Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How About A Better Punishment System?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NotGarth, Aug 26, 2016.

1. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

rn the punishments are bad lol

2. ChibiAthena

Hahahahahha! and the staff freaking say Maya used to be a bad staff member (WHICH SHE WASNT) They cant even agree on a freaking mute protocol. I'm dieing of laughter rn. but I'm super pissed at the same time. I hate that staff think MAYA was a bad staff member, when she did NOTHING WRONG, Yes, her temper may need some fixing, but STILL, you guys OBIOUSLY need better staff. Like forreal. when a staff member cant answer a simple question, then they need to be taught by other staff members, how to do their job CORRECTLY. I hate how the staff on this server cannot just agree on ONE FREAKING THING. I hate it! Maya was a perfectly good staff member, and whenever I had a question, SHE could answer it. Now all y'all who hate on Maya, Just, go. This post is about how I think the staff is unfair with mutes/demoting.

On to more of the 'muting' crap.
    Like for real. you need to have a set protocol on how to deal with mutes. I've never been muted, on any server, but I know, that its really annoying when you get muted for saying 1 cuss word or don't blur 'half' of it out. Maya was fair (back to Maya) she gave mutes for the 3rd offence. not just "oh so-and-so said shit without blurring it out *mute*" that PISSES me off. I know that some staff on some servers, are like that, and it really sets me off. I am so pissed that Garth is muted for whatever reason.

And finally, #MayaDidntDeserveToBeDemoted

@BlueFusion12
    @Maya_
    @NotGarth

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PigCloud

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. NotGarth

not gyazo, i mean the mute info lol

5. NotGarth

i want to buy it, not you guys waste your money on a dumbass like me

6. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

ALL of this was bs, she had anger problems WHICH WERE THE REASONS WHY SHE MUTED FALSELY SO MANY TIMES. and she was causing trouble in chat.

Muting: There shouldn't be a real protocol, the severity of it matters more than the amount of times.

me: you're stupid
    Other: Go get cancer and slit your own throat.

Me: *Muted for 30 min*
    other: *Muted for 30 min*

Pretty much communism, and what do communist countries have? PROBLEMS

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NotGarth

8. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

You guys complain when things are bad. We change things. You complain that we change things. We adjust them to better fit what the community wanted. You complain that we change things too much. You can see where all this complaining has gotten us.

I am currently working on fixing this stuff (yet again) and will make a thread once everything is complete. The ladder mutes will be removed and a severity based punishment system will replace it.

@NotGarth
    Spamming tags is against the forum rules. Don't do it again.

As for demoting staff members, discussion on topics like that is really not appropriate nor constructive. A decision has been made using the information we have. None of you have any context other than what you see in chat, so arguing about it completely illogical.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. ChibiAthena

Blue, not 100% true, Maya told me what happened, at least her side of the story, and I'm fighting for what I think is right. Even though you said what you said, I will stay where I stand.
    I don't think that demoting Maya was fair, and you might say "Well the world's not fair" And I KNOW that the world is not fair. But what I think is that it was unfair. People may not of liked Maya as staff, but I did, I stick up for my friends. If the staff members didn't do their job "correctly" then you should tell them that, and tell them how to fix it. TBH I don't care about the mute thing anymore. I care about Maya, and my friends. I have a life outside of this server, and this game, and In that life, I stick up for my friends. I don't betray them. When I'm on the computer, or playing a game, I feel like a completely different person. I can be myself, I can't do that when a friend is upset, because I share their feelings, I care about them. I don't know about you, but I have a life where I care about my friends feelings, and what other people think. I CARE that even though my friends may be bullied, or they might not have a good life outside of this game, I will try, for as long as I play this damn game, to give them the best of me, and to make them feel like they belong.

That's all.

@BlueFusion12 @Maya_

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  10. NotGarth

Thank you Blue., so much. Also: Sorry for spamming tags, didn't realize that was a rule. My bad. Also, sorry for making you work so hard, its probably a pain in the ass

11. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

I don't "Give these guys staff" that is a decision between admins and the owner and sometimes mods. As for <----- Tag. I got given it today on the forums.

12. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Where do I find the nearest gas station?

13. PigCloud

take a left then drive straight a head and it should bring u off a cliff, it wont bring u to a gas station but....

14. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

So what you're saying is that because you like Maya, apparently she's good At staff, but EVERYONE ELSE with personal experience with her (and evidence) didn't like that she was being a staff member, people are allowed to criticize others. That criticism is the future if you're going to be staff or not

15. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

We all know there is going to be problems lol. It's not that I don't agree with you at all, it's just you expect too much from us really. All this changing is because you guys want change and we work really hard to try satisfy these needs but every time a change occurs, there's always an explosion of complaints so what are we supposed to do? Sometimes I feel like people are purposefully just testing us by breaking rules and trying to find little loopholes. It can be hard work and gets the better of some people as you can see the events that have happened recently. I don't want you guys to think this is me saying that you shouldn't complain, I'm just saying before you do, you need to step in our shoes and see what it's like for us.

Also this isn't the place to talk about demotions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I'd say not taking other people's word for it and sometimes with evidence and waiting for the last minute to demote a staff member when damage is already done is pretty illogical. I respect u mainly because you don't demand it from me, you earn it, also because you have a sexy voice on ts. (Blue can make you sleep instantly with his sexy voice) but with all that aside, I also disagree about the off topic thing about staff, the staff also follow these rules and sometimes they literally do whatever they want with it, they just assume you had 20 mutes and they perm mute u instantly, also I have a suggestion about appealing a mute and making it be removed from your history (2 of my mutes were legit.) and that's something that needs to be implemented, also you need even more new staff and this time make sure they actually have common sense, not to be a blunt or anything but, a lot of the staff members that are really active, mostly don't know why they actually mute someone and they make something up, staff should provide evidence for the mute they put.

17. dragenor

Retired Staff

Guys, whenever we change things you all complain and say 'this isn't how it used to be' or 'we want the old mega back'. we change things because you wanted those changes and then you all deny you wanted them. You need to stop and think before you post an idea if you REALLY want it, because we may add it in and you might have changed your mind. Think what its like being staff monitoring 50+ people each day and getting abuse fired at you all the time. Before you post another suggestion i would recommend properly thinking it through first

Still love you all though <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

3 out of 200 people wanted this, you took it and made it a thing, the majority didn't want it, blue didn't poll the people correctly, last time we actually BOTHERED blue about doing something, it worked out completely fine and the rules were fine, you guys aren't learning a thing. Last time this happened so many people were leaving it was like a mass deportion from Donald trump. If you want to make the rules better I'd suggest do it now before the whole server crashes. (It eventually will)

19. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I'm still gonna say maya demotion was good I agree with it its my opinion and you have your opinions don't attack me. She muted people she didn't like and didn't mute people doing bad things. I myself have on,y been muted once so I have nothing to say about this thread accept for the fact it isn't staffs fault your doing bad whatever punishment they give you that's what you receive for doing bad

20. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Hey,

(To NotGarth)
    I just wanted to say few things. Firstly, @NotGarth I don't hate you. Only because I got you your 7th mute doesn't mean that I should hate you right? You broke the rule and were being annoying on chat by spamming, Jack just happened to come online and I gave him the link to chatreport. On the internet, especially on Minecraft servers, I run into a lot of kids who just like to test their limits and try to annoy other people. For me, I just ignore them, why would I spend my time on being mad at them and arguing with them? Its not my job to raise them and try to teach them how to behave properly, that's their parents' job. So what I'm saying... I have no hard feelings for you buddy.

Review of this thread and my opinions about it:
    I kind of agree with the current situation of the punishment system being unfair, however, sometimes you just have to deal with the stuff that you've been given. The staff are working their hardest to provide all of you, every single one, the best possible experience you can have on Mega. One thing to keep in mind though is that there are around 100 players playing on the server daily, it is impossible to make every single player to have everything they want. Sacrifices has to be made.

I personally feel like MegaCraft staff are open for suggestions, has always been. However, simply making threads like this complaining how the system sucks and giving no actual suggestion to fix it, is just pointless. I know you pointed out that the length of the mute should depend on the rule they've broken but then you said "Then, if it's like their 10th mute or something, then perm them." how would this fix anything? It is only 3-4 mutes more than now, if staff were to change the system to this, you would just start complaining after you've got 3 mutes more "OMG this system sucks, there should be atleast 100 mutes before perm mute". I'm not saying that your system suggestion sucks, I'm saying it needs work and a lot more planning. This is exactly what @NoHacksJustSid were pointing out on his comment.. "I don't want you guys to think this is me saying that you shouldn't complain, I'm just saying before you do, you need to step in our shoes and see what it's like for us.". It is not as easy as just having an idea like that and implement it instantly to the server, there is lot more than you would think as regular player happening behind the scenes.

Personally I would recommend all of you to calm down a bit and wait for @BlueFusion12 to release the new system. If you do want to help them, on threads like this, focus to the suggestion part more than to the part where you rant about the system being bad.

My ideas for the punishment system:
    I do not want to say much in this section since I do have my trust on Blue and the staff team. I believe they will come up with well functional system that pleases majority of the server.

I want to start off with saying that I like the idea NotGarth had. The length of mutes/punishments should depend on what rule you broke. This simply because saying inappropriate word and using modified client to get benefits on the server are in two complete different categories. However, about the "10th mute is perm mute" stuff, I would like to see something more like this...

b714c10c46d74614b0d434abdb64c69a.png

I don't know about the numbers how long the punishments should be but the main thing I want to point out here is that players should be punished depending on their previous punishments from the same category. I also would like to say that if you do end up going with anything like this, please do make list like this showing exactly how long are the players meant to be muted for and for what reasons. This way players will be aware of the punishments that they will be getting if they continue with the bad behavior. It also makes it more clear for the staff to follow the correct punishment path.

Well.. few things turned into this, Sorry : D
    Hopefully you enjoyed,

~Jeqqe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1