Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

suggestion regarding observers

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Lysus, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lysus

Retired Staff

Mod/Plugin: none
    download link: none
    why it should be added: So I believe that having redstone is a nice thing however, of course as recently shown, observers and other mechanics can potentially cause lag and cause server crashes. One thing I believe could help with preventing such a thing from happening again is by restricting access to certain redstone and lag producing blocks from people bellow certain ranks. For example a certain number beacons can only be used by the ranks, or only designer or above can place observers, etc. I don't know too much about the back end of rank plugins so I'm not sure if this is really feasible or not but I think if possible this can lower the risk of having incidents like this happen again.

2. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

We are currently trying to come up with a way we can make observers work however with the addition to world edit I don’t think it’s possible for us to limit the user by block amount as they would just copy/paste more in..

3. Lysus

Retired Staff

I didn't say limiting the number of observer blocks per player at all. I said restricting it ENTIRELY from players bellow a certain rank. The copy and paste thing is still an issue tho but not as much in this case. The beacon part was an example, but i was more going for the entire restriction aspect of it by rank.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.