Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

Confused, need some explaining here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mc2squared, Mar 28, 2016.

1. MC2Squared

**Before I start, I'm not trying to draw attention, it's just an odd situation which I really want to know more about, also I ask that nobody but staff/prior staff/highly involved community members respond, I don't want this to get filled with (partially) uninformed answers. Thanks for your cooperation**

Alright, so let me first state it's 11pm and I'm tired, so don't expect this to be fantastic.

I joined Mega 1+ year ago, I've followed the rules, been good. I got a 15 minute mute when me and Trist messed around joking about "new rank perks". I've been as vulgar as always and I fully admit I don't have a very calm way of speech. I'm fully vulgar to state my points, as I see them as words which, in all reality, mean nothing.

Last note before the story starts, Me and @_Roki_ are chill, I gladly think of him as a friend and there's no intent of an attack here, just wondering why.

So, I come down at about 10:20pm, fairly angry about a expensive piece of hardware completely failing with no explanation. This happened to me before, but after tinkering and voiding multiple warranties. This device got no abuse, no nothing. I was getting fairly vulgar in chat, with none of it being directed at anyone. I was rather making satire jokes about the device, being completely normal. I'm always fairly vulgar and there's never been an issue (Yes, I need to restate that because it's key)

So, I get it working, super happy and I look at my messages, to see something that reminds me of a story. I cuss about twice during the story, suddenly receiving a 30 minute mute (not angry about it, It's short considering I was gonna go to bed anyways). I am normally more vulgar than that situation and have ALWAYS been fine, receiving nothing with it. I have always understood the rules as you can swear, but don't circumvent the filter, which I didn't. I check /rules to see that "No Swearing" was added. I remember clearly that such a rule was not in place even earlier. Even earlier that day (~2 hours before) I was being just as vulgar and had no issues. There was no notification of any rule change, even if it was in place earlier. I fully obey the rules that were listed and that I knew of, so to punish someone for not notifying of such changes isn't correct. I have visual proof such, not to mention my FULL chatlog with such messages.

2016-03-27_22.46.51.png

If this isn't enough, I have a pastebin with my FULL session info:
    [Pastebin]

(Mute and reason are listed from 769 to 785)

I'm not mad with the situation by any means, if anything I find it comedic. I'm just stating these issues because it doesn't add up properly to me. At least there should've been a homepage post notifying of such changes. But hey, by the time most of you read this, it'll be over.

Once again, I want no issue with @_Roki_ considering he did NOTHING wrong. He was following rules that changed without notification.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. hbl

hbl

Considering it's only 30 Minutes and it already is gone, I think that the new rule which was added should've been publicly addressed, considering that with you not knowing it and that you're a big chunk of the community, it's strange. The situation should've been PM'ed since it was temporary, otherwise I feel it would be necessary to post it. :)

3. MC2Squared

I could PM it, but it's not a direct issue with one person, rather the lack of information.

4. hbl

hbl

Ah.