Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Required Verbal Warning

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xHerobrine, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xHerobrine

I don't have much time, so I am going sum up my suggestion neatly.

Suggestion: Make it required for Helpers and other staff to warn a player that is breaking a chat rule with a verbal warning. By "verbal warning" I mean actually talking to the player and telling them "Please stop spamming" or something of similar nature. Do not simply give them the command warning and then if they are to break the chat rules again like 5 hours later mute them instantly.

Why do I suggest this? Well, today I was muted. Basically what happened was...
    - Start -

In-Game

"AHAHAHA XD oh my god" xHerobrine
    "Lmfao" other player
    "LMAO" xHerobrine
    "I'm laughing so much oh man" xHerobrine

*xHerobrine has been warned with the command warning*

In real life
    "Okay I was sort of saying a lot of caps" xHerobrine

*a couple hours pass*
    *xHerobrine realizes something while building*
    "AAARGH!" xHerobrine

*You have been muted for 2 hours!*

- End -

Yeah. I use full capped words a bit earlier today, I get warned. Then later today when I say "AAARGH" once, and I am instantly muted.

Hell, I have questions on that even being a mutable offense. I said "AAARGH" only once, that is it and I am instantly muted. https://mc-mega.com/forum/threads/unfair-mute.5746/#post-33335 NotMyFault says in this thread that I have "clearly not learned from my mistake". What mistake was there? Is anyone who says a full capped word once instantly breaking the chat rules? NotMyFault you need to learn again what breaking a chat rule even is (I don't seriously mean this sentence, it's more me being salty over my mute).

(This part however is serious) You need to be fair and give a verbal warning first. There is 1 warning per day, okay that is the server rule that I have to abide by. But, I do not like how you expect every player to be some sort of perfect rule following machine. I do not spam, I do not mean to at the very least. When I do spam though I expect a staff member who wants me to stop to say "Hey, can you stop spamming" or something. Not to just instantly mute me.

This is a long post and a sort of rant, yeah I do agree. But I hope you will read the full thing and try to understand what I am saying. If you don't? Well, then you aren't doing your job at all for you are just assuming what I am saying and being very biased and bad at being a Helper (directing this to NotMyFault).

2. xHerobrine

@NotMyFault

Last comment to my main thread: Basically just use common sense. Players make mistakes from time to time and even though that isn't an excuse for what they did wrong you can't just punish them immediately. You need to be reasonable and tell them to stop by talking to them instead of just using the command. I do not mean this for every situation, since some players are very rude and spam for no reason at all. I do mean this though for players like me who did not mean to spam and did not even do that much. You just instantly muted me an entire two hours for such a trivial reason and no warning and I saw it as entirely unfair.

3. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

PM that to Blue or ItzAntony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.