Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I Am Quitting AJGaming And Why You Should Too.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ___Error_Sans___, Nov 25, 2017.

?

Are you going to leave?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4CV

4CV

By ___Error_Sans___, a donator of 40 dollars who has spent more than 10 days straight playing.

In this essay-esque document I will be going over the reasons that I quit AJGaming and supplying proof and reason to every point.

Look, I don't hate the community. Their are some bad people, (for example right when I logged on to creative my last time the second message was whale*** in chat) but mostly it is good. The bad ones bring down the community so much though. One of the worst parts of this is that some of it can EASILY be solved but people don't care enough to do it. One thing staff could do is add a plugin to stop curse words from going through, as they are against the rules (Yet less than a quarter know the rules -- that will be commented on later). Those things are easy to do, as from a 10 second google I found a highly rated and interactive free spigot curse blocker (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/anti-curse-pro.16870/). This is a symptom of a larger problem, that of which is the inability and lack of competency in the staff, as even when I tried running a server I installed a plugin quite easily.

The response times and quality of help from staff is also TERRIBLE. Whenever they try and help (which rarely happens) most of the time they can do nothing because they need higher level staff on. Either get more good staff in the higher ranks or you will fail.

I have also found the sketchy nature of the server to be quite displeasing. One of 2 managers (PeanutButterB0B) promised all Space X members a special rank (discord evidence) and a special kit (forum evidence). Here is the forum post before I brought it up to staff. Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 1.02.00 PM.png After I told them about it, they denied it was their and when I opened it in a new tab, this is what I found.

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 1.32.34 PM.png

Notice how the promise of the special kit is gone. When I confronted them with this evidence

of the promise, also showing what peanut meant with the one below it showing he is referring

to lost

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 12.48.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 12.50.10 PM.png they switched to saying that Peanut promised them, not them so they wouldn't give any reimbursement for the promise in which was sent to all the people of SpaceX. I was a very loyal player, I spent so much of my time working on these servers and this is how I am treated, by the staff I talked to every day and didn't think were so bad. When financials come into view, this is how they act.

Extending on that, the next problem in which I have is that the staff are messed up. Jack uses all the money this server makes to fund his CS-GO gambling addiction and most of the staff are very immature. I am going to use evidence against Peanut here, because he betrayed me as well. Even the staff think their ideas are terrible as the image above shows how Peanut obviously thinks the whole thing is more of a cash grab then the Emoji Movie. Peanut also had a HUGE grudge against Inforno in which showed the immaturity of him, in which clearly clouded his judgement as he insulted and attacked Inforno even as staff. He was skewing all the issues against him, and was clearly bias. Jack is also very unfair to non-donators, and I will get into that on the next paragraph.

Jack is completely corrupt. I used to have problems with a player formerly known as CJ on SpaceX in which donated a lot of money and had neptune. When CJ griefed our whole clan base, Jack refused to go into it and gave us filled up ME drives with not even good stuff to shut us up. CJ also cursed and fought many times, downright harassing the people of Space X. You would think this griefing, harassing, and generally terrible player would get banned, right? No. Jack was terrified of banning or even warning CJ in any way because he was a constant donator, on a server group that isn't doing too well, which transitions me well into my next point.

The AJGaming servers are dying.

Our server is slowly dying and the only thing that jack or the other staff do to stop it is resetting the servers, sort of like going bankrupt. For most servers it rarely happens, but compared to this server it happens all the time. We reset WAY too commonly, which only works temporarily to get more players. If someone keeps going bankrupt, they are not good to stick with.

If AJGaming tried, they may be able to be decent. The one problem is that they don't. They are cynical in nature, always just doing the same thing over and over again, because big changes require effort, something they don't like to use. But now, it is a corrupt, dying, lying, lazy, preoccupied human embodiment of a cesspool oozing out gunk all over the game known as minecraft. As I know this forum post will be shut down as they will not take any of the constructive criticism, I will also post this on a google docs to send out. Error, Out.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ellielza

> The rules for swearing a believe changed for AJ when the servers merged with mega, you can swear just not directly at people.
    > Use support to get help that the staff member online probably can’t do or if you can’t get a response.
    > He is indeed talking about Lost which at the time was intended to be regular skyblock.
    > Jack hardly plays csgo that accusation is completely baseless and unfair haha.
    > Resets happen because otherwise it gets boring and people want new mods added, spacex shut down as not enough people were playing it or even wanting it anymore and it’s expensive to run.

Network wide is hitting over 100 people on weekends, if you have suggestions or complaints maybe use the correct discord channels rather than making a massive accusation post like this that’s completely baseless and bias.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

I don’t even have CSGO? But I might use that $40 you donated to me to go and buy it! (Joking).

The points you make here are valid but are also untrue.

We don’t have enough staff for the server right now because we don’t have enough players applying. I would like to aim to double our staff team however we simply just don’t have the players applying for the roles.

A reset is a beautiful thing, not only does it lighten up the mod pack in general it allows us to implement new mods and more features that we design over time. It also gives me a good change to upgrade our backend without causing a large amount of downtime to the main server. Believe it or not we don’t reset the server that regularly. Current AW hasn’t been reset for 2 months now and SC hadn’t have been reset for over 5 months.

I am proud of how much our servers reset as it brings in a fresh cycle of new players and makes an overal fair experience of the modpack.

The kit on Lost issue: I have no excuse for this. You are most likely the first player from SpaceX to play Lost and due to this I don’t feel that it is necessary for there to be one.

CJ griefing your base, I had no idea that it was him who did it because if I recall when I asked you, you only had suspicions. There was no proof he did it nor could you provided me with proof. If you had then I would’ve been able to punish him. The drives you had were never recovered and you were happy with what I gave you at the time. I do feel like this point is something stupid you brought Just to spite us more.

Anyway thanks for being an active player in the community and I respect your views (even if I don’t agree with many of them) and I will attempt to make appropriate changes.

Have fun on your new server!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. LinkFelton

Retired Staff

I as I stated in the Discord PMs, I said there would be a KIT, not a RANK. It however was up to Jack to decide what that kit was and when/if it'd be released. That was his decision and he acknowledged that above.

As far as money goes, I don't make ANY money working here. I'm a good friend of Jacks and I help with settings things up and getting stuff organized. I have no personal drive to get people to pay money here so I can get a payoff.

As for Inforno, that entire situation was started and caused by Inforno himself. All bad blood between us went as far back to BEFORE I was ever Staff! I NEVER abused my position as Staff to ban/mute him unless he deserved it. I even gave him less of punishments than deserved due to the bad blood between us cause I didn't want to be called abusive Staff. When he left, yes I celebrated. But I distinctly remember not only the other SpaceX played doing the same but you as well.

You PMed me twice and pinned both messaged twice in a PM trying to get my attention about this situation. Last week I was away on Vacation for the Holiday and was not on AT ALL. Just because the other Manager and the Owner denied you doesn't mean spamming me will get what you want.

I have never "betrayed" you in any way you think I have.

5. Jemaru

Retired Administrator

Hi! Thank you for your not-constructive criticism. We actually do care about wishes and problems of the players. Even if they are not constructive, or nice, as you wrote this down.

I will try to answer to every single Problem that you have with our Network.

1) A Donator of 40$, spent more than 10 days straight playing.

Interesting. As far as I know, nobody begged you for donating. And for the money that you spent, you got something worth for your 10 days of straight playing.

We are thankful for every donation someone does – and be it for some kits to enjoy the game, or just to help the community grow. Every Donation helps the server –

It gets annoying though, when player start to say “Oh I’m special. I donated xx $ I am allowed to do whatever I want, because without my donation, this server wouldn’t even exist.”.

2) We know, that some people rant a lot, and use a lot of curse-words. That’s why we have a player-report channel on discord, you should probably know how to do screenshots, and you can ALWAYS file a support ticket. How many did you file, about cussing? If you want, I will check in our list.
    If you think those bad ones bring down the community I wonder why you don’t report them, to do a better environment. Or why you do not step up and try to do something good. Trying to involve people in more positive Chats. Instead you start to do the exact same thing. Creating hate in a community, trying to provoke other people to leave, by writing down a few problems that we have, but with a lot of “alternative facts”.

3) Btw. Just because we don’t take the mod YOU want, it doesn’t mean that we don’t care about ranting people. But how should we know, if nobody reports them – when someone is not online? Oh yeah I forgot. We are the Staff, we should be 24/7 online, to help someone who’s probably to lazy to move his butt to the forums or in discord to report the “bad guys”. Right?

4) Quality of Staff. That Is a problem that we have. A lot of people that apply forget that being a Staffmember means to be the “Asshole”. If you advanced to fast, you are spawning items in. If you mute someone you are “abusing your power as staff” ecc. Ecc. Aaaaand a lot of people forget that being a staff means: Spending your time to help the community for NOTHING IN EXCHANGE. We do NOT get any money from this.

Just as an easy explanation: We do this, so people like you can say what a bunch of useless, unprofessional staff we are, because we don’t run behind you wiping off your butt, after you take a dump, like a nice kid.

Btw – did you ever apply to be a staff on here?

5) I wonder if we ever got a Support-Ticket over this Issue with Peanut and those Kits. It’s funny that I hear this for the first time ever, since I am back – and it seems like you are the only one complaining. And yes – I have to agree with Jack: For only one Person, to spend several hours behind the computer, thinking about what kind of kit one can make, testing, checking if it is not too much – it is not worth it.
    In my opinion, you should have made a Support Ticket, saying that you just donated a week before SpaceX went down, and you would like to start with some goodies, or maybe something from the new Server.
    I bet you could have even asked if you could trade what you bought for example: a beta-Ticket. I’m sure that could have been something we would talk in the team.
    Oh… but I think I do not see any Ticket about it… oh I see… it wasn’t that important to write to us. It’s better to start a Rant on the Forum. #choices

6) I give you one little example of something you are just doing:

___Error_Sans___ hacked the AJGaming Network, and stole all items that are disappearing on every Server. He’s the evil guy!

Is it true? Maybe? Maybe not. Do I have proofs for it? Nope. But it’s always more fun to send this rumor around isn’t it?

“I am going to use evidence against Peanut here, because he betrayed me as well”
    What? Oooh I see – Peanut didn’t give you what you wanted, so he is now the bad guy, and that’s why we try to destroy his reputation. Please grow up.

7) A) why didn’t you say “that’s no good stuff?” B) Did you have proofs for it? Jack says your proof were just speculations. “Oh let’s ban ___Error_Sans___ for stealing items. We don’t any proofs, I’m sure my speculations are enough. I donated 40$ so I’m sure I tell only the truth” <- Would you like that? No? … oh.

8) I don’t see the server dying. We are getting every day a lot of new people, and even a lot of old players are coming back. Isn’t it interesting that a server starts to die, when you didn’t get what you wanted? Iiinteresting hm?

9) Resets: Resets are needed! In Modded-Minecraft you start in being “done” after around a month. With the huge amount of people joining every day, all getting towards endgame, it will be hard to find free spots, and it gets boring. Why should I play if I already have everything?

Btw: Resets are usually needed for fixing bugs, adding new mods, or removing mods that people don’t want. But why asking. Let’s just assume that we reset to piss people off. That’s why we spend weeks and weeks of hard work just to have fun in the misery of others, right?

10) We are decent. We try our best to give you, and other player the best game experience we can afford. It is hard to stay calm, usually because people aren’t always “that nice” like you are to us right now. Yet we are not perfect. We are not many Staff-Members, and it’s very hard to get People to join the Team, that will stay professional, and do not get light-headed towards the Power you get as staff-member. We are not cynical in nature. We are very nice towards anybody. But if you get insulted like you did … well.

11) I assume you don’t care about the future of AJGaming – otherwise you wouldn’t write anything so damaging, WITHOUT any Proofs (!!!) – so please stop trying to be the “marthyr” – the nice guy trying to save everybody else – because you are one of the reason, the community is going down.

12) As conclusion: This wasn’t constructive criticism. All together I can only say: You are an unthankful brat, that isn’t happy that he didn’t get his toy, so now he starts a temper tantrum.

Have a nice day, and good luck on other servers.

Jemaru.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Buffers

Retired Staff

Error,

The response that follows is on behalf of the entire AJGaming staff team and comes from a long-time staff member and former admin. I will try to answer you as diplomatically as possible as we don't want any dissatisfied patrons.

I will attempt to respond to all of your grievances and explain them in the best way I am able to. Of course, if you ever have any personal questions or concerns, I encourage you to PM me on Discord to discuss further.

First off, cursing is actually allowed on our network... Players are permitted to swear at their leisure, contingent on it not being directed at any other players (ex: Go F*ck yourself) or being offensive or discriminatory. Thus, an anti-swear plugin is not something that would be of use for us.

As a staff member, I try extremely hard and work very diligently to respond to each and every player who needs assistance, regardless of status or donations. With that said, the staff team is very limited due to a lack of applications. This is something that our team is not proud of and we are working hard to find worthy recruits. Of course, if you ever feel a staff member is neglecting you or someone else in the community, or not doing their job up to standard, I encourage you to file a formal complaint (with screenshots) or contact a staff member you trust via Discord or the Forums.

Moving on to the issue that sparked this entire thread - the SpaceX donation problem. On behalf of the entire network, I extend my sincerest apologies for the miscommunication. @PeanutbutterB0B promised a special kit, but after thinking about it we decided to revoke this and we changed the thread. This was a problem on our end and we should not have happened. We aren't perfect, sometimes things like this happen, and we do our best to rectify the situation. It seemed that there was a lack of interest in the kit and so we felt there was no reason to spend hours designing one for one person.

About the resets... We don't do that because the network is dying... We do it because it keeps us fresh and current, and most of the community enjoys the resets. It keeps the game mode from getting boring...

You misinterpreted any problems you had with Jack. Trust me, he doesn't hold back punishments because of donators. Feel free to check the ban logs, countless donators have been permanently banned and muted from our network due to breaking the rules. They receive ZERO special treatment.

Further, Jack uses nearly all profits to grow the server. I understand you're upset, but spreading propaganda such as "Jack uses all the money he gets from this server to fund his CSGO addiction" in attempt to defame the server and its administration is quite immature. Stick to the facts please.

As I'm sure you gathered from the responses from the other staff, we aren't out to "screw over" any of our players. As staff members, our sole responsibility is to make the communities' lives go smoothly and without stress. Clearly, that didn't work with you, but one of the reasons why people play on our server is because we strive to make everyone feel welcomed and cared for. We are, in no way, trying to "scam" or "betray" anyone.

Finally, the term "constructive-criticism" implies that you are criticizing the server in hopes for change to make it better. As far as I can tell, this is a rant designed to destroy the AJGaming reputation via substanceless and empty claims. The antipathy of constructive-criticism.

Good luck to you in your MC playing future. I hope you can see that this was a misunderstanding and NOT an attack on you in any way.

Thanks,
    Buff

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.