Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, need some explaining here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mc2squared, Mar 28, 2016.

1. MC2Squared

**Before I start, I'm not trying to draw attention, it's just an odd situation which I really want to know more about, also I ask that nobody but staff/prior staff/highly involved community members respond, I don't want this to get filled with (partially) uninformed answers. Thanks for your cooperation**

Alright, so let me first state it's 11pm and I'm tired, so don't expect this to be fantastic.

I joined Mega 1+ year ago, I've followed the rules, been good. I got a 15 minute mute when me and Trist messed around joking about "new rank perks". I've been as vulgar as always and I fully admit I don't have a very calm way of speech. I'm fully vulgar to state my points, as I see them as words which, in all reality, mean nothing.

Last note before the story starts, Me and @_Roki_ are chill, I gladly think of him as a friend and there's no intent of an attack here, just wondering why.

So, I come down at about 10:20pm, fairly angry about a expensive piece of hardware completely failing with no explanation. This happened to me before, but after tinkering and voiding multiple warranties. This device got no abuse, no nothing. I was getting fairly vulgar in chat, with none of it being directed at anyone. I was rather making satire jokes about the device, being completely normal. I'm always fairly vulgar and there's never been an issue (Yes, I need to restate that because it's key)

So, I get it working, super happy and I look at my messages, to see something that reminds me of a story. I cuss about twice during the story, suddenly receiving a 30 minute mute (not angry about it, It's short considering I was gonna go to bed anyways). I am normally more vulgar than that situation and have ALWAYS been fine, receiving nothing with it. I have always understood the rules as you can swear, but don't circumvent the filter, which I didn't. I check /rules to see that "No Swearing" was added. I remember clearly that such a rule was not in place even earlier. Even earlier that day (~2 hours before) I was being just as vulgar and had no issues. There was no notification of any rule change, even if it was in place earlier. I fully obey the rules that were listed and that I knew of, so to punish someone for not notifying of such changes isn't correct. I have visual proof such, not to mention my FULL chatlog with such messages.

2016-03-27_22.46.51.png

If this isn't enough, I have a pastebin with my FULL session info:
    [Pastebin]

(Mute and reason are listed from 769 to 785)

I'm not mad with the situation by any means, if anything I find it comedic. I'm just stating these issues because it doesn't add up properly to me. At least there should've been a homepage post notifying of such changes. But hey, by the time most of you read this, it'll be over.

Once again, I want no issue with @_Roki_ considering he did NOTHING wrong. He was following rules that changed without notification.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. hbl

hbl

Considering it's only 30 Minutes and it already is gone, I think that the new rule which was added should've been publicly addressed, considering that with you not knowing it and that you're a big chunk of the community, it's strange. The situation should've been PM'ed since it was temporary, otherwise I feel it would be necessary to post it. :)

3. MC2Squared

I could PM it, but it's not a direct issue with one person, rather the lack of information.

4. hbl

hbl

Ah.