Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestion regarding observers

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Lysus, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lysus

Retired Staff

Mod/Plugin: none
    download link: none
    why it should be added: So I believe that having redstone is a nice thing however, of course as recently shown, observers and other mechanics can potentially cause lag and cause server crashes. One thing I believe could help with preventing such a thing from happening again is by restricting access to certain redstone and lag producing blocks from people bellow certain ranks. For example a certain number beacons can only be used by the ranks, or only designer or above can place observers, etc. I don't know too much about the back end of rank plugins so I'm not sure if this is really feasible or not but I think if possible this can lower the risk of having incidents like this happen again.

2. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

We are currently trying to come up with a way we can make observers work however with the addition to world edit I don’t think it’s possible for us to limit the user by block amount as they would just copy/paste more in..

3. Lysus

Retired Staff

I didn't say limiting the number of observer blocks per player at all. I said restricting it ENTIRELY from players bellow a certain rank. The copy and paste thing is still an issue tho but not as much in this case. The beacon part was an example, but i was more going for the entire restriction aspect of it by rank.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.