so late.
    The players are not around a good staff team and cannot trust at all that they can get help when a staff member mutes someone for a horrible reason. And the staff don't even seem to take in the information. They're always there for the stupid things but when something actually happens they're there a day later.
    This is the last time I'm talking about the staff.
    Maybe some things for plugins?
    Chatcolor sounds good.
    Nickname sounds good.
    A new ban/mute system sounds good.
    Colored Signs sounds good.
    access to Helpop sounds good.
    if not helpop, a way ingame to contact staff while muted in order to get justification.
    If abused, just ban them, that simple.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. hbl

hbl

You're going to get yelled at for suggesting nicknames and chatcolor, just a heads up. I already tried it already.

Nice thread though, and I have to agree with you. Staff here, all of them, are so misguided it's not even funny. They need a proper staff manager, Antony for some reason doesn't have the authority to teach staff members (which is bull), and Blue is in college. Nothing can be done apparently.

I've also seen a wide selection of helpers who do their job. Horribly.

EDIT >>

I can make any colored signs you want, just PM me when you see me in game.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Naepha

that was the point of suggesting nicknames and chatcolor
    and thanks.

4. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Are Elite+
    Sound's a bit rude now, but that's true. No1 told the helpers what's right and wrong. They got nothing like rules are how to behave as staff. Some of them aren't prepared for being staff, just untrained.
    "The staff" -> there is only 1 Mod who deserves the rank rn, that's how it shows to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

memmes

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. _Brokencrystal_

Server used to be brilliant and had this rule before, started going downhill when many good staff resigned and said rule was removed and later put back, if I remember correctly.

The idea is that you can't say "(player) is a (swearing)!!!11!", "(swear) (player) they are a (swearing) noob" or anything else towards someone, but you can say "oh (swear) I got the reset glitch.." Most people understand this.

However, I would say that the rules in general aren't the best, especially considering that at one point the owner copy pasted the server rules and said they applied to the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

The mute reasons are set out into catergories and believe it or not 2 hours mute is the lowest mute you can get. :)

But I am going to be honest here. The staff team does need to get their act together and start actually doing their job and mute people and help people in general. What I usually find is that people need help in chat but a staff does not help as they are busy building. This shows us that staff don't want to take their responsibility as staff and help or at least try to find solutions to the situation. My self as staff I do admit I'm not active as well some other staff may not be. If you guys want to know why lately I have not been active like before is because I got work experience as a web designer, learning HTML and CSS, and I also got school so it's hard to do that why also trying to help as staff on here as much as I can. Also I believe there is a warp, /Warp MegaCraftInformation or something like that, which tells you everything about severity's like the mute / ban times, what reasons catergorised where and examples (not all).

When some of the current staff got accepted as helper they mainly got accepted at a time when it was going down hill and was not trained or taught properally how to do everything and how everything works. Things like these do happen and truthfully in my eyes isn't their fault to blame for.

Hope you understand and I don't mind if anyone disagrees as this is my own thoughts about this all and you guys have your own. But yes with some of these ideas produced I do agree on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Naepha

Would have been a better argument if you didn't choose selectively what you wanted to see out of this, that's ignorance, bud.
    But hey, it's your opinion not mine.

9. Naepha

I don't see the issue with targeted swearing, reason being, if someone says "fuck (player)", they're muted for two days. If they say "screw player.", which has essentially the same meaning, they get off with no punishment/warning. if it's not the word itself, they're going to use another of the same definition. So I don't see the point of restricting those words.

10. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Oh ye, that's true.
    @Senpai_Artic This is the reason, why Mega needs more Senpais:
    We need more Senpai's....png

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. _Brokencrystal_

At that point it falls under the category of troublemaking/harassment/starting arguments. If you've seen staff not punishing or even warning for that, it is poor performance.

12. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I'm not sure whether this kind of thing will ever go away. There have been many times when I thought things were getting better, only for it to go back downhill. I think maybe some time should be given to staff to try and sort something out, though my mind may change.

13. Samiiii

Retired Staff

#BringBackOldStaff

14. trbz_

Chatcolor is bad because it would be eyerape.
    Nicknames are bad because then it's harder to figure out someone's real name and someone could pretend to be someone else.
    Colored Signs already exist: They are a donator perk.

15. hbl

hbl

Can you not go over what we've already stated? Smh.

I was on a server where they had nicknames and to see someone's real name you had to hover over their nickname. Easy fix to what problem you stated.

16. Xxnder

Retired Staff

Yeah no
    Already got that.
    Seems a bit hypocritical.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. _Brokencrystal_

What 3OG said and /realname.