Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying for Trusted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_Kadrek, Sep 21, 2015.

1. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

With an increasing amount of attention and importance being placed on applying for trusted by the community, I found it beneficial to go over some guidelines, as well as some friendly reminders and tips that will help you understand the process, as well as the best way to have a chance at getting accepted.
    The Do's:
    1. Get on TeamSpeak as much as you can.
    2. Be active in chat and engage in the environment naturally
    3. Say hello to the staff when we are on
    4. Get to know us more personally (I don't mean force yourself to message us saying "Lets get to know each other")
    The Do not's
    1. Call any attention towards your application. This means ANYTHING. Saying something in chat, your status on the forums, anything. Believe it or not, I didn't get owner yesterday. When someone says something like "Wow so many people have views my app" or "Thanks to everyone leaving replies on my app <3", I know what you're trying to do. Doing this ultimately makes me think more hesitantly about your chances.
    2. Message me in any way trying to get me to review your application*
    3. Apply after being on the server for only a couple days. If we do not know you, or haven't talked to you at all, you will be denied.
    4. Do not ask me or any staff what we think your chances are at being staff, or if we think you'd be a good staff member. This is the oldest gimmick in the book and ultimately it just comes off really desperate and unneeded to us.
    So now for some more specifics. Please read this and understand where we are coming from when it comes to applications. Firstly, there is no routine set on when applications are reviewed. It is on a need basis. Meaning, I will not review applications until we really need more staff, or I have some people in mind that I think will get it. *This said, asking me to review your app will most likely get it denied. When it comes down to it, the best way for you to get a solid chance at staff, is to come on teamspeak regularly, and get to know me and the other staff members. Playing a lot and being active in chat are definite additions to that.

So here is my final advice on how I act if I were in your shoes, applying for a staff rank..
    For one thing, I would never message a staff member or the owners about my application. People are busy, and they will review them when they have time, or when they want to. Forcing them to do so only begins their perspective on you in a negative way. Furthermore, I would never mention my application at all. If you are so focused on your app or getting trusted, we begin to be skeptical of why you want trusted. I would get on teamspeak as much as possible, get to know everyone and understand the environment and community. I would play a lot, of course, and be active n chat and interact with the community on a positive level about the game. When people try to hard to impress us or try to hard to get trusted, we get a little skeptical on if you want the rank for the right reasons.

Ultimately, the rank is here for when we feel people would be a good help to our community. You should want trusted for the greater good of MegaCraft, and if we don't think you are ready or something along those lines, assuming you want trusted for the right reasons, you should never get upset when getting denied. If it is for the good of Mega, then you should support it right? What I am trying to say is, if you're a fan to your favorite sports team, and there are two players going for the same position, you are going to support whichever player is better all around for the team, because you want your team to succeed right? It is the same thing here. If you truly support mega and want it to succeed (Which is why you applied for trusted hopefully), then you should support our decisions whether it be accepting you, or accepting someone else.
    When it comes down to it, all I am trying to say is that you ought not to place so much emphasis on getting the rank, and focus more on NATURALLY supporting mega in any way you can. (I say naturally, because I can tell when people are just pretending to care or pretending to want to help just to impress me and make me think you deserve trusted, so just make it genuine)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Well said Kadrek. This basically sums it up.

The reason we put so much emphasis on getting on teamspeak and interacting with us is because promoting someone is about trust. We are trusting you with holding up the ideals of MegaCraft and ensuring the community is fun and enjoyable for everyone. If we get to know you and have a lot of interaction, that trust relationship becomes much easier to build.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Joeelyy

I would LOVE to be trusted, or any staff, but my mother doesn't like me using Skype/TeamSpeak. Also is there any age you have to be to be staff?

-Joely

4. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Using Teamspeak is not a 100% requirement. The idea behind Teamspeak, is that it gives us a more direct and personal medium of getting to know you. Any of our trusted members are people we have gotten to know on a more personal level. If you can accomplish getting to know the staff and myself in some other way, then Teamspeak isn't necessarily required. And we require no age minimum when applying. Good luck!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Joeelyy

Okay thanks for the info!! I submitted my build today, but no staff is on to come look at it :(

6. NeedlessMemes

Yes! Teamspeak/Skype is not required! I can't go on TS/Skype so that's lucky! BTW, love the server

7. NeedlessMemes

You don't apply here

8. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

WHAT my app was turned down only because of TS!

9. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Ts is highly recommended so u get to know staff and so they can get to know you. For now just come on ts, you don't need to talk just come on, and be active in ts until u can reapply. But, if u cant get ts then u will need to include it in your application, which I would recommend, why and Im sure they will understand u cant. But other than that good luck next time lifekil :D I do hope to see u as a part of the staff team soon :p