Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The history of Megacraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poopy_Farty, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Poopy_Farty

Hi people! I am here to inform you on the history of megacraft. Correct me below if there is any incorrect information.

FIRST: Megacraft officially launched on July 10th 2012! :D This is the official launch video:

Shortly after this, October or so I believe is when I first joined thanks to my friend Minrocks who has retired from the server and used to be a moderator. Back then leebisa was just an admin, and Kadrek was a Mod.
    Also back then: There were 4 non-staff ranks: Noob, Regular, Advanced, Trusted, I gave trusted non-staff rating because you literally got 0 perms that relate to being staff such as /mute. There were only 2 Donator ranks: VIP and Elite. The staff ranks listed as follows: Mod, Admin, Superadmin, then Boss. Ranks added much later were: H-Admin which = Half Admin, and Boss got changed to Owner. Back then there were 3 owners: mitchelrm, kuller85, and BlueFusion12.

To achieve a non staff rank back in the day you had to build something in survival, yes, build something, if you suck at building you're screwed. For my Noob to Regular promotion I just created a basic house that looked decent IMO. For my Regular to Advanced rank I created a castle that I was proud of and I still hate blue for removing that world...

Back before 2.0. We had members that none of you people know. Such as: Minrocks, kpeg(inesrt numbers here), mattman2k12, ElectricDrip, etc. Most veteran members should remember. It was an amazing community and still is today and hopefully it stays that way.

There were multiple servers: Survival, Creative, Skyblock, and soon added was KitPvP (as you notice no longer is here ;( )

For survival, claiming areas were different, you had to ask a mod+ to worldguard it for you. Also, you could create your own pvp arenas in the Survival world which you had to ask a staff member to enable the pvp in said arena. If you killed a player in a pvp arena you got their head, yes you decapitated him, and that was also an economic balance: selling player heads. I remember if you had Kadrek's head he would freak the crap out, I had his once (purchased via when he wasnt on <3) and had to hide it at the world border in a hidden chest so he wouldn't get it xD. The pvp arenas resulted in deathwarps and /tpa killing. Yes back then there was /tpa for everyone. Which did not cost any currency. Speaking of currency, the currency back then was emeralds. Yes emeralds, not an imaginative object like Cubits that you cannot have in your inventory or Megacoins. Emeralds, the kind you mine in Extreme hills biomes. These were the currency we paid for items for. Speaking of paying, players were also able to create their own shops if they were a Regular rank and above and sell all kinds of items using the essentials signs plugin i believe. This was the #1 source of economic competition. The #2 choice of the economic competition was black marketing illegal items. There was a glitch that I am not going to say that allowed you to obtain any item you wish with any sort of enchantments via anvil. For example: I set up a guy (not naming anyone) once and he sold me a Quartz with all god enchantments (sharp 5 unbreak 3 etc.), said player was later punished. Even after the glitch was patched people still had the blackmarket items and sold them for months and probably up to even 2.0! This maintained a way of economic stability though. Also: since PvP arenas were aloud, god apples and god diamond gear were the #3 way of obtaining emeralds, you sell them to desperate players for buttloads of money and make it RAIIIIIN. Also in survival: There were towns. LOTS OF FREAKING TOWNS. LITERALLY EVERY PLAYER OWNED A GOD DAMN TOWN. But there was one town that was like the dictator. Mintown. back then there was a livemap of the survival world. Mintown was literally 1/8 of that map. Staff were highly controversial about this problem some said "reduce the amount of claimed land he gets" some said "nah it's fine". No joke. In fact the owner of Mintown claimed my house accidentally because his island expanded so much it connected to my tiny ass island I had. His town had at least 100 houses I swear. I remember that town used to have ONE FREAKING HOUSE. And then I saw that empire grow. From 1 to 2 to 8 to 14812394329413483194 houses. PvP wise: the nether and the end had pvp, and the nether and end also had their own warps: /warp end /warp nether. I remember one day kuller was spawning a butt ton of enderdragons for us to collect dragon eggs and XP, and since pvp was on people killed eachother for the dragon egg. I set a home near one of the dragon egg's death spot by luck, and i quickly grabbed a piston and a redstone torch got the egg and warped tf out of there, everyone was killing eachother and then they realized "WHERE DID THE EGG GO" i was laughing so hard XD. At one point in 1.0 I had 6 dragon eggs due to trading buying and enderdragon spawning. There was also a /warp wither where you can spawn the wither. People never did that they just did it in the nether and people faught over the nether stars. Overall there was a lot of killing people. I actually set up my own head shop and had 6 large chests full of heads that went from 1 emmy to 1000 emmies, emmies were what we called emeralds. If it was a noob's head that always got killed, of course it went for less. If it was a pro's head who was hard to kill (i.e. kadrek, jamsden) those went for buttloads of emeralds.

For the creative server: the plots were smaller of course, and you didn't get more, and there wasn't worldedit. Ranks were for every server. As a noob, you can have 1 plot and as a regular you get 1 plot. As an advanced you get 2 and as a trusted you got 3. I do not know the staff rank's plots. VIP's got 25 plots i believe, and elites got 50. Nobody played on this server in 1.0 since survival was much easier due to the large amount of towns, because of that people got a free house, and most of time when a newbie joined I or other members gave them free gear XD.

Skyblock: Eh this was semi popular, in fact this is what Minrocks dragged me to the server for.

KitPvP: This was added about 2 months before 2.0, it was kitpvp, everyone got iron gear and murdered eachother. Simple as dat.

Other stuffs:

THM: THM stands for total house makeover, you could apply for one on the old forums to receive a brand new sexy af house from mitchelrm and his team of Architect ranks. Architects were essentially the server builders, which built spawns THM's etc. Mitch surprised me with a THM, I did not apply for one. He had a series on youtube with this which features the not popular band Area 11 which the whole server obsessed. Here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG2izuYn_xrqSi6ziDCsQWK4O_sao1nw3 My THM was THM 15.

Rank permissions and how to obtain:

Aight, noob was the lowest rank that everyone had at one point. They got the basics: /sethome /home /spawn /help /ticket etc.
    Regular was the next rank up from noob. I believe you needed 20 hours of playtime and a decent looking build in survival. With this rank you got permissions to create your own shop! You also get /setwarp i think.
    Advanced was above regular. You needed 100 hours of playtime and a build or two that is better than your regular build. This rank gives you the ability to type colors in chat (i.e &7 &3 &a &k etc.) and the ability to rank up to trusted.
    Architect: For this you needed essential building skills and have many good builds in survival. For this you got all essential builder commands: worldedit, all that stuff
    Trusted: For this you needed 200 hours of playtime, and to be trusted by the owner, hence the name trusted, I had this rank at one point. You literally got nothing with this except a 3rd plot and /seen
    Mod: You had to apply for this on the forums as you still do today, you needed 250 hours of playtime (not mandatory requirement) and be extremely dedicated to the server. For this you got all the mod commands, the ability to worldguard and /co
    Admin: Has no life and spends all day on the server, very dedicated requires extreme maturity and coping. Basically mod but more commands idk
    Super admin was the highest you could go, they essentially got OP. You literally spent 24/7 on the server with this rank, it requires EXFREAKINGTREME DEDICATION. Pretty much op minus a few commands
    Boss: Owner, nobody got this but the dev (blue) owner (blue) and kuller and mitch, I actually don't know why they became owner i just didnt care XD. OP

Big updates:

Some of the major changes that happened were: Adding kitpvp, h-admin, the large amount of blackmarkets getting demolished, many glitch abusers who sold via blackmarket being banned. Idiots who got banned used cracked accounts to get back on.

That's it! If I left anything out let meh know.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Poopy_Farty

Holy crap I typed an essay. XD

3. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Thanks for making this, it brings back memories. Furthermore, this thread has inspiring me to extract a thread from an old database dump from the old forums. Similar to you, I wrote a massive essay detailing the early history of MegaCraft for its first anniversary. This thread is now archived here: http://mc-mega.com/wiki/megacraft-history/

Just some comments...
    There has always been three. (Donator, VIP, Elite)
    lol good times...
    Also SG!
    This needs to exist again

Also, I sound so much different in that video. Wow have I changed...

4. Poopy_Farty

Oh yeah SG! Nobody played this because it was classic SG and that sucks. XD

5. Poopy_Farty

I mainly described the mere important details and put in my personal experiences instead of just everything related to the server.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP BLUEFUSION RATED MY POST INFORMATIVE MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

6. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Well I loved it. Hahaha

7. Poopy_Farty

Wiki said: Octobor was a good month for megacraft. I joined that month. its becuz of me rite