Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

A Problem with the Rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zaynin_, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Golurk_

As many of you may know, the rules have been updated and you can now swear as long as it is not directly at someone, and some other bits and pieces have changed, but that's not what I'm here to talk about. If a rule is not clearly stated (or at all stated) on /rules, then why is it punishable? Many times I have witnessed people be punished for things that are not even said on /rules, including today when a player named "Fucboi_" joined and got instantly muted for his name. This may be a rule for you staff people, but if it is not clearly stated on /rules, which it is not at all, then how does a player know not to do it? How do they know not to break a rule if they don't know the rule is even a rule? And just saying "Common Sense" isn't a valid answer, as common sense is different for everyone and common sense information should still be notified on /rules.

Thanks,
    Zani_

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Zani, current staff can't edit /rules. But there is a long (outdated) policy on the forum made by Blue.
    As I was staff, I made a new one, one that is more clear and updated. Current staff said its not necessary and that nothing changed from Blue's to mine (Nothing changes, no new hacks, exploits and Mega. It's still the same xD)
    And yes, /rules is outdated and not the right spot, to list up all the rules as detailed as possible. You could shorten the link to it and bind it to the announcer thing like " Did you know that elite get 50 plots?" .

I suggest to reveal ALL staff documents for the players, to make more transparency between the current staff and the players.
    So that the players know, how they get punished, if they break a rule (Yes, I added this information to the never accepted rules too) if they break a rule.

~NotMyFault

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kailanchauhan

So it's Blue who "owns" the staff documents and other staff can't just release them? I may or may not be making a thread about Mega's current situation, and this will be mentioned on my list of stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Yes, if you get accepted for staff, you get the perms to read it, not to edit or share. But you can take screenshots ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. dragenor

Retired Staff

I am working on a plot that states all of our guidelines until we get blue to make them clear to players. This plot will be on the front page of the forums and every so often me and some other staff will put it in the chat. This is not permanent change but if you all like it I could keep it there.

6. kailanchauhan

Sounds good