Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caps in Ranks Should be Removed

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by DevilStuff, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zLynn

This needs to be removed, and I have a couple reasons why.

1. It breaks the "no spamming or excessive caps" rule. Yes, I know that ADMIN and ELITE aren't more than 9 characters, but if you are going to put a quota on the number of caps you can use, isn't it kinda hypocritical to include an all caps word as a rank?

2. It's annoying to the players. Even when I have elite (which is capitalized), it still draws my attention to the rank way more than it should.

3. The only reason it's there is to draw attention to staff and paid ranks. There are two reasons why both of those are useless. First off, staff have light blue text, which draws attention. You don't need the all-caps staff rank to draw attention to staff. Secondly, 99% of people who have gone on AJGaming have tried to use //copy and //paste. They know that in order to use them, they must vote, but that they can bypass this if they buy a rank. Thus, every time they vote to be able to use //copy and //paste, they are reminded of paid ranks.

So, in summary, an all-caps rank title is hypocritical, it's annoying, and it serves no purpose. Thanks for reading my suggestion! If you agree or disagree, please let me know :)

2. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

I see your point but the caps ranks server global purpose move than a server specific purpose. On the other servers it was getting to the point where people had so many different tags (including creative) at times. That it was hard to pull out the actual role of the user in the chat.

We decided to highlight the two more important ranks, Donation and Staff ranks.

I will speak to Antony later tonight and see if we want to change it back. We may only change back the donator ones as we do feel that it should be more clear who is staff when they have 2-3 extra tags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.