Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The God Delusion/Religion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lifekiller43_, Mar 9, 2017.

?

Do you truly believe in God?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Disclaimer: If you are offended by a belief that someone controls everything and anything, don't read. If you are offended and u still wanna read, gg 4 u then.

1: The Real God Delusion

What I find retarded is the belief that god exists. Now of course we don't exactly know how the universe was created, but we shouldn't turn to religion because of that. For a long time people thought the earth was flat and put that theory as a freaking law in some colonizations. But scientists and travelers proved it otherwise. There are things explained by science.

2. Religion

The belief of even following religion can be yours. But in my opinion I find it barbaric. (Btw my former religion Islam won't be exempt from this criticism) in the Jewish/ Christian history Moses proposed something that was apparently said by "God" was this

31:17 Now therefore kill every boy, and kill every woman who has had sexual intercourse with a man.

31:18 But all the young women who have not had sexual intercourse with a man will be yours.

Oh and when killing gays was (and still) okay according to the new and Old Testament

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with another man as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death

Oh and the sexism to!

Corinthians 11:7 A man is ought not to cover his head because gods glory is a man, but a mans glory is a woman.

I have written contexts from other Bible websites that says they also have to shave their heads if they don't pray with their heads covered.....

B. Islam; Now before we get into this, yes I WAS a Muslim, but I've realized that this was definitely by ingraining so I am now an atheist (btw my parents are actually open to it. So it's still cool) In Islam we have a prophet named Muhammad (S.A.W) He married a 9 year old named Aisha. People will argue saying "at the time it was socially acceptable" but the thing is, Muslims see Muhammad as the perfect person to follow, and also in the beginning of praying, you recite something called Surah Fatiha. It's basically an opening to god, but what one line says and I'll translate this. Which basically means to pray to god only and not letting The socials to control you. This connects with the claim. Now I'm not calling Muhammad a pedophile mainly because people were doing it and women didn't last long.

Here are some verses

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

3. Religious influences.

So far around 40% of Americans think that the earth is 6000 years old. Let that sink in. The tree in one of your backyards is probably older than that. There are fossils older than that. So why would the earth only be here so far for less than 10k years?

There's also a contradiction with science. Again like I said, the earth being 6000 years, and also the idea of creationism. Evolution made most things including humans and animals and plants. (We share the same DNA as bananas) the idea of evolution is surely more logical than creationism, the history of evolution was the first procreating cell (from a genetic mutation) creating another one and another and another and another then evolving into an animal, like the ape, then the ape procreates and then there's another genetic mutation and the human is born. Then us as humans (who share 99% of our DNA with apes) are evolved apes.

I really hope you think about these things. I'm not asking you to become atheist or anti religion or agnostic, all I ask for is a thought and a decision.

Thanks.

2. hbl

hbl

Yea you're an atheist, we get it. But seriously why exactly are you posting this on a website that's about a kid's game?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Cuz I'm bored and there are older people who play this game.

4. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I've a feeling this post will get locked soon. I personally think it is ridiculous people choose to idolize teachings from thousands of years ago when they aren't applicable now. My problem with religion is that is tries to say that what is said in their holy books is the truth and the only truth, whereas science is based upon proof and evidence. Science doesn't say that something is true and must be blindly believed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Trist

You want to know what an older player thinks? You might assume that I don't believe in a god because of my nefarious personality, but I will assure you that I do. Science tells us nothing about how we ought to act; the belief that moral and even existential truths will be found in empiricism is a consequential flaw of the Western canon. When you realize "truths" (whatever that means) you will heavily question the limitations of science. The typical edgy teenager will attack religion on moral grounds while simultaneously support science in light of that argument, which neither science nor morality have anything to do with eachother. Physicists proved they were "right" with Hiroshima and Nagasaki; who cares about those kinds of truths. Atheistic driven Marxism like that of the USSR and the regions of Asia under Mao took over a hundred million lives, moreso than all religions combined. Atheistic driven societies lead to nihilism and mass destruction because if you've decided you will permanently die inevitably one day and nothing truly matters, you will make your life feel good despite the consequences it will have on your fellow man because they too will die. Those atheists that decide they wont do this will be round up and shot by the hedonists that will, just as men like Stalin had done. My point is, battling god from a moral standpoint is a losing battle. Especially when you try to also incorporate science into it because the two are incomparable. Not everybody is Niezsche, or able to carve meaning out of a finite existence. Not everybody "rises to thr challenge," and to strip away religion which allows people to confront death with ease is inhumane. Ultimately, the acceptance of death is the only remaining problem that matters; some go into it kicking and screaming, but most religious can go into it with a calm demeanor or even a sense of reassurance. I would never take that away from anyone; I envy it... I would be willing to answer questions you have, because I'm not stupid and I'm actually quite the polymath for existentialism and societal criticism.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

"Atheistic drivenMarxism like that of the USSR and the regions of Asia under Mao took over a hundredmillion lives, moreso than all religions combined."

I'm certain this isn't true. Also are you trying to say that "God" is the reason humans have morals? If so how come humans before contemporary religion did not kill each other? Many religions like Hinduism (I can't say Hinduism is a religion because it's more complicated than that) far pre date any abrahamic religion and it teaches that there is no God and nothing happens after death, yet these people were part of one of the greatest and most advanced civilisations. Furthermore if you are suggesting that atheists find meaning in killing eachother because they know inevitably they will die, how come animals don't have that same mindset, I.e the drive to kill others of their species. I think that even though inevitably we will die and that's the end, we still have meaning and we can still make an impact and I think that is what drives people.

Sorry if this is written very poorly I'm on my phone.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.